pixeltracker

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread- Page 30

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#725Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/30/15 at 7:06pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh4fgkiUi18   This is her performance at "The Wendy Williams Show". She sings "Roxie" with four of the Men of Chicago.   The guy with the vest looks new.  She has a nice voice.  Her perf starts at about 7:24.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 4/30/15 at 07:06 PM

luvcaroline Profile Photo
luvcaroline
#726Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/30/15 at 10:01pm

^

Wow, that was really great. We have tickets to see this during our June visit and now I'm really pumped!

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#727Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/30/15 at 10:12pm

That was great but she comes across as more of a Velma to me.

luvcaroline Profile Photo
luvcaroline
#728Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/30/15 at 10:18pm

Definitely a sassier take on Roxie.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#729Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/30/15 at 10:25pm

Wow, she sounds and looks amazing!

Patti LuPone FANatic
#730Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/30/15 at 10:50pm

I'm surprised that there haven't been any photos of her first night as Roxie.   Strange.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Patti LuPone FANatic
#731Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 5/3/15 at 6:46am

Wow...those are some signifcant crowds at the Chicago stage door.  (It's funny how the author of the article describes it as "backstage."Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread   https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Coverage-Broadways-Newest-Murderess-Brandy-Norwood-Greets-Fans-Backstage-at-CHICAGO-20150502

Updated On: 2/12/24 at 06:46 AM

Phantom4ever
#732Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 5/3/15 at 10:53am

If anybody watched Brandy perform on the Wendy Williams Show, you might have noticed how choked up Wendy got after the show because of how much she loved being in the show herself.  In the After Show video on youtube, she reminisces more about her time in Chicago and how much she loved it.  Really nice to see. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y50SnNt2has

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#733Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 5/3/15 at 11:33am

It would be fantastic for this show to have both Brandy & Carly Hughes together up on that stage. One could dream.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#734Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 5/3/15 at 7:56pm

Word...ACL.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#735Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 5/20/15 at 10:46pm

This is a feature of Brandy's dressing room at the Ambassador Theatre.  http://www.instyle.com/news/video-go-behind-scenes-brandys-dressing-room-chicago-musical

sephyr
#736Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 5/23/15 at 12:26am

How wonderful was Brandy in the role? Saw her Tuesday night and I was just in awe of how funny she was, how beautiful she sounded (and the crazy vocal runs she threw in - ear candy), and how well she danced! I loved her solo numbers and how she kept up with Amra (in fact when they sang together she kind of overpowered her a little). The last number choked me up a little, I was so proud of her! I loved the show overall and it was fun for a first time! I was so impressed by the actors who played Mama Morton (Natasha Yvette Williams), Amos Hart (Raymond Bokhour), and Mary Sunshine (R. Lowe). 

HollidayForever Profile Photo
HollidayForever
#737Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 5/26/15 at 5:38pm

sephyr, I couldn't agree more. I've been telling everyone, she was surprisingly above average maybe even flawless. In fact, I'm sure if she didn't have other commitments, the Weisslers would sign her to a full year contract. She breathed so much life and humor into the role of Roxie. And you're right Brandy completely out-shined Amra. Overall, I thought everyone was pretty solid. The only thing that pissed me off was the sound and Mary Sunshine's diction. I couldn't understand a word she sang, and the leads mic levels needed to be turned up when singing with the ensemble.  

Patti LuPone FANatic
#738Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 5/26/15 at 7:54pm

FANtastic news!! Marco Zunino is Broadway's "Billy Flynn" from June 1-14, 2015!!  He's an awesome singer!  Marco has one of the longest "the" notes ("Both Reached For The Gun") that I have heard.  Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

Updated On: 5/26/15 at 07:54 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#739Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/1/15 at 4:24pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Brandy-Extends-Run-in-Broadways-CHICAGO-20150601  Apparently, she's good for the box office.  Plus, she seems like a nice person.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#740Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/1/15 at 4:43pm

I was hoping she'd extend. Too bad AFW remains.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#741Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/2/15 at 12:03pm

from these pictures it looks like Donna Marie Asbury was Velma & possibly Sharon Moore was Mama last night.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Coverage-CHICAGO-Welcomes-Marco-Zunino-and-Dylan-Ratell-20150602 

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#742Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/2/15 at 6:58pm

Donna did the weekend 

amras gone till the 14th

terras back Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#743Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/2/15 at 7:06pm

"That was great but she comes across as more of a Velma to me."

Agreed.  

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#744Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/2/15 at 7:34pm

I wish they'd bring Carly Hughes back.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Patti LuPone FANatic
#745Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/2/15 at 8:02pm

JBradshaw...that is awesome news about having the chance to see Miss Terra as Velma on Broadway!!

bwaysouth
#746Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/2/15 at 8:11pm

Hey, Chicago experts!  With Brandy extending in the show for the summer, I'm thinking I may have to make a visit back to Chicago.  Does anyone know how the rush seats have been location-wise?  I know when I went several years ago they were near the front of the orchestra on the sides, but I wonder if anybody has more recent information.

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#747Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/2/15 at 11:03pm

Rush is side orchestra. 

Sometimes they sell side mezz seats. 

Orchestra seats are usually in the first 10 rows. 

Theatre re is small, not really any bad seats. 

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#748Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/2/15 at 11:42pm

A different Velma? A new Mary Sunshine? Is this bizarro world? Because if so I'd like two tickets please! I love R. Lowe, he's so damn consistent and excellent, but this repeat viewer appreciates someone new in the role. Seen the dude dozens of times! As for "international stage sensation" Amra-Faye, well...Carly Hughes, where you gone? Come back!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Patti LuPone FANatic
#749Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/3/15 at 5:55am

According to Playbill.com, Marco Zunino will be Billy Flynn in the upcoming Seoul production of "Chicago".  Terra C wil be Velma, with Dylis Croman as Roxie in South Korea.  I think Dylan Ratell will be Mary Sunshine.  C. Caballero will make an excellent Mary Sunshine (understudy).