Hello, Dolly! Revival

Edna Turnblad Profile Photo
Edna Turnblad
#25Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/2/10 at 9:32pm

Why would someone bring up Oprah? Would I love it and fall over dying because I would have to see this? Yes, but that doesn't explain why they brought her up. Again, if she would do it, I would sale my unborn children to see her, but only if I could sit by Gayle. That would be magical. *Wanders off day dreaming of the glories of Oprah in Hello, Dolly!*

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#26Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/2/10 at 9:37pm

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is perfect for Cornelius
Ashley Brown would be a beautiful Irene
For Barnaby and Minnie:
Neil Haskell and that little blonde girl who won SO YOU THINK....

There are great choices out there for Dolly including
Victoria Clark or Daisy Prince.
Boyd Gaines as Horace.

Jamie Pierce Profile Photo
Jamie Pierce
#27Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/2/10 at 9:41pm

Christine Ebersole?

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#28Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/2/10 at 9:54pm

Oprah?

No way.

Dont even go there.

http://docandraider.com

Overkill Profile Photo
Overkill
#29Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/2/10 at 10:20pm

Beth Leavel maybe?

I agree, Ashley Brown would be a beautiful Irene! Lauren Molina could be a good Minnie.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#30Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/2/10 at 10:57pm

As long as I'm dreaming, I'll cast Kevin Kline as Horace.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#31Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/2/10 at 11:01pm

Kevin Kline and Patti LuPone reunion anybody?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#32Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/2/10 at 11:01pm

Kevin Kline and Patti LuPone reunion anybody?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

FunnyGirl617
#33Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/2/10 at 11:19pm

Wasn't there talk of Leslie Uggams doing it? Maybe that was a while back...she's 67 now...but I could see it.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#34Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/2/10 at 11:32pm

I can't see LuPone here.

I DO love the idea of a Peters/Patinkin reunion. I'd pay good money for that match! (I'd pay good money for nearly anything with Patinkin, crazy man or not.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

husk_charmer
#35Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/2/10 at 11:47pm

Except...isn't Horace a baritone...not a whiny falsetto?

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#36Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/3/10 at 12:21am

Minnie Faye and Barnaby Tucker are major DANCING roles originated by the legendary Sondra Lee and Jerry Dodge, so unless they go the Olivo-way...

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#37Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/3/10 at 12:27am

Since there is no need for EITHER of those roles to be high profile, let's hope they keep it that way!

I would think that ONLY Dolly or Horace need to be a name, but would be a bonus if they both were.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

bk
#38Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/3/10 at 1:31am

I really do hate needing to be the voice of reality - but there is no revival planned at this time - it's just Jerry doing what Jerry does. He's been saying it for the last year and a half and it's as real now as it was then. But, discuss away.

redmustang
#39Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/3/10 at 1:47am

Oh, KneelBeeWon - What medication are you on? Or have you stopped taking it? Barbra and Lucille were both horribly miscast as Dolly and Mame. (Might have been a small improvement if Lucy had played Dolly and Barbra played Mame). And Sean - I agree. I love Bernadette to death - BUT SHE CAN'T BE IN EVERY SHOW. Ebersole - perhaps. What about Cher?

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#40Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/3/10 at 8:05am

Bring Back Carol

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#41Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/3/10 at 8:17am

Christopher Fitgerald as Barnaby.

While I said earlier in the thread that Dolly allows for a wide variety of types, I just can't see LuPone in the role. At all.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#42Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/3/10 at 8:40am

As much as I hate HELLO, DOLLY!, what's truly amazing is Audra McDonald's performance of "The Glamorous Life." I'm totally obsessed with it. I keep watching it over and over and over.

If she ever redoes it, they should get Bernadette Peters.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

romgitsean
#43Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/3/10 at 10:30am

Please tell me SOMEONE watched the video I posted. That is a gold mine.

Patti would be incredibly awful. I may be biased in that no matter what Patti does, her voice irritates me to no end... but seriously. No Patti.

And yes to Christopher Fitzgerald. I vote yes to Christopher Fitzgerald.

Recent Broadway and Off-Broadway:: Carrie, Merrily, Ionescopade
Next On The List :: Clybourne Park, Once, Streetcar, BOM

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#44Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/3/10 at 11:01am

I watched the clip. That Bernadette Peters was a better actress than the real one!

Anyways, Miss Peters would be ideal to play Dolly, that is a role I think she is actually good for.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Scottsacto Profile Photo
Scottsacto
#45Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/3/10 at 11:14am

Have been on vacation, and just read this thread. As soon as I started reading the first name that came to mind was----Christine Ebersole. Think she would be GREAT!!

Glad others had same idea!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#46Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/3/10 at 11:28am

Christopher Fitzgerald is too old for Barnaby. He'd be a great Cornelius, though.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

kooky
#47Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/3/10 at 11:31am

isn't the character of "Dolly" a seasoned women ? Some older people would seem
a good choice too! Take a look at some of the oldsters on Broadway now !!!!!!!

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#48Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/3/10 at 11:37am

Rebecca Rojmin. She might be a little young for the role, but still... could be interesting.

http://docandraider.com

fitzykatebaldwinfan Profile Photo
fitzykatebaldwinfan
#49Hello, Dolly! Revival
Posted: 12/3/10 at 11:45am

Kate Baldwin as Irene Malloy and Christopher Fitzgerald as Cornelius Hackl.

"I never think of the classic musicals as old-fashioned; I think of them as timeless."--Kate Baldwin