RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#200re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 10:29pm

I'm kind of curious as to how valid the assumption is that attention is being paid to the ratings of the movies the trailer's being put in front of. Interesting theory, anyway. I still haven't figured the link between RENT and Mad, Hot Ballroom, other than that the latter is about dancing, and the former is a musical.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

RaininSmilies
#201re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 10:30pm

Definitely! Anything for Rent. I was hoping to just go get a ticket and hope that they just assumed that I was older.

ReNtHeAd04
#202re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 10:31pm

well at this point. if i unwillingly sat through from justin to kelly, i'm sure i can sit through anything for RENT! re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

"maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away" -sex and the city

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#203re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 10:37pm

what the hell? I'd pay six bucks to walk in, watch the preview and walk out. I don't care what movie it is. provided, I know *for sure* I'll see the preview...

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#204re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 10:37pm

I know that a trailer for an "R" rated movie would NOT be shown in front of a PG or G movie... I think its an MPAA rule. But since "Rent" has not been rated yet I don't know how that works. The MPAA rates trailers as well, so I would think something like "Rent" wouldn't be in front of a PG movie. Trailers for "R" rated movies only show up on PG-13 and higher.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

JenD512
#205re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 10:45pm

They definitely won't show it in front of 'Madagascar,' but it's possibly you'll see it in front of something like 'Star Wars' because tons of people are seeing it (#1 again this weekend, thank you very much). But I do admit it's an unusual genre to be sticking a musical trailer in front of.

And in defense of Star Wars fans...because I'm original SW fan (and an original Rent fan), in regards to the booing...keep in mind this 4-month wait that's killing you for the 'Rent' movie: we waited 22 YEARS for 'Revenge of the Sith'. They could probably show a real clip of world peace being declared and the booing would have happened.

The trailer will probably be online this week, so don't go crazy trying to find a movie theater.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#206re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 10:50pm

**sigh**.... I hate Ohio.

"I could shove an ice pick in my eye
I could eat some fish from last July
But it wouldn't be as awful as a summer in Ohio"... with no Rent trailer. grrrr.....

**sigh**

-best12bars

-skibumb5290

kitkatt456 Profile Photo
kitkatt456
#207re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 11:04pm

AHH I was hoping the trailer would be online by the time I got home from work! I cannot wait to see it. I am so pumped.

elimeyer Profile Photo
elimeyer
#208re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/30/05 at 11:23pm

Just saw the Rent Trailer at the Loewes in Union Sq NYC
OMG OMG OMG OMG.. it is the (almost?) entire song "Seasons of Love" with tons of movie scenes....
I read this post last nite, and then TOTALLY forgot about it.
Coincidence got me into Star Wars tonite and WOW... I THINK I saw the movie....lol
Still humming... "Seasons of Love...."

-elli- Visit me @ http://www.thekingofbroadway.com "They say that life is 'Tit for Tat' and thats the way I live, so I deserve a lot of 'TAT' for what I've got to give!!!"

IdreamofRENT
#209re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 12:09am

someone from imdb went to see Star Wars again today and taped the RENT trailer and he sent it to me so if anyone wants it you can IM me on AIM: iNoWatStreetImOn its absolutely amazing, even ask steven re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
talk to you all soon!!!!

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#210re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 12:38am

IdreamofRENT is a saint!!!

The trailer looks gorgeous. I'm crying right now.

God bless you Chris Columbus!

-best12bars

-skibumb5290

FosseBoi
#211re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 12:40am

IdreamofRENT needs to read her PMs!!!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#212re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 12:55am

BEKA531, where can you see a movie for $9.50?? We're paying $10.75 here in the city!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

kitkatgirl54 Profile Photo
kitkatgirl54
#213re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:08am

so it's come to this. i'm staying up for an extra hour trying to download a bootleg copy of a TRAILER.

yessss. i am so cool.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#214re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:10am

BEKA531, where can you see a movie for $9.50?? We're paying $10.75 here in the city!

::sings::
Our tickets are six dollars~
Nanananabooboo~

This is my signature.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#215re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:11am

Aigoo..for me $6 matinee..$7 normally..

(acts like an old person...) I remember when a night movie was $4! and gas was a $1.15 when I started driving! lol

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#216re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:12am

All hail IdreamofRENT. You are now everyones favorite poster. re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

FosseBoi
#217re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:14am

NOT EVERYONES! I dont HAVE AIM, so I need it emailed!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#218re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:20am

Okay, I officially love you.

Elizadoolittle6
#219re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:24am

will someone e'mail me the trailer

mollyllom Profile Photo
mollyllom
#220re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:30am

hurray! thank you!

http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=13865158 please =D

FosseBoi
#221re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:31am

Never mined! Now if it'll just LOAD, I'll be great!

Depaultheatrekid Profile Photo
Depaultheatrekid
#222re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:44am

OMGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was sooo good............tracy sounds amazing......and so does Jesse and the entire ensemble. MAn I cant wait that was awesome

courtneyanne Profile Photo
courtneyanne
#223re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:48am

YIKES. Guyssss, where can I seeee it??! re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!! re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!

kitkatgirl54 Profile Photo
kitkatgirl54
#224re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:48am

well, after viewing ...

i feel like it's an ad for something? they show the cemetary, and as soon as they did i was like "let's show some drug deals! let's show some shooting up!!" ... although i did get chills when they first sang 'measure in love' and got all warm and fuzzy when they hugged - so there's a hidden sap within me somewhere.

but Pinguin earlier said that they boo'ed during her showing ... if i had no idea what rent was, and saw this trailer .. i think i'd think it was some sort of romantic comedy ... what would you guys think?

Videos