La Cage rush or Balcony?

tking001
#1La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 7/28/10 at 11:25pm

What seats are better the rush seats (I hear they are boxes)
Is it a good view for $20?
or the $36.50 balcony?
Also If i buy Balcony can I move down to better front balcony seats(has it been filled)

Thanks

broadwaybound0632 Profile Photo
broadwaybound0632
#2La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 7/28/10 at 11:36pm

Balcony

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#2La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 7/28/10 at 11:41pm

pretty sure the rush seats are the same price as the balcony seats...not $20

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

tking001
#3La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 7/29/10 at 12:03am

they r my mistake

Are the balcony seats all full view?
Is it anything like the balcony in the St.James I felt like I was soo high up when I was there

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#4La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 7/29/10 at 12:09am

No it isn't that high...it's basically like a 2nd mezzanine, it overhangs pretty much the same row in the orch that the mezz does. I sat both in the balcony and the boxes that they give for rush and the balcony for sure had the better view.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#5La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 7/29/10 at 7:30am

Is La Cage rush $20 now? It used to be $36.50.

I saw in both and much preferred the balcony.

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#6La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 7/29/10 at 10:03am

Just avoid Balcony Row A, as there is a horizontal bar that partially obstructs your view. That is, unless you lean forward which will undoubtedly then draw the ire of the person sitting behind you on Row B.

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#7La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 7/29/10 at 10:07am

which will undoubtedly then draw the ire of the person sitting behind them in Row C, which will undoubtedly then draw the ire of the person sitting behind them in Row D, etc.

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#8La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 7/29/10 at 10:08am

exactly!

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
#9La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 7/29/10 at 10:13am

I sat in the boxes twice and both times I wished I had gone for the balcony. If you're going to do a box, so the ones house right, though. I felt like I missed so much more from house left.

tking001
#10La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 7/29/10 at 10:31am

So Front row Balc sounds horrible as do the boxes If I got Balcony I'd get the cheap rear balcony is that an ok view?

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#11La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 7/29/10 at 10:46am

Yes, the view from rear balcony is great. Anywhere in the rear balcony is great. No it isn't close up, but it's easily the best balcony on Broadway. Great, full view of the stage.

Brick
#12La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 7/29/10 at 11:04am

Rush can be limited view. Go for the balcony, which is a great for the price.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#13La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 7/29/10 at 11:56am

Rush is still $36.50 to whoever asked, I did it a couple weeks ago.

willep
#14La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 7/29/10 at 12:18pm

I actually really enjoyed my box seat. You have to get the right one though, I could easily tell that the people in front of me probably had awful seats, and I felt like I was directly in the way of the people behind me, but mine was great.

Jcookie1213 Profile Photo
Jcookie1213
#15La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 7/29/10 at 11:08pm

Should you buy the balcony seats ahead of time or do you think people would be able to get them day-of?

AudreyTwoTwo Profile Photo
AudreyTwoTwo
#16La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 7/30/10 at 10:42am

I did the rush seats, however you have to be THE first ones there to get the better seats. I was lucky.
But I agree, the balcony is better, it's a very small and intimate theatre.

The Best of Times is Now!

jaxel614
#17La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 8/5/10 at 7:33pm

So how early do you have to get there to get the good (right box, right?) rush seats? Loved the show from row E recently. Think the rush seats ruin the experience?

Thanks for your help!

jaxel614
#18La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 8/5/10 at 8:52pm

7:30 good to arrive for Right Box when the box office opens at 10?

Thanks for your help!

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#19La Cage rush or Balcony?
Posted: 8/5/10 at 10:58pm

Both times I've gotten rush tickets I've gotten front mezz center a few rows back. Yesterday I went with a friend and they had rush ticket left but they had balcony. We moved to the first row at intermission and there was no one behind us so we leaned forward.