pixeltracker

Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!

Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 3:30pm

I went to the box office again to see if they'd changed their ridiculous student rush policy and was told they had not. Let me say that being told I am not a "real" student because I'm 31 and studying at one of the most famous acting studios in the world, don't really make me too happy.

Their policy is $41.50, 1 ticket per ID in the back of the orchestra and with a valid student ID from an "accredited university". And according to the box office that means that unless you go to a 4 year university, you ain't gettin' in.

Hey Producers, how's that 50% capacity you're pulling in feel? Want to turn away any other people willing to put down money for your show?

I feel so sorry for this cast who posts on facebook regularly begging people to come see it and how empty the theatre is.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 3:35pm

Aw but now that you've asked so sweetly, how could they resist?

Jordan Catalano
#3re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 3:37pm

Nobody can resist my sweet face, Joe.

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#4re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 3:38pm

I really don't think it's appropriate for someone over 25 or 30 to ask for student rush, student or not. Just an observation!

P

P.S. I still love you JC but you're... too thrifty for your own good!

Jordan Catalano
#5re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 3:38pm

Why shouldn't I ask for rush if I'm a student?

Insider2 Profile Photo
Insider2
#6re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 3:41pm

Don't be ageist. There is no age limit on a student. There are 80 year old students. And unless a student discount policy specifically has an age limit, one should qualify.

But as for this tired piece of hackwork that is pretending to be a show, I wouldn't be all too upset at not getting in. It's a real piece of garbage.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#7re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 3:43pm

^ Exactly. The age limit for the New York City Ballet is 29. I saw it on their website. Unfortunately, they don't offer it this time of year.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#8re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 3:45pm

But it's not the age that was the issue, it was that you're not attending a university, right?

I think shows should just do regular rushes and get rid of student rushes all together.
Updated On: 12/7/09 at 03:45 PM

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#9re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 3:46pm

Hey, I just said it is slightly uncouth to ask for a student DISCOUNT at 31, not to be a STUDENT at that age. I think THAT part is wonderful.

No one is being ageist, but some are certainly jumping to conclusions!

P

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#10re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 3:46pm

Two words: Anger management.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#11re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 3:49pm

They're doing you a favor.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#12re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 4:22pm

Jordan, not to split hairs, but it sounds like they don't give rush to people in training programs, only those in colleges and universities. I'm not saying its fair, but they have to have a cut-off somewhere. When I was in massage school, I was not extended any student discounts or rates because it was considered a training program even though I was a fulltime student. I'm sorry for you, but I understand the need for the cut-off. Otherwise, someone in nail school would be looking for discounts.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

MusicSnob1 Profile Photo
MusicSnob1
#13re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 4:38pm

This is COMPLETELY reasonable.

Their policy insists that those students who attend 4 year schools are eligible. You go to a studio - you do not attend an accredited 4 year University/College.

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about this?

When I think about you, I touch myself.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#14re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 4:39pm

Betty--let's enroll and get those student-rush tickets!

http://www.iahd.net/programs/nailTechnician.asp

#15re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 4:39pm

If my name badge from Arroyo School of Cosmetology doesn't qualify me for a Student Rush ticket, well then, they can just KISS MY $&% too!!!

MusicSnob1 Profile Photo
MusicSnob1
#16re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 4:41pm

What is Jordan even complaining about?

Their policy is perfectly clear and makes sense... What's with all of the ranting, b!tching, and moaning?

bandit964 Profile Photo
bandit964
#17re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 4:41pm

Isn't the reason they give discounts to students to help offset costs because most of them are paying tens of thousands of dollars every year and maybe don't have time for a job of their own. Well even if you are 31 and in school, I assume you're still paying quite a penny for it. Why shouldn't they give you a break. I'm not sure how much your training program costs, or your financial history, but if you gave them a valid ID, why not give a discount. It shouldn't have anything to do with age.

AND, on Friday night, they told me that they don't do student rush, only their discount codes.
Updated On: 12/7/09 at 04:41 PM

MusicSnob1 Profile Photo
MusicSnob1
#18re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 4:43pm

BECAUSE THEIR POLICY STATES THAT YOU MUST BE IN A FOUR-YEAR COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY.

G'Damn, I feel like I have to use the CAPS to make people understand that. Wake up...smell my coffee baby...

binau Profile Photo
binau
#19re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 4:47pm

Do they have a list of universities or something? [I don't mean White Christmas specifically, which close anyway] I mean, I am probably heading to NY next April....I am doing a 4 year degree at an Australian University....but can I still get student tickets?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#20re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 4:51pm

See, I'd be more annoyed about being asked to pay $41.50 for a student rush ticket than the fact I wasn't eligible for it.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

tourboi
#21re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 4:53pm

"Hey Producers, how's that 50% capacity you're pulling in feel?"

Considering last week they did 76% and grossed over 1 Mil, I'm sure they are quite content.

bwaylvsong
#22re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 4:56pm

I have to agree with Snob on this one.
Qolbinau, I think you'll be fine.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#23re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
Posted: 12/7/09 at 5:14pm

I agree with Phyl that student rushes are stupid. There should just be a general rush.

The only rush that should be limited to students are fraternity rushes.

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 12/7/09 at 05:14 PM

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112

Videos