pixeltracker

Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop

Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop

Brick
#2Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 5/10/10 at 1:13pm

That's great news! But damn, I hate going to LA...

rmusic11322
#2Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 5/10/10 at 3:00pm

Why doesn't he just return to the Broadway show or start working with other shows before he's forgotten and dare I say, start writing for Disney?

BrianS Profile Photo
BrianS
#3Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 5/10/10 at 5:23pm

How is returning to Broadway a better career move then getting the press and exposure of returning to the show in LaLa land to see if he can drum up some momentum for film/tv?

If the audience could do better, they'd be up here on stage and I'd be out there watching them. - Ethel Merman

rmusic11322
#4Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 5/10/10 at 5:34pm

^ Haha, that didn't come into my mind. Whoops.

PiraguaGuy2
#5Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 5/10/10 at 5:35pm

Something tells me he's not performing in the L.A. run to drum up a Hollywood career. His starring role in the big-budget, major motion picture adaptation of the show he also wrote should pretty much cover that. I'd hazard a guess he's performing in the show because it'll be fun I guess? And a fun way to help out the show a bit? Or if you wanna get cynical, maybe the people putting their money behind the movie want to see him in the role to ease their nervousness about casting a non-star.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#6Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 5/10/10 at 8:12pm

This is great news!! Can't wait :)

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#7Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 5/10/10 at 8:15pm

Why doesn't he just return to the Broadway show or start working with other shows before he's forgotten and dare I say, start writing for Disney?

Hmm... do nothing until August when the movie starts filming or have some fun, make some money, do auditions for the movie & then film the movie? Seems like a no brainer...
Updated On: 5/10/10 at 08:15 PM

peerrjb
#8Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 5/10/10 at 10:37pm

...besides.... I think he's already proven he's "camera-ready" after his really interesting and delightful appearance in the 2-hour season-opener of "House".

And, as I just learned, he's reappearing in the show tonight (Monday, 5/10).
Updated On: 5/10/10 at 10:37 PM

TheatreFan4
#9Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 5/10/10 at 10:41pm

^ He was also on tonight's episode.

jacobson Profile Photo
jacobson
#10Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 5/11/10 at 8:54am

What do they do with Kyle for the LA run? Do they pay him to take time off, keep him in the show for something else? Is it a slap in the face to the guy who has been performing the part around the country? Honestly asking what they do with him? Thanks

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#11Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 5/11/10 at 9:05am

I would imagine he becomes a paid standby. I'm not sure he'd consider it a slap in the face- between his compositional credits and the upcoming movie, this is still very much Lin-Manuel's show. Richard O'Brien commonly does the same thing with Rocky HOrror, stepping into productions out of nowhere.

lightguy06222
#12Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 5/11/10 at 3:28pm

Why is this surprising to people? BroadwayLA is a producing team that knows how to get butts in the seats. For almost every tour that goes through the pantages, the producers bring back a "big name star" in order to sell the show better.

Miranda for HEIGHTS
Michele Williams for CHICAGO (and she was never on the tour)
FANTASIA for COLOR PURPLE (she was brought back for only the LA tour stop in Feb 2010)

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#13Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 5/11/10 at 9:38pm

Can't wait to see him again!

They did it for "Hairspray" tour a few years back with Morrison and Winokur.

TheatreFan4
#14Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 5/11/10 at 9:44pm

FANTASIA for COLOR PURPLE (she was brought back for only the LA tour stop in Feb 2010)

She was brought back for 2 more stops. Washington DC & somewhere else that I forgot.

jessica0414 Profile Photo
jessica0414
#15Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 5/12/10 at 2:07am

UGH this is what I hate about living in the midwest! Things happen on the East coast, and it's too far away to get there in a cheap and timely manner. Things happen on the West coast, and it's also too far away to get there in a cheap and timely manner. I cannot wait until I have a source of income that is not the federal government....I would totally hop on a plane to see Lin-Manuel Miranda if I weren't so broke! lol

"You don't just stop posting horse s*** on the web!"-The [Title of Show] Show

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#16Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 5/12/10 at 5:05pm

"They did it for "Hairspray" tour a few years back with Morrison and Winokur."

AND IT WAS TOTALLY AMAZING!!! (esp w/ Bruce Villanch as Edna).

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#17Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 6/22/10 at 2:43pm

First show tonight! :)

Anyone else planning on trying the student rush? We're going to go sometime this week and would love to hear how early people are getting there and if it's crowded or not.

Wildcard
#18Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 6/22/10 at 5:06pm

Just found out I'm going to opening night!

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#19Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 6/22/10 at 5:14pm

Congrats! I was going to post that I just won a contest so I will be there Thursday!! :)

MusicAngel Profile Photo
MusicAngel
#20Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 6/23/10 at 12:28am

Let us know about tonight's show. I'll be there tomorrow! I didn't think I would ever see Lin-Manuel again after seeing him 2x in NY with the original cast. It will be interesting to see him once again in lala land and surrounded by a whole new cast!

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#21Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 6/23/10 at 1:51am

Ahhh, Lin Manuel Miranda. He's like...the Phantom of the Latino's

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

eatlasagna
#22Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 6/23/10 at 2:16am

i just got my ticket to see him Sunday night!!!! i'm excited... sitting in the center orchestra 11 rows from the stage!! woo hoo!

i think i might make it theater day and see South Pacific at the Ahmanson at 1pm... we shall see

olitwist2
#23Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 6/24/10 at 6:30pm

I'm seeing it on Saturday! So excited! I'll tell you guys what I think!

Wildcard
#24Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
Posted: 6/24/10 at 6:49pm

I thought the show was in great in shape. The cast is terrific and the energy and timing were spot on. Lin was a joy to watch in the role. He had great enthusiasm but had enunciation issues that became hard to understand. I ran into him at Katsuya prior to the show and he looked ready to show Hollywood what he's got.

Videos