pixeltracker

Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?- Page 2

Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#25re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:16pm

Idina Menzel, Kelli O'Hara, Kristin Chenoweth, Orfeh.

kchenofan Profile Photo
kchenofan
#26re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:31pm

I'll get out my time machine and say Madeline Kahn. Or Barbara Cook.

kchenofan's computer is broken right now. This is her fridge. Now, you can leave a message, but say it slowly, so I can write it on a post-it note and stick it to myself.

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#27re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:56pm

I didn't even think about putting the opposite gender, solely because a male voice coming out of my body would be terrifying and disconcerting... but if I were to choose a male singer, I'm DEFINITELY going with Norm Lewis.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#28re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 4:41pm

Norbert Leo Butz for me...

streetlightpeople Profile Photo
streetlightpeople
#29re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 4:52pm

Celia Keenan-Bolger.
If I were male, Michael Ball.

kchenofan Profile Photo
kchenofan
#30re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 4:58pm

Male for me would be Marc Kudisch.

kchenofan's computer is broken right now. This is her fridge. Now, you can leave a message, but say it slowly, so I can write it on a post-it note and stick it to myself.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#31re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 6:29pm

Sara Ramirez

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

AwesomeDanny
#32re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 6:34pm

Raul Esparza or Aaron Tveit.

janice4
#33re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 7:30pm

Oh my, Rachel Stern, in Shrek, just blows me away. I wish I could sing like she does.

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#34re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 7:49pm

Lauren Bacall circa APPLAUSE.

P

SondheimianSofie Profile Photo
SondheimianSofie
#35re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 8:19pm

Definitely Audra's.

For guys...John Raitt's sounds pretty good. I wouldn't be too upset with Mandy Patinkin's either, though they're obviously very different.

AndAllThatJazz22
#36re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 10:00pm

This is so tough! I think it would be a three-way tie between Norbert Leo Butz, Gavin Creel, and Raul Esparza. All of them have very pleasant tones to their voices and they use SO MUCH DAMN BEAUTIFUL VIBRATO re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like? re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like? re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like? re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like? re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like? re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like? re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#37re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 10:03pm

RAUL ESPARZA!

goodoneinlou2
#38re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 10:25pm

I guess I am kind of unique as I don't wish to sound like any one person all of the time. Meaning, I have a few songs that I wish I could sing the way certain performers do...

There's an actor that played Jean Valjean for years in the touring/Broadway Company of Les Mis... Randal Keith. His "Bring him home" was one of the most amazing vocal performances I've ever seen on stage. Put Colm to shame actually.

I also often dreamed I could sing "Those Magic Changes" the way Sam Harris did in the 1994 revival of Grease. I know, most folks LOATHE Grease... but that song is by far the gem of that show. His reprise and octave jump at the end stopped the show. The cast recording captured the vocal riff quite well. It's worth buying the cd just to hear that song... but then there's Rosie's HORRENDOUS turn as Rizzo... so I guess it all evens out. re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?

Oh, and there's hardly a Broadway fan in existence that didn't, at least for a little while, wish he/she could sing "And I am telling you..." like Jennifer Holiday. C'mon... you all know you've wanted to be Effie just for a night. LOL!

CyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
#39re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 10:47pm

Drew Sarich!

bwaylvsong
#40re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 11:10pm

A mix of Raul and Stokes! And I wish I could hit the notes that Sam Harris and Titus Burgess do!

bwaylvsong
#41re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 11:10pm

A mix of Raul and Stokes! And I wish I could hit the notes that Sam Harris and Titus Burgess do!

AndAllThatJazz22
#42re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 11:14pm

^ Oh my god. That would be vibrato heaven.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#43re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/15/09 at 11:19pm

My first thought before I opened this thread was Audra McDonald. Second would probably be Andrea Burns.

for the guys...a mix of the Brians (Stokes Mitchell/d'Arcy James)

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#44re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/16/09 at 4:20pm

"Oh, and there's hardly a Broadway fan in existence that didn't, at least for a little while, wish he/she could sing "And I am telling you..." like Jennifer Holiday. C'mon... you all know you've wanted to be Effie just for a night. LOL!"

Hells yes. I frequently have to fight the urge to belt "Looooove me" at people in regular conversation. lol

I still don't understand why Jennifer didn't have more success on Broadway post-Dreamgirls. Her Tony performance is probably my favorite of all time.

Select a Member Name Profile Photo
Select a Member Name
#45re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/16/09 at 11:56pm

Kelli O'Hara, of course!

"You have two kinds of shows on Broadway – revivals and the same kind of musicals over and over again, all spectacles. You get your tickets for The Lion King a year in advance, and essentially a family... pass on to their children the idea that that's what the theater is – a spectacular musical you see once a year, a stage version of a movie. It has nothing to do with theater at all. It has to do with seeing what is familiar.... I don't think the theatre will die per se, but it's never going to be what it was.... It's a tourist attraction." Stephen Sondheim

RachelO Profile Photo
RachelO
#46re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/17/09 at 12:14pm

Julie Andrews, without a doubt.

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#47re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/17/09 at 12:26pm

The amazing Gavin Creel. <3

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

FeelingElectric2 Profile Photo
FeelingElectric2
#48re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/17/09 at 12:49pm

Female: Kelli O'Hara
Male: Aaron Tveit

And if I'm going to sound like them, I wouldn't mind looking like them too :p

Annas_Priest Profile Photo
Annas_Priest
#49re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
Posted: 10/17/09 at 12:51pm

Drew Sarich and Adam Lambert