CARRIE revival back on??

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#1CARRIE revival back on??
Posted: 6/9/10 at 6:37pm

http://talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat/d.php?id=1866310

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. Menzel and Michele?

AEA AGMA SM
#2CARRIE revival back on??
Posted: 6/9/10 at 6:54pm

Highly unlikely, especially with that pair. No point in opening a revival of a legendary flop with a "star" who won't be able to stay with it for very long, unless Lea Michele is going to leave Glee, which is just as unlikely.

chinto1984
#2CARRIE revival back on??
Posted: 6/9/10 at 8:12pm

wouldn't want idina as the mom

Yankeefan007
#3CARRIE revival back on??
Posted: 6/9/10 at 8:13pm

Too Jewish.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#4CARRIE revival back on??
Posted: 6/9/10 at 8:21pm

It would take on a new meaning if Margaret was now a Jew for Jesus.

Disneyland Magic Man
#5CARRIE revival back on??
Posted: 6/9/10 at 8:33pm

Jews For Jesus.

Carrie the Musical.

I can see the posters now. Wow....

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#6CARRIE revival back on??
Posted: 6/9/10 at 9:13pm

Not in our lifetimes, folks.

Besides, isn't CARRIE something that lives with more richness in our imaginations and memories? Leave that poor White girl alone! Hasn't she had enough??

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Brick
#7CARRIE revival back on??
Posted: 6/9/10 at 9:15pm

DO you really think Lea's handlers would let her go to an Off-Broadway musical? Not to mention, she kind of has tv show to do.

Disneyland Magic Man
#8CARRIE revival back on??
Posted: 6/13/10 at 4:28am

Found this interested. Read this article from June 8th. Read Stafford's bio.

He lists Carrie the Musical as "in development". Doesn't sound like "dead in the water" to me.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/The_Davenport_Developmental_Reading_Series_Announces_HEARTLAND_614_20100608

Also, interview with Pitchford from January of this year. Says he's writing a new Broadway musical called "Carrie". Near the bottom of the page.

https://www.exploreli.com/kids/kidsday-interviews-author-dean-pitchford-1.1687873 Updated On: 6/13/10 at 04:28 AM

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#9CARRIE revival back on??
Posted: 6/13/10 at 6:10am

I think that, one day, it will and must happen. Inevitable as death.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#10CARRIE revival back on??
Posted: 6/13/10 at 6:21am

Idina may be all wrong for the role, but I'd love to hear her sing some of the music.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#11CARRIE revival back on??
Posted: 6/13/10 at 6:57am

"in developement" doesn't always mean ACTIVE....or that anyone else thinks so.

But with them? It's wrong and it's highly unlikely.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Disneyland Magic Man
#12CARRIE revival back on??
Posted: 6/13/10 at 4:53pm

I realize that "in development" doesn't always mean active, but that article was from last week.

The original producers pulled out last year. If the authors really got upset cut the cord, I doubt Arima would be listing it in his bio.

With something like Carrie being notorious for it's "never going to happen again because the authors don't want to let anyone touch it" standpoint, if the project were really "dead", Stafford would be far away from being "in development" on it.

I doubt Idina and Lea were/are/ever considered for the roles, but I bet we'll see SOMETHING from the show, be it a concert, a regional production, a workshop, or a revival in the near future.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#13CARRIE revival back on??
Posted: 6/13/10 at 4:57pm

Based on what I heard from people who attended the reading, Marin was incredible as Mrs White and that everyone involved was very impressed by her. The only reason I can imagine replacing her would be if they wanted to go with more of a name.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

myshikobit Profile Photo
myshikobit
#14CARRIE revival back on??
Posted: 6/13/10 at 4:58pm

Hehe, oh, you folks are such teases. I'll just wait for official news to come and not worry about it (so long, Mr. Myshikobit "Speculative" Jones :P)

"There are only two worthwhile things to leave behind when we depart this world of ours: children and art." -Sunday In The Park With George

PiraguaGuy2
#15CARRIE revival back on??
Posted: 6/13/10 at 5:04pm

I realize that "in development" doesn't always mean active, but that article was from last week.

Because Arima's going to immediately update his official bio to read "was recently working on a revival of Carrie that has completely stalled and most likely will languish in development hell for eternity"?

Don't be stupid. Playbill.com still lists David Foster's Betty Boop musical as "upcoming".

Almost as stupid is the idea that Lea Michele and Idina Menzel would possibly choose their reunion and Broadway return to be an off-Broadway revival of CARRIE. Really, people.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08
Updated On: 6/13/10 at 05:04 PM

AmeliaV82
#16CARRIE revival back on??
Posted: 6/13/10 at 6:55pm

delete Updated On: 6/14/10 at 06:55 PM

Videos