pixeltracker

The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread- Page 5

The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#100re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:37pm

Yeah, I could not imagine a 33 year old Aaron Lazar sleeping with Joanna.

husk_charmer
#101re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:38pm

To each their own. I don't find her plain at all.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#102re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/22/09 at 11:42pm

I don't think Joanna is plain, but I don't think she's right for the part. I agree that she would've made a better Charlotte.

I've never seen Rachel York in anything, but physically she looks good to me. I'd love to see Marin because I think she's sensual and would be wonderful at the comedy in the show.

also, in the spirit of posting old pictures, another Glynis Johns:
re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#103re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/23/09 at 1:06am

Hunter Ryan Herdlicka's rumor is true. I am facebook friends with him (friend of a friend) and someone congratulated him about 2 weeks ago on Night Music...

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#104re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/23/09 at 1:20am

I think the no "name" Broadway actress that everyone mentioned on the other NIGHT MUSIC thread is a brilliant Broadway performer and I would love for her to have the chance to play it. Guess we will see.
I also heard that Jenny Powers is not set in stone. But all these NIGHT MUSIC threads are all about people hearing things from other people, so I'll just stay put and wait for an announcement before getting excited/sad about casting.
Bernadette Peters is simply too old for Desiree at this point, especially for this production. Donna Murphy is not interested in revivals. And Husk, you know I usually agree with you, but I don't think Gleason would make for a great Desiree. There's a reason she played the peasant in INTO THE WOODS, I don't think she has the ethereal quality that's right for the part. Murphy would have been ideal though, I wonder if she was even approached.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#105re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/23/09 at 1:31am

Just caught up with this thread now...
1) YAY for Leigh Ann! I cannot wait to see her in the role.
2) Whoa... Joanna Gleason will be sixty? Holy crap, I never would've thought. I saw her in Happiness and she looks amazing.
3) Ugh, I'm still dying to know who will be Desiree.

An announcement can't come soon enough.

LoveIsCompany
#106re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/23/09 at 2:18am

There are a few reasons for the delays, one of which is the Des casting, and the other is with 100% nailing down Angela. Feel free to message me for details on the latter, of which I know a few. As I said before, if Waddingham isn't allowed to hop the pond, then it'll be Marin Mazzie, which I believe to be inspired casting.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#107re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/23/09 at 2:32am

Marin Mazzie shouldn't be their second choice, she should have been offered the part already. I think she has the potential to turn in one of the best performances of the season were she allowed to play the role.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

LoveIsCompany
#108re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/23/09 at 3:08am

Oh I 100% agree with that sentiment ray, I think she'd be fantastic. I just know that Waddingham was Nunn's first choice, and if the producers/unions weren't able to get her logistically, that they were going with Mazzie next. I really, really hope that this comes to reality.

Brick
#109re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/23/09 at 4:12am

Mazzie isn't always a favorite of mine, but much more in the right direction.

Maybe she'll finally get her Tony....

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#110re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/23/09 at 11:21am

Joanna Gleason is 60??? F**k, I HATE feeling old. re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#111re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/23/09 at 2:46pm

Aaron Lazar is 33? I actually thought younger!

moljul Profile Photo
moljul
#112re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/23/09 at 4:36pm

"The last I heard was that a theatre name is being courted. My money is on Bernadette, she's said she has a big Broadway project coming in the fall, and outside of a play (which isn't her style), or a concert (which I wouldn't call big), unless she's going to be Roxie in Chicago, this is it. "

Actually Bernadette didn't say she has something big coming to Broadway this fall. The interviewer asked if she would be doing anything on Broadway soon and Bernadette response was something like "Well I don't know, but there is something fun this fall." It was clearly an afterthought to the Broadway question. She never said big or Broadway. And she has for many years been saying she wants to do a play so I think it would "be her style".

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#113re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/23/09 at 5:15pm

Stop getting my hopes up for Ms. Mazzie finally winning a Tony!

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#114re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/24/09 at 6:14pm

Bump because yet another week has come and gone without any announcement....

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#115re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/24/09 at 6:16pm

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#116re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/24/09 at 7:34pm

*insert Final Jeopardy music here*

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#117re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/24/09 at 7:36pm

Anyone think that if 9 to 5 announces a fall closing, we might see Marc Kudisch as Carl-Magnus?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#118re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/24/09 at 7:42pm

Kudisch is too old for Carl-Magnus (this production at least). Plus the role has been cast.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#119re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/25/09 at 12:00am

I wish. He was so good in the reading. The guy in London, who's name I can't even remember, got none of the comedy.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#120re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/25/09 at 12:13am

um..not true, at all.

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#121re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/25/09 at 12:14am

"none" isn't fair, but after seeing Kudisch, I was massively underwhelmed.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#122re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/25/09 at 12:18am

The London Carl-Magnus cannot sing the part. I do not know about his comedic skills though.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#123re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/25/09 at 12:42am

I know Kudisch is too old for this production, but I know he's played the role several times, and I'd really love to see him in it. maybe another production.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#124re: The NEW Night Music at The Kerr Thread
Posted: 7/25/09 at 2:26am

So question has anyone else heard about Howard McGillian being in this production? Someone said/speculated it was the reason he left Phantom.

Genius lasts longer than beauty.