#1Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/1/10 at 10:52pm

Chicago's new Times Square billboard!

I love it.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#2Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/1/10 at 10:55pm

Oh Charlotte, lol. But I do really like the shot.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#2Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/1/10 at 10:55pm

MEH. but i do love your profile picture.

ghostlight2
#3Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/1/10 at 10:56pm

Love Ms d'Amboise, and no complaints, but why her? She isn't in the show anymore.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#4Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/1/10 at 10:58pm

Charlotte never leaves Chicago for good.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#5Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/1/10 at 10:58pm

Love Ms d'Amboise, and no complaints, but why her? She isn't in the show anymore.

Have you ever seen their posters. They RARELY feature who is currently in the show.

MEH. but i do love your profile picture.

Thanks.

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#6Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/1/10 at 10:59pm

I'm not sure why they have the NY skyline for Chicago.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#7Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/1/10 at 10:59pm

Besides, she'll be back in a a few weeks. Just wait for it. Lol.

ghostlight2
#8Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/1/10 at 11:06pm

'Have you ever seen their posters. They RARELY feature who is currently in the show."

Yes, since I work in Times Square, I see them all the time. They either feature people who haven't been in the show for a long, long time, or people from casts in other countries, or people who are currently in the show. Charlotte does not fall into any of those categories.

Which is why I asked.

Updated On: 6/1/10 at 11:06 PM

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#9Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/1/10 at 11:40pm

I love Charlotte, but not this billboard.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#10Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/1/10 at 11:55pm

I love Charlotte and I love this billboard. And I'm happy it's Charlotte. To me, Charlotte is Chicago's VIP - she's had to have been Roxie longer than anyone else in this revival, usually stepping in during the breaks between the stunt Roxies for years on end. And I miss her now that's been gone for awhile.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#11Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/2/10 at 12:08am

Is D'Amboise really returning to Chicago on Broadway. She was out when I saw the show during one of her runs. I've heard her Roxie is one of the best.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#12Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/2/10 at 12:10am

I'd like it best if it were just Charlotte D'Amboise with something besides the Statue of Liberty.

And her Roxie really is fabulous.

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#13Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/2/10 at 12:16am

Oh I have no idea Mildred. I was just goofing. I am in the minority of people who hated her Roxie. Other than Me and My Baby, I was underwhelmed.

tim10086 Profile Photo
tim10086
#14Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/2/10 at 3:07am

Isn't that Ute Lemper sitting on top of the Ambassador?

I will climb back up that mountain!

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#15Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/2/10 at 10:32am

Just wondering.....

Am I the only one that hates not the front of the Palace is so covered with other show's posters?

Yes I know billboards bring in the $$$ for somebody, but every since during Aida's run when they cut the Palace's billboard in half it has bothered me. The whole facade just seems so confusing looking. Personally I would love that more of the "Palace Theatre" be somehow shows up (yes there is nothing behind those billboards) but they could build something like how the old Paramound theatre has that nice brockwork above the doors, just to make it stand out amongst all the adds.

Just a ramble.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

Fosse76
#16Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/2/10 at 11:23am

"Yes, since I work in Times Square, I see them all the time. They either feature people who haven't been in the show for a long, long time, or people from casts in other countries, or people who are currently in the show. Charlotte does not fall into any of those categories."

What the Hell are you talking about? She meets your first category.

Brick
#17Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/2/10 at 12:29pm

It's simply making a visual comparison fro CHICAGO as a NY landmark for tourists, like the Statue of Liberty.

ghostlight2
#18Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/2/10 at 4:33pm

"What the Hell are you talking about? She meets your first category."

I guess it depends on your definition of what a "long, long time" means, Fosse. Ms d"Amboise was in Chicago at this time last year. To me, that is not a long, long time ago, as opposed to, say, the afore-mentioned Ute Lemper, or Mamie Duncan-Gibbs, neither of whom have been in the show for more than a decade, but who are frequently seen in ads.

kc2 Profile Photo
kc2
#19Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/2/10 at 4:56pm

Eh, I dont like it. Looks kind of amateur to me, like someone playing with photoshop at home.

I found it weird seeing Denise van Outen on Chicago billboards recently.

FosseBoi
#20Chicago's new Times Square billboard!
Posted: 6/2/10 at 5:11pm

This probably doesn't make any sense but I LOVE it though I feel like I shouldn't. There's something about it...maybe, like what theatrekid said, if it wasn't the Statue of Liberty. Regardless I love Charlotte and I'm really happy to see her up there!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line