PastorErnst
#50Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 11:12am

I guess I won't be seeing this then.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#51Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 11:12am

I realize they don't care as long as they're selling seats, but I would be embarrassed if I were them at how unprepared they were for this chaos. A monkey could have told them there was a ludicrous amount of interest.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#52Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 11:13am

Perhaps you should have subscribed.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

ColorTheHours048
#53Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 11:17am

I only wanted to see ANGELS.

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#54Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 11:23am

So glad I subscribed! Sorry you guys are having problems.

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

PastorErnst Profile Photo
PastorErnst
#55Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 11:30am

haha, I love it! I finally get through by calling and they hang up on me by accident.

Insider2 Profile Photo
Insider2
#56Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 11:34am

They just stuck a note on their website that it is experiencing technical difficulties due to high volume. Ugh.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#57Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 11:38am

I'm working until 4:15...do you guys think it would be a lost cause if I went to the box office after work or should I just do cancellation?

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#58Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 11:39am

That was a hot mess! I got the $20 tickets to both parts (had to do pt 2 before pt 1). All that is really left ( and I left the box office 10 min ago) was a bunch of Pt 2 at the beginning of the run and performances at regular price during the extension. No doubt the entire run will be sold out in the next couple of hours.

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#59Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 11:48am

Perfectly, I would say cancellation line. If there is anything left at all, they will be the $85 dollar seats, but they are going to go quick after the $20 ones vanish (which no doubt will be within the hour).

angelplays
#60Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 12:06pm

I just got home from getting my tickets. I was somewhere between 11th and 14th on line - it kept fluctuating as friends came up to chat and either left or changed places. I got there about 7:55 or so.

I made it to the table at around 10:35. They had a sheet with part 1 in one column and part 2 in another column. The available dates were highlighted. There was part 2 availability in September but no part 1 availability until close to Thanksgiving. If I'd been available that weekend I could have done both parts close together, but I've got family in town. I wanted to see both parts, and part 1 first, so I opted to go into the extension for a marathon day.

The first person on line had gotten there at 3:15am.

PastorErnst Profile Photo
PastorErnst
#61Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 12:08pm

If I can get tickets to Part 2, but not Part 1, is it still worth seeing? Will I understand what's going on?

ColorTheHours048
#62Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 12:10pm

Part 2 is my favorite of the two parts. You'll understand what's going on, but just to be safe, read Part 1.

angelplays
#63Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 12:10pm

Worst case you could rent the HBO movie version to get part 1 I'd think.

Yankeefan007
#64Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 12:24pm

Yep, this is why I'm a subscriber.

angelplays
#65Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 12:26pm

Believe me smaxie and yankeefan007, there were a lot of people in line who tried to get subscriptions when they went on sale, but didn't get through before they were sold out. It's not like subscriptions went unsold. There were a limited number of them, and many who would have subscribed were unable to get through before the subscriptions were sold out.
Updated On: 8/3/10 at 12:26 PM

touchofgr3y
#66Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 12:31pm

I just FINALLY got through on the phone! Was able to get Parts 1 and 2, but out of order. Keep trying :)

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#67Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 12:39pm

touchofgr3y, were you able to get $20 tickets?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

perfectliar
#68Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 1:08pm

I've been on this site for over an hour now. About every 20 minutes, I get to a new page. I just selected my number of tickets and performance, but I haven't gotten to enter my payment info yet. This is ridiculous.

If I can somehow manage to get ANY seats, I'll be happy. But as of now I'm just trying to get Pt 2.

FindingNamo
#69Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 1:15pm

I guess it is a Lady Gaga concert.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#70Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 1:41pm

Well, wasn't that just a big stinkin' pile of crap! I HAD BETTER LUCK WITH GAGA!!!

Basically, anyone who didn't have the luxury of being off-work to go to the box-office didn't get a ticket (phone lines were busy from 10am and I don't know anyone who successfully booked a seat online).

Signature, love you to pieces, but you shoulda anticipated this. You're online ticket buyers were royally screwed.

Guess I'll be huddling in the blizzards of winter, praying for a stand-by seat (insert violin music here)
Updated On: 8/3/10 at 01:41 PM

ColorTheHours048
#71Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 1:42pm

After 3 and a half hours of trying online and on the phone, I got through on the phone! Got a ticket for PERESTROIKA for Sept. 23rd.

The box office worker said all that's left for MILLENIUM APPROACHES is premium seating in the initial run. He said there are still dates available in the extension for both parts. There are still plenty of dates available for part 2.

starlyricist Profile Photo
starlyricist
#72Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 1:53pm

Hours, did you get any sort of confirmation by email? I realized I handed over cash for tickets that I didn't get a receipt for, didn't get the actual tickets for and didn't get a confirmation for. Hmmm. Just a 6 digit number to bring in November.

There are some people in the world who say that writing stories, or composing music or dancing sparkly dances is easy for them. Nothing interferes with their ability to create. While I celebrate their creative freedom, a little part of me just wants to punch those motherf*ckers in the teeth...[tos]

perfectliar
#73Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 1:55pm

I'm really angry at this point. The site released my tickets because I hadn't purchased them within 15 minutes, even though it was the server's fault for moving so slow. So I have nothing to show after 2 hours of sitting in front of my computer trying to get tickets. Kind of infuriating.

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#74Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 1:58pm

starlyricist, I only got a number too. The girl at the table said there would be no e-mail confirmation and just to pick the tickets up at will call. Honestly, I was hoping to walk out with physical tickets.