pixeltracker

Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team Announced

Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team Announced

PRFRMR20 Profile Photo
PRFRMR20
#2Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team Announced
Posted: 8/11/10 at 3:57pm

Does this mean Noah Weisberg will be Buddy? He is not listed in the company and I highly doubt he would turn down the Buddy u/s...

WSS2 Profile Photo
WSS2
#2Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team Announced
Posted: 8/11/10 at 4:06pm

Love Leavel...wish it was a better project for her

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#3Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team Announced
Posted: 8/11/10 at 4:09pm

This is shaping up to be a great cast

Jacoby was brilliant in Fiddler at the Walnut

rmusic11322
PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#5Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team Announced
Posted: 8/11/10 at 4:30pm

Nice looking cast. So happy for Mark Jacoby who has been landing some great roles these past few years. Loved him in WST's Fiddler and 42nd St. Beth Leavel is such a great talent and Wendt is well equipped to play drama (12 Angry Men) and comedy equally well...IMO.

Agreed, sounds like family fun...and we need a lot of that.

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"

sondheimfan2 Profile Photo
sondheimfan2
#6Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team Announced
Posted: 8/11/10 at 6:05pm

What a waste of Leavel's talent. She should be starring in something better than this.

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#7Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team An
Posted: 8/11/10 at 6:13pm

Although I know that you could be judging basing it on the production team, I trust that the people saying that this isn't "up to her talents" have seen the workshops and such.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#8Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team An
Posted: 8/11/10 at 6:26pm

Go Gumley!
How can you say Leavel deserves better when it hasn't even happened yet? Geez
Last time she worked with Martin and Casey, well, we all know what happened.
The design team is all A-list.

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#9Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team An
Posted: 8/11/10 at 6:42pm

Deb is Walter's secretary, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#10Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team An
Posted: 8/11/10 at 6:51pm

It is weird because I would expect beth to be playing the Mary Steenburgen Role....Not the Amy Sederis. Hopefully they have expanded the role....

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#11Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team An
Posted: 8/11/10 at 7:04pm

Beth Leavel IS playing the Mary Steenburgen role (Emily).

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#12Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team An
Posted: 8/11/10 at 7:51pm

Excuse my last post.....I have a momentary brain fart, it has been a long day.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

broadwayboy987
#13Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team An
Posted: 8/11/10 at 8:20pm

I am EXTREMELY excited for this and really hope I get to see this! Beth Leavel is amazing, and George Wendt is great to.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#14Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team An
Posted: 8/11/10 at 10:30pm

I've never seen the movie, can someone who has explain Gumley's role of Michael? He seems to get good billing, is it prominent to the plot?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#15Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team An
Posted: 8/11/10 at 10:44pm

Michael is a fairly prominent role. He's the son of Jacoby's character, who Buddy befriends.

"What a waste of Leavel's talent. She should be starring in something better than this."

What, like Mamma Mia?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#16Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team An
Posted: 8/11/10 at 10:57pm

Is there any word yet on who might play the two actual leads? I know it was said that Noah Weisberg might be up for Buddy, but I don't see any of that in the announcement. Plus what about Jovie (the Zooey Deschanel character)?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#17Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team An
Posted: 8/12/10 at 2:13am

I have no idea if she's continuing with it, but Amy Spanger played Jovie in at least one of the readings.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Jon
#18Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team An
Posted: 8/12/10 at 12:06pm

And who's playing Papa Elf?

leobloom3
#19Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team An
Posted: 8/12/10 at 11:33pm

I saw the reading and think this should be lots of fun

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#20Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team An
Posted: 8/22/10 at 10:13am

I hear Sebastian Arcelus is playing Buddy.

Dsiggy15
#21Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team An
Posted: 8/22/10 at 7:22pm

Beth Leavel is one of my favorite broadway actresses of today but I feel as if her career is going downhill...She was in such great shows like 42nd Street, Crazy for You, Drowsy (my favorite) and then she went on to do Mamma Mia and Elf...Hope she pulls out of this soon because we are wasting such great talent on mediocre shows.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#22Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team An
Posted: 8/22/10 at 7:57pm

How would you know if ELF is "downhill"? Have you seen the show? No. No one has because it's in rehearsal. It could be BRILLIANT.

Besides, work is work. Girl's gotta work.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

PitPro2004 Profile Photo
PitPro2004
#23Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team An
Posted: 8/22/10 at 8:30pm

I agree with KAD about Beth, but she's getting a HUUUUUUGE salary to be in MM from what I was told.

Had Casey not been a part of the ELF team, I'd also throw in my doubts, but I'm going to give this one a shot and say it will be okay.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium!"

Dsiggy15
#24Leavel, Jacoby, Wendt & More to Star in ELF on Broadway; Production Team An
Posted: 8/23/10 at 2:19am

Just look at the movie, sure it was funny but not mean to be a broadway show. No point.

Videos