So for the people standing they are seeing "A View from the mezz"
Or if seated in the Balcony
"A View of the Bridge from the Balcony"
lol

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#26re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 12/30/09 at 11:33am

I love the Cort too. I saw Barefoot in the Park with Amanda Peet there. Even the balcony seats are nice.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

tking001
#27re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 12/30/09 at 11:35am

You could have been
Barefoot in the theatre

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#28re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 12/30/09 at 1:44pm

Anyone try it today?

April Saul
#29re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 12/31/09 at 1:21am

bump...do tell, people, I'm thinking about trying it Monday night!

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#30re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 1/26/10 at 6:11pm

Can anyone report on how rush is post opening?

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#31re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 1/26/10 at 6:31pm

I'm curious to know as well. The Cort has the best mezzanine on Broadway, though - the view is excellent. The balcony does scare me a little bit.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

aliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
#32re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 1/27/10 at 12:04am

I went today. Got to the theater around 9:30 and there were about 13-15 people in front of me. I'm pretty positive a few people got rush (don't know where) but they sold out of them 3 people in front of me. I got standing room though. Back of the mezz. The only thing about the first few numbers (my friend and I were 1 and 2) in standing room is that the last row in front of you is pretty high so we were trying to see between people's heads.

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#33re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 1/27/10 at 11:46pm

Any other experiences post-opening? Was hoping to try this weekend but was also hoping not to have to get there before the BO opened :-P.

Thanks.

April Saul
#34re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 1/28/10 at 12:00am

I rushed early on, when they were generous and gave out the entire first and second rows for $26.50. Even then, you needed to get to the box office at least an hour before it opened to be sure. Since they qualify the rush policy with a "when available" if I'm not mistaken, I'd figure at this point, you have the rave reviews going against you, but at least you've still got the cold month of January in your favor. I'm thinking the sooner the better, and midweek perfs during crappy weather?

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#35re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 1/28/10 at 9:40am

Just as a sidenote, the standing room spots in the rear of the mezzanine have great sightlines, so if rush tickets are sold out, I would inquire about SRO as well.

opiv Profile Photo
opiv
#36re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 1/31/10 at 7:20pm

My friend and I rushed yesterday and got there around 7:30. We were second and third in line and ended up getting box seats. I didn't recognize anyone around us from the line, so I'm not sure where the other seats were. I'd recommend getting there by 8-8:30. It was a Saturday though, so you might be able to afford getting there a little later during the week.

"I feel god in this chili's..."

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#37re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 1/31/10 at 8:43pm

^How many people were at the box office by the time it opened at 10?

I am planning on rushing next weekend or the weekend after, but I am trying to decide whether a Sunday or Saturday would be better. Weekends are busier obviously, but I can't during the week. Saturday I would have to get there earlier, but there being two shows plays to my advantage. I'm not sure. Any other experiences from previous weekends?

TheaterLover2
#38re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 1/31/10 at 11:18pm

Did Rush on Friday morning - they had 10 seats between orch and boxes but only the first 2 people in line got seats that were together - the other 6 tickets were singles throughout the theater. I got standing room which was fine but SR spots number 1-8 completely suck - you can't see over the heads of the people in the last row of center mezz - Spot numbers from 9 on are so much better, a great view with no obstruction from the audience sitting in front of you. Get there early if you actually want seats - there were 45 people there by the time the BO opened at 10am

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#39re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 2/1/10 at 8:59am

FYI: Rushed Sunday, showed up 5 minutes before the BO opened and was probably between 30th and 40th in line. I'd say no more than 5-8 people got to the window before they were out of rush tickets. I asked people in line when they got there and they said 10AM, two hours before it opened on a 15*F day, and they got shut out. Standing room sold out a few people in front of me, so I guess that took about 25 people to find enough that were willing to stand.

I'll be waiting until late in the run before trying to see this and will hope that the interest will die down.

opiv Profile Photo
opiv
#40re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 2/1/10 at 3:34pm

Yeah, there looked to be a good 30-40 in the line by 10. The fact that it was 13 degrees outside certainly didn't discourage anybody.

"I feel god in this chili's..."

barbarafleischer
#41re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 2/2/10 at 4:07pm

DON'T BE FOOLED!

The "View from the Bridge" website says rush tickets are located in the front row of the orchestra. they're lying--the seats ARE NOT front row orchestra. I was third in line today, waited two and a half hours in the freezing cold expecting to be on the front row and the rush tickets were in the boxes. Bait and Switch!

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#42re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 2/2/10 at 5:06pm

Not really bait and switch. They used to be front row orchestra. Now they're box seats. They just didn't update the site.

April Saul
#43re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 2/2/10 at 11:01pm

Guys, a caveat of the rush policy was always "subject to availability." Early in the run, before the reviews came out, the rush was an AMAZING deal. In this economy, you can't really blame them for trying to make money.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#44re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 2/12/10 at 12:21pm

Anyone try today?

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#45re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 2/13/10 at 10:53am

I rushed today (Saturday, 2/13). I got there at 7:15am and was first in line (I think there were about 5 people behind me by 8am, and it was ridiculously crowded by 10am). I got two seats in the front row of the orchestra. The people behind me in line got seats in the boxes, though.

Kev Profile Photo
Kev
#46re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 2/15/10 at 12:56am

Update for this past Sunday (2.14) matinee performance: First person in line around 7:45, second joined about 8, the majority after 9, and the line was very long by the 12 Noon opening. Tickets started with Box Seats.

scripps Profile Photo
scripps
#47re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 2/17/10 at 11:42am

Got to the box office this morning at 8 AM and was third in line, scoring a pair of front row seats to today's matinee. It appears the evening rush started in the boxes; just a heads up that rush for this production isn't too ridiculous during the week right now.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#48re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 2/17/10 at 2:20pm

One consideration for those seeking rush tickets...though the price is fantastic, front row seats are not ideal as the end of stage set-up is quite high.

FanofMusicals
#49re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy
Posted: 2/26/10 at 11:07am

I see that they updated their website to say that starting 2/23/10 they will only offer SRO tickets during Rush but does anyone know if they ever offer exceptions?

Videos