News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy- Page 7

Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy

ArtMan
#150Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 9:00am

"Speed" has already identified himself as the actor Eric Millegan, who was a regular on Bones.  He stated this in the thread  "who's the most famous people on this board."

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#151Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 9:01am

Speed said: "I, personally, am more famous than most people on Broadway but I'm not entitled to their roles if I ask to play them."

No Rafael, you are not famous, you are notorious. And not for any work you have done, but for your world alienated statements and tweets and views on this case that will haunt you for the rest of your career, or what's left of it. Whenever people will Google you they will either find this mess, or your Wikipedia of which the main contributor is yourself.

I don't know if it was a dumb move to help your buddy or that you could use some attention for your latest (film)project but be careful is my advice. Nobody wants to work with an agitator.

ebizzle
#152Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 9:04am

"speed" said on Who's the most famous person on this board that:

"I'm Eric Millegan.  Was a series regular on the TV show "Bones."  Have theater credits too."

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#153Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 9:05am

carnzee said: "So a poster on the other board named "King Speed" has posted comments on how unprofessional Mandy Patinkin is."

Actually, I agree with this. Not only is his unprofessionalism in previous projects well documented, but he had no legitimate reason to back out on his commitment to The Great Comet.

Updated On: 10/5/17 at 09:05 AM

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#154Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 9:06am

That must have been a diversion tactic.

Leading people away from his true identity.

Updated On: 10/5/17 at 09:06 AM

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#155Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 9:07am

kdogg36 said: "carnzee said: "So a poster on the other board named "King Speed" has posted comments on how unprofessional Mandy Patinkin is."

Actually, I agree with this. Not only is his unprofessionalismin previous projects well-documented, but he had no legitimate reason to back out on his commitment toThe Great Comet.
"

Everybody who focused on race in this case was unprofessional. That includes Oak, Cynthia, Rafael and yes, Mandy.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#156Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 9:23am

Mandy's departure seemed more about not wanting to touch this controversy and damage his own career. And frankly, I didn't blame him one bit.  By that point, thanks to Casal and Erivo, this thing had taken on a whole life of its own.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#157Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 9:26am

ArtMan said: ""Speed" has already identified himself as the actor Eric Millegan, who was a regular on Bones. He stated this in the thread "who's the most famous people on this board.""

In that case, I stand corrected.  I still don't consider him to be all that famous, and his arrogance (" I, personally, am more famous than most people on Broadway"   )   is even more of a turn-off.

Updated On: 10/5/17 at 09:26 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#158Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 9:26am

Dave28282 said: "Everybody who focused on race in this case was unprofessional. That includes Oak, Cynthia, Rafael and yes, Mandy."

Mandy seems to be a stretch.

carnzee
#159Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 9:29am

kdogg36 said: "carnzee said: "So a poster on the other board named "King Speed" has posted comments on how unprofessional Mandy Patinkin is."

Actually, I agree with this. Not only is his unprofessionalismin previous projects well documented, but he had no legitimate reason to back out on his commitment toThe Great Comet.
"

Patinkin may be unprofessional.  I don't know much about him. But "King Speed" posted that to try to divert attention away from Oak's mistakes, which is why I said he had an agenda in posting it.

Neither Patinkin's alleged unprofessionalism nor Kagan's bad producing lets Oak off the hook for showing up unprepared and demanding accommodations, as has been reported.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#160Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 9:33am

adamgreer said: "In that case, I stand corrected. I still don't consider him to be all that famous, and his arrogance (" I, personally, am more famous than most people on Broadway" ) is even more of a turn-off."

Anyone on a TV show as a series regular is pretty much more famous than most people on Broadway. That's not a wild boast.

But to quote that bit, without including the reason why he had to post that "...but I'm not entitled to their roles if I ask to play them." seems to remove his context for saying it regarding the Mandy situation.

hmph Profile Photo
hmph
#161Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 9:42am

I really wish I could have been a fly on a wall in the Ghost Quartet dress rehearsal/Great Comet reunion. For their reactions to this continued nonsense, of course, and just because I really like this cast.

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#162Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 9:46am

haterobics said: "Dave28282 said: "Everybody who focused on race in this case was unprofessional. That includes Oak, Cynthia, Rafael and yes, Mandy."

Mandy seems to be a stretch.
"

But he consented to the whole fable. By doing so he gave off a message that it could be true. Which was unprofessional.

Updated On: 10/5/17 at 09:46 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#163Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 9:57am

Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#164Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 10:08am

adamgreer said: "I want Speed/Casal (notice he hasn't denied that assertion yet) to come on here and defend the fact that Oak showed up to rehearsals unprepared, so much so that his debut had to be pushed back a whole week. Inexcusable, given that he had 5 whole months to prepare."

The really astonishing part of it is his publicly blaming the production for not being "ready for Oak."

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#165Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 10:13am

One tv show hardly makes one "famous".    His IMDB list is pretty short, and unimpressive.   I have never heard is name, never watched the one show.  Even looking at his pix, I've never seen him before.  He could walk through Manhattan (and likely LA) with very few people noticing him.  There aren't very many actors that just get to play whatever roles they "ask for".

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Alex Kulak2
#166Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 10:43am

Alternate Title: When being the 10th most important character in Hamilton doesn't make you as famous as you want to be

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#167Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 11:01am

Dave28282 said: "But he consented to the whole fable. By doing so he gave off a message that it could be true. Which was unprofessional."

Seems like a stretch. He was going into a show for a few weeks, and his casting because the source of controversy, supposedly unbeknownst to him, so he bailed rather than become a part of it.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#168Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 11:03am

Bit late, but bear88, I'd just like to publicly thank you for your very well thought out and even-keeled post a couple pages back. 

Also, I think it says a lot that his Hamilton castmates have been virtually silent throughout this whole debacle. 

Mediamaven2
#169Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 11:06am

Speed said: "And I love that you called Oak's role in Hamilton a SMALL supporting role. You couldn't give him respect by simply calling it a supporting role. The racism is very obvious."

Oh my goodness. I haven't had TIME to read through every single post here since I weighed in last night, but I just want to say that reasonable people can disagree  - the way I read "small" supporting role when I read the post is to distinguish his role in Ham from the many other supporting roles in Hamilton where the supporting role was much larger - i.e. The role of Angelica. The role of Jefferson/Lafayette.  Not as a dis. Just not some 'break out' steal the scene type thing that the other larger supporting actor roles had.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#170Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 11:07am

In the spirit of holding more than one idea at a time, which I believe most of the folks in this thread are doing, Oak is being ridiculous...but it's not worth engaging with Dave's usual attitude that any sensitivity to race is wrong. Plenty of explicitly racist sentiments from that one in the past. 

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#171Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 11:09am

perfectlymarvelous said: "Bit late, but bear88, I'd just like to publicly thank you for your very well thought out and even-keeled post a couple pages back.

Also, I think it says a lot that his Hamilton castmates have been virtually silent throughout this whole debacle.
"

Agreed. I've always found it interesting that LMM didn't weigh in either. But I'm glad he hasn't.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

schubox
#172Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 11:12am

I don’t even know if Speed will show back up, but if he does it would be best to just ignore him. He’s trolling pretty hard and getting what he wants 

hmph Profile Photo
hmph
#173Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 11:18am

Scarywarhol said: "In the spirit of holding more than one idea at a time, which I believe most of the folks in this thread are doing, Oak is being ridiculous...but it's not worth engaging with Dave's usual attitude that any sensitivity to race is wrong. Plenty of explicitly racist sentiments from that one in the past."

That’s pretty much where I am. Oak’s comments are seemingly by no means helpful, truthful, or incisive. But any discussion with that poster just goes in the same increasingly awful, awkward, inane circles. Best to just ignore. 

PaulWom
#174Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/5/17 at 11:47am

Brad Giovanine, roving musician/ensemble, brings the shade https://twitter.com/BradGiovanine/status/91585063887717580

Updated On: 10/5/17 at 11:47 AM

Videos