pixeltracker

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread- Page 78

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#1925Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/17/21 at 7:01pm

Drew Nellessen is making a return to Chicago.  I'm curious as to who the show will have as choreographer.  Maybe it could be Dylis Croman, who worked together with Ann Reinking for many years.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#1926Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/17/21 at 7:06pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Drew Nellessen is making a return to Chicago. I'm curious as to who the show will have as choreographer. Maybe it could be Dylis Croman, who worked together with Ann Reinking for many years."

Gregory Butler is back in NYC working on the show, according to his IG.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#1927Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/17/21 at 7:40pm

Who's going to play Billy Flynn in the reopening cast? Hopefully someone who can sing it.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1928Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/17/21 at 8:28pm

I wonder if Sharon Moore will return? She's been a long tenured swing for about twenty years.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

everythingtaboo
#1929Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/17/21 at 8:29pm

Chicago is going to be performing on Good Morning America on Thursday! I'm sure the big casting announcement is coming!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Patti LuPone FANatic
#1930Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/17/21 at 8:30pm

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm programming my dvr.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

CJR
#1931Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/17/21 at 8:45pm

Bianca Marroquin as Velma. :)

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

everythingtaboo
#1932Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/17/21 at 8:53pm

Other cast, at least for GMA, besides Bianca, include Denny Paschall, Michael Scirrotto, Aubree Brown

Patti LuPone FANatic
#1933Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/17/21 at 10:14pm

CJR said: "Bianca Marroquin as Velma. :)"  Really?  That would be awesome.  She has a phenomenal voice.  https://youtu.be/F31zoz5jgv4

CJR
#1934Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/17/21 at 11:04pm

Indeed :) i heard the chatter a few days ago but was confirmed by Greg Butlers Instagram post today, with Bibi in Velma position for ATJ.

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#1935Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/17/21 at 11:31pm

CJR said: "Bianca Marroquin as Velma. :)"

Seriously?  That would be amazing.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#1936Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/18/21 at 2:01am

ACL2006 said: "I wonder if Sharon Moore will return? She's been a long tenured swing for about twenty years."

more like 23+ years  

I love me some Sharon. Fierce dancer. She was amazing as Mama and Velma…also one of the nicest ladies. 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J8kWzpAePxk

she’s amazing  

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#1937Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/18/21 at 3:00am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WzvgV4lILSc

Ute! Love!

Patti LuPone FANatic
#1938Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/18/21 at 7:08am

Angel Reda posted in her IG a picture of the dancers for Thursday's appearance on Good Morning America.  Bianca Marroquin is indeed in front as "Velma".  I wonder if all of the dancers who will appear on GMA will be in the Broadway company in a few weeks?   Roman in Austin, Texas

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1939Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/18/21 at 8:48am

I believe Bianca played Velma once before (Mexico?).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
Updated On: 8/18/21 at 08:48 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1940Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/18/21 at 8:50am

Del Rio?

everythingtaboo
#1941Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/18/21 at 11:04am

I don't know why it's taken my almost 24 hours to even realize that Bianca Marroquin is playing Velma. I've seen her dozens of times as Roxie, so I guess my brain just assumed the same when I saw her name. It'll be great to see her in the other role, and bravo to her for taking on the more dance-heavy role after so many years playing the other!

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#1942Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/18/21 at 11:18am

We shouldn't necessarily assume the cast that's performing on TV is the cast that is reopening the show...maybe they are, but we all know how they cycle through people at the Ambassador. It could just be a group of alums that has been assembled.

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#1943Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/18/21 at 11:42am

DAME said: "Not sure if this has been mentioned here before. But I was fascinated by the footage of what I imagine was Liza's put in rehearsal for Chicago on the recent Golden Age documentary. Maybe it has been around but I have never seen it before. I thought it was the coolest minutes of the documentary."

Wonderful footage.  I had not seen it before either.

Nolan LuPone
#1944Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/18/21 at 11:50am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "We shouldn't necessarily assume the cast that's performing on TV is the cast that is reopening the show...maybe they are, but we all know how they cycle through people at the Ambassador. It could just be a group of alums that has been assembled."

Yeah. Correct me if I’m wrong, but this past winter Tina Fey hosted a TV Special showing off broadway performances and Lana Gordon played Velma in a brief performance of “All That Jazz”.

Owen Parker
#1945Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/18/21 at 12:52pm

Tomorrow’s performance on gma is postponed until next week due to the rain Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread According to Michael Scirrotto’s insta Bianca will be playing Velma

Patti LuPone FANatic
#1946Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/18/21 at 5:55pm

Bianca will be a fantastic Velma.   She has an amazing soaring voice!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#1947Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/18/21 at 6:40pm

FYI, I just discovered that the first 2 rows in the orchestra, which don't appear on the Telecharge website, are available for purchase on the app.

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#1948Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/18/21 at 8:11pm

A gossip blogger on Instagram posted a tip from someone who gave more hints on the Chicago cast, saying the cast will include "a former Dreamgirl, a beloved Emmy winner, a Brazilian heart throb, and the rising queen of a movie musical." Do we have any ideas?

Updated On: 8/18/21 at 08:11 PM

sassylash3s
#1949Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 8/18/21 at 8:14pm

Based on prior rumors in this thread, Lilias White would fit as the former Dreamgirl and Ariana Debose works as a rising queen of a movie musical.