pixeltracker

Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia- Page 2

Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia

Xman8 Profile Photo
Xman8
#25Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/1/11 at 11:26pm

I have 2 my Spamalot window card signed by Hank Azaria...it was my first Broadway show and my Merchant of Venice window card signed by Lily Rabe and Al Pacino.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#26Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/1/11 at 11:40pm

I have the cast board from Spamalot that was hung in the lobby of the Shubert Theatre. It's special to me because it's one of a kind.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

masterofthehouse Profile Photo
masterofthehouse
#27Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/1/11 at 11:55pm

I wouldn't say its my most prized, but I find it extremely wonderful! I have my walls lined in Broadway album covers near the ceiling. It looks really, really cool. It took about 4 years of scanning the LPs and albums at Goodwills and Salvation Armys to find enough for my bedroom. Upon hanging my Music Man OBC, I opened it and noticed that it is in fact signed by Meredith Wilson...I maybe paid 50 cents for it.

willep
#28Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/1/11 at 11:56pm

I have a letter from Billy Elliot signed by Dayton Tavares as well as a self portrait he drew on a paper plate and also signed.

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#29Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/1/11 at 11:57pm

I have 7 playbills signed by Angela Lansbury. 3 of which she sent to me during her run in ALNM. She's my favorite actress, and I'm only 2 playbills away from having her entire Broadway Career. The signed ones are: Dear World (color), Gypsy, A Little Night Music (Color, those three she sent), Sweeney Todd, Mame (Revival), Blithe Spirit (black and white), and Deuce (color).

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

fosca3 Profile Photo
fosca3
#30Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 7:47am

Did a lot of these things come from the Flea Market?

I was thinking of the Daniel Evans sketch, the Chorus Line jacket, and the paper dolls, and things like that

I've only gotten there once, but it was WONDERFUL

You don't go to the dragon without a present - Mark Rylance

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#31Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 8:40am

Fosca, yep I won mine at the Flea Market (in one of their smaller auctions.) They always have tons of really amazing stuff there!

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

NDR
#32Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 8:55am

Mine is actually from London, but I'll share anyway.
It's a program from the gala fundraiser performance of Miss Saigon the night before its official opening night in London. It was attended/hosted by Princess Diana.

Others would be:
- OBC Miss Saigon program signed by Lea Salonga.
- OBC Miss Saigon program signed by Jonathan Pryce.
- OBC In The Heights souvenir program signed by Lin Manuel and most of the OBC.
- Next to Normal Pill Box signed by Alice Ripley (upper case bubble letters and all)

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#33Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 9:02am

Also my OBC cast signed AMERICAN IDIOT window card, along with Billie Joe, Mike Dirnt, and Tré Cool
Updated On: 2/2/11 at 09:02 AM

Leia947
#34Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 9:18am

Berger's jeans signed by Will Swenson that I won a a Broadway Cares Auction after the show.

Also? A windowcard from Elling. I collect the cards and they didn't have them yet when I went to one of the previews of the show. My BFF went to the final show (We both loved it and thought it closed way to early). She was gonna pick up a card for me, but told me the sold out. Then, for Christmas, she shows up with the windowcard signed by the whole cast. Sneaky bitch. Bestest friend ever.

"And I'm a grown up....I don't go on vacations....I go to Broadway." - dramamama611

"Even I think that's hot, and I'm a straight guy. If I ever become gay he is the reason." - Drunk Chita Rivera on Gavin Creel

"Leia947 is my theatre mamma, and I love her for it." - AndAllThatJazz22

sondheimfan2 Profile Photo
sondheimfan2
#35Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 9:39am

Mine would have to be a signed Playbill of the original INTO THE WOODS. Mr. Sondheim signed it for me right before the curtain went up. It was a preview performance, so he was sitting in the back of the Orchestra section taking notes. Besides being the only time I met him, the show's logo eventually changed by opening (slightly), so I think the Playbill is even more unique.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#36Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 9:56am

I have many cards and letters from people that I do indeed cherish, but none of them are hanging up. They sit in a little box and I look at them every so often and smile.

What is hanging up is an autographed She Loves Me Vocal Selections signed by the late Jerry Bock (with a little note from him attached) that he mailed to me just a month or so before his unfortunate passing. I framed it immediately, just because I love the show and the man's work. Little did I know that he'd be gone so soon after. It hangs in a prominent spot now.
Also hanging up is a Scottsboro Boys program from the Vineyard autographed by John Kander from the final performance Off-Broadway. Also cherished.
I'm going to frame a letter from Sondheim some day, I just can't decide which one.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#37Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 10:03am

I totally forgot at the phone I bought from the merchandise stand from 9 to 5 closing weekend. i bought it right off it and it is an old spin dial phone with a 9 to 5 logo on the front. I also got it signed by the cast at the stagedoor and I really love it since no one else has it.

I also loved the price of it too. $75 for it, with a t-shirt, program, & poster.

WOSQ
#38Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 10:52am

The Wiz real estate:
The Wiz was due to go into the Winter Garden and was to preview and open before Christmas. However out of town in Baltimore The Wiz was a disaster, and they booked another tryout stand (DC?) and delayed. Extensive revisions occurred including some recasting, and they ended up with a new director who was also the costume designer, Geoffrey Holder (also known as the 'Un-cola' man in the 7-Up ads) who eventually won Tonys in both categories.

Gypsy with Lansbury at the Winter Garden could then extend 5 weeks through right after New Years, and The Wiz got the Majestic because Mack and Mabel was not the expected hit it was thought to be and had pretty much played out its advance sale and closed around Thanksgiving.

The Wiz survived mixed reviews with a dynamite tv ad and played 2 years at the Majestic and moved to the Broadway for another 2 years or so. The Wiz was a surprise hit. A big surprise hit.

Hang onto that Wiz-Winter Garden thing.

Also, whoever has that Side Show-Anyone Can Whistle poster, hang onto that. Having that is something you could almost retire on. Frame it and keep it out of direct light. Seriously.

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher

slmlbl Profile Photo
slmlbl
#39Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 11:02am

I have a framed Millie Window card, signed by the OBC and also have millie's ripped train ticket from the top of the show famed in it as well. She ripped it and it happend to land on my lap. yay!

littlepaperstars
#40Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 11:11am

I have two letters from night music signed by Bernadette, and the pink flower headband from Wicked, both of which I bought at the Flea Market and love. Also have a torn yellow Berger shirt from Hair I love, but I'm not quite sure what to do with it...it's currently sitting in a drawer somewhere. I'm thinking of having it framed.

My blog: http://thebroadwaybostonian.wordpress.com/

husk_charmer
#41Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 11:13am

WOSQ-
Actually, Mack and Mabel was doing some business, Merrick just wanted it gone. I've heard several accounts of people who tried to buy tickets being told that there weren't any, but the houses weren't full.

Holder was brought in after Detroit for the Baltimore run, and then Hinton Battle came in during the Philadelphia run as the Scarecrow.

And while it didn't open before Christimas, it did start previews on Christmas Eve.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

broadwayjim42
#42Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 11:21am

I have two:

I sent Swoosie Kurtz a telegram (yeah, that long ago) after she won the Tony for "Fifth Of July" and she sent me a really sweet personal note back. I still have it.

After a performance of the Dustin Hoffman revival of "Death Of A Salesman," I was hanging out the stage door area and who should appear but Arthur Miller. I lugged out the trusty copy of the play I'd brought with me and he signed it. I still have it.

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#43Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 12:25pm

A can of Ultra Clutch hairspray with a little bit of the fog still in it Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia

::bust a move::

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#44Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 12:47pm

I started collecting vintage playbills several years back and my most treasured ones are:

-- My Fair Lady OBC autographed by Andrews, Harrison, Lerner & Loewe

-- Original Pal Joey (1940) signed by Richard Rodgers

-- Porgy & Bess OBC (1935)

-- Hold on to your Hats (1940) signed by Al Jolson

Other items --

A letter signed by Jason Robert Brown, along with a copy of the then unpublished sheet music to "Come Up to My Office" from Parade that included a few editorial notes.

A playbill from LaChiusa's "The Wild Party" signed by the entire cast

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

Chrysanthemum62001
#45Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 12:51pm

Most definitely my signed Sweeney Todd revival cast cd.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

JOak Profile Photo
JOak
#46Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 12:53pm

My Hairspray collection:
-alarm clock
-pajamas
-magnet stickers
-mirror
-2 different lunch-boxes
-closing night photo
-miniature truck
-closing night photo frame
-Ultra Clutch can
-silk tie
-Matthew Morrison as Link pin
-water bottle
-Patterson Park High t-shirt
-and another photo frame.
Along with signed posters.

degrassifan
#47Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 1:01pm

An audio recording of the full "Sound of Music" show from 1959 with the original Broadway cast.

castlestreet Profile Photo
castlestreet
#48Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 1:59pm

Great thread!

Mine is a three way tie-

My OBC Carrie Window Card- talked Colony down from $500.00 to $100.00 to get it too!

My picture of me with Angela Landsbury- she was exactly like you would want her to be- kind, caring, and her dressing room smelled AMAZING!

My picture of me with Betty Buckley- it was taken in Syracuse after a symphonic concert she did- she was in top voice that evening and we have been casual acquaintences ever since!

Patty3
#49Most cherished piece of Broadway memorabilia
Posted: 2/2/11 at 2:00pm

A signed OBC Playbill from Seesaw including a young Mr. Tommy Tune. He was also one of the nicest people I ever met at a stage door. You just knew that great things were ahead for him.
Updated On: 2/2/11 at 02:00 PM