pixeltracker

Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album

Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album

lull89 Profile Photo
lull89
#1Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 12:56am

The entirety of The Book of Mormon cast album is up for streaming at NPR music. Enjoy!
First Listen: Cast Recording, 'The Book Of Mormon'

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 1:04am

Hasa Diga Eebowai!!!!

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#2Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 1:14am

Just listened to "Hasa Diga Eebowai" and "Sal Tlay Ka Siti." (love the spelling of that song)

Both fabulous!

willep
#3Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 1:19am

Ahh yes! Thanks for posting!

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#4Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 1:43am

Magic.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#5Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 1:51am

I am just finishing act 1 and it sounds so fantastic! I cannot wait for Joseph Smith American Moses!

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

willep
#6Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 1:58am

Ugh this is totally keeping me from sleeping and/or studying for my art history midterm! But it's so worth it!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#7Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 2:00am

And now I will be distracted from my school work forever.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

littlegreen2 Profile Photo
littlegreen2
#8Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 2:00am

Thank you for posting!

"I will not cease from mental fight, nor shall my sword sleep in my hand: Till we have built Jerusalem in England's green and pleasant land."

ace33
#9Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 2:05am

Perfect! I can stream just enough, for me to get my fix so i dont have to buy the Cast Recording...

...PSHH YEAH RIGHT!

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#10Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 2:08am

Add me to the chorus of those who are now not studying due to the brilliance of this.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#11Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 2:10am

^Same here. Listening to Turn it Off now, love it!

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#12Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 2:12am

Weeping. So much joy.

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#13Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 2:15am

Studying is now nonexistent. "Man Up" is even better then I remembered.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#14Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 2:20am

BWAYTDAY I too forgot how great of a number Man Up is. The last line cracks me up everytime

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

othell Profile Photo
othell
#15Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 2:32am

I just listened to all of it -- it is now so late! Love the music and performances-- I can see it getting best score now that I hear it.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#16Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 2:41am

It had better. This show is perfect.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

willep
#17Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 2:52am

On the last song now! Would just love to echo a few sentiments...first, I agree about how wonderful Man Up is. I love that song. Second, it better win best score!

IdinaBellFoster
#18Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 2:54am

I love when James come back in with the 'Sal Tlay Ka Siti' melody in 'Man Up'

I'd pick a favorite track, but they just get better and better. But 'Turn it Off' has some of the best lyrics.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

willep
#19Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 3:05am

It is definitely verrrrrry hard to pick a favorite. Mine MIGHT be Man Up, but I can't say for sure...they are all just so good!

IdinaBellFoster
#20Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 3:09am

Just pre-ordered my cast recording! Hopefully they ship early, per usual.

HistoryBoy2 Profile Photo
HistoryBoy2
#21Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 5:51am

Incredible. If this doesn't win Best Score, something has gone badly wrong.

goldenstate5
#22Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 8:12am

I haven't seen Book of Mormon, and since pretty much zero video/audio has been released until now, this is all fresh and new. (I'm aware of the plot synopsis though)

It's very interesting to listen to, as it's very funny, but at the same time surprisingly dramatic and heartfelt. The difference between the usual musical works of the duo (along with Lopez added) is crystal clear. The fact that this had years and years of work is right there, proving that if these guys can pull off something great within a short amount of time, given much longer they can easily create a masterpiece. It's far less traditional than I imagined it would be, but nevertheless catchy and a breeze to listen to.

The highlight of the CD, surprisingly, is Josh Gad. He's freaking fantastic, and while I imagine Andrew Rannells is great as well, his character comes across as more sympathetic, sad yet charming than I've heard in reviews, and just through listening I was far more attached to songs with Cunningham than I was with Price. Of course, it may be far different in the show itself, but that's how it came across in the cast album.

"Joseph Smith American Moses" offers a great payoff to the wonderfully complex second act opening "Making Things Up Again", and I was instantly reminded of "Avenue Q" when that moment came. The reason it won so many critics over is because the comedy, unlike the musical comedies debuting around it, it kept the audience in hysterics while constantly being extremely charming and sweet with complex characters and many dramatic moments. In fact, "The Book of Mormon" was shockingly even more, not sure if this is the right word, dark than Avenue Q, but then again I must remind that I did not see the actual show yet. Q had less dramatic songs, but kept that charming edge. BOM had the same dramatic-yet-funny song aspect, yet they seemed to be more plentiful. It's not a bad thing at all, and only makes me want to see the musical more. Of course, this was ironically a weakness for Avenue Q, that while Jeff Whitty's book had its moments, the main attraction were the songs already heard on the cast albums. BOM feels as if there's still a great amount of the hysterics onstage.

Anyways, really only one song doesn't work for me, and that's "Baptize Me", which robbed of the probably gut-busting visuals, is diluted to a basic "baptizing = losing virginity" joke that goes on and on for three long minutes. Nikki and Josh of course make it worth listening to, but otherwise this song must be more enjoyable seeing it live onstage. '

Otherwise, I can't wait for this to come out a week from tomorrow. I'm going to treasure this album for ages.
Updated On: 5/9/11 at 08:12 AM

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#23Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 8:17am

>the fact that Gad did not even garner a single Tony nom is a bit upsetting.<

Josh Gad is indeed a Tony nominee for Best Actor in a Musical.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

goldenstate5
#24Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 8:24am

Ah, I recall that comment then (I only skimmed the nominee list). Good, he really deserves it.

Videos