pixeltracker

What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?- Page 2

What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#25What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/4/11 at 12:08am

I know that there is a musical version of the Far Pavilions floating around out there somewhere but how about one based on another of MM Kaye's books? The Ordinary Princess for example. They could write a song for the seven perfect sisters called "I'm Vapid".

I second a Rat Pack musical. Or how about a Carpenters one?

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Matt2 Profile Photo
Matt2
#26What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/4/11 at 12:48am

I just would also like to add that I think Bullets Over Broadway would make an amazing musical. Who to compose?

pinoyidol2006 Profile Photo
pinoyidol2006
#27What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/4/11 at 1:25am

I'd like a Carpenters musical, but I'd hate to see another jukebox show.

I like your imperturbable perspicacity.

PennybankBill Profile Photo
PennybankBill
#28What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/4/11 at 2:25am

Right now these are throwaway ideas.

A musical version of the G.W. Pabst film PANDORA'S BOX (perhaps with Sondheim or Cy Coleman as composer?)

A musical about the life of Bertolt Brecht, using both new songs and songs brecht wrote himself (It really sounds like an inversion of LoveMusik)

A musical version of Louise Brooks' auto-biography LULU IN HOLLYWOOD

A musical about BroadwayWorld's forum reaction about the Musical BABY, IT's YOU with the possible titles of:
BABY, IT'S JEW
BABY, IT'S EEEW
BABY, IT'S SH*T
BABY, THIS JOKE HAS GONE ON TOO LONG.

A musical about METROPOLIS has already been done, but It should have been more in the minimalist style instead of trying to be a British mega musical.

A musical or play about the life of Teresa Stratas.

That's it for now! Please respond and give criticism about these ideas!
Updated On: 6/4/11 at 02:25 AM

gypsy4
#29What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/4/11 at 2:35am

I'd love to see a Musical Adaption of TREVOR or a show based on the life and career of Shirley Temple.

castlestreet Profile Photo
castlestreet
#30What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/4/11 at 9:44am

I know that the movie Arthur was already done, but I always wondered by Bacharach didn't write the score-would have been great.

I would like to stay away from bio-musicals for a while, they seem to miss more than they seem to hit the mark.

Whatever happened to Grumpy Old Men The Musical- sounded fun.

I personally would love to see a musical treatment of Mrs. Doubtfire- someone did a version of this in Italy, but I don't think much ever came of it.

SporkGoddess
#31What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/4/11 at 12:46pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Phineas Gage

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#32What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/4/11 at 1:00pm

I'd love for Tammy Faye to get either a grand treatment with some fictional flourishes ala EVITA or a small, tender and slightly campy treatment ala GREY GARDENS.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

charlesjguiteau Profile Photo
charlesjguiteau
#33What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/4/11 at 1:04pm

How has there never been a musicalization of WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE?

Two grande dames battling it out for supremacy with a little Grand Guignol mixed in? Pastiches from the Twenties through the Forties? Nearly all the action happens in one 2-story set? Sondheim should forget the Mizner brothers already and focus on the Hudson sisters for next opus.

castlestreet Profile Photo
castlestreet
#34What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/4/11 at 1:38pm

There was a Baby Jane musical- in London- I believe it starred Milicent Martin

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#35What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/4/11 at 1:51pm

I've wanted to see That Thing You Do! musicalized for a long time. Also a musical based on the book Ordinary People.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

AEA AGMA SM
#35What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/4/11 at 2:41pm

That Thing You Do would be on my list of projects if I felt I had any talent as a librettist and/or composer. Others would be Kindergarten Cop and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. I'd also like to see a show based on the short stories of David Sedaris and his contemporaries, just a series of songs and scenes weaving together. Similar to the format Theatreworks has used for their "storybook" shows, only for adults (obviously).

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#36What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/4/11 at 4:52pm

^ Me too. But, I wouldn't even know how/where to start. Lol.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

Moneyspider
#37What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/4/11 at 5:21pm

Yugioh is hardly my top pick for adapting anime into Broadway material but this is certainly operatic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NZy5a7nzNc
Updated On: 6/4/11 at 05:21 PM

broadwaybabytn Profile Photo
broadwaybabytn
#38What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/4/11 at 6:06pm

SporkGoddess, a Phineas Gage musical would be pure genius. Can someone please write a love song to a tamping iron?

PiraguaGuy2
#39What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/4/11 at 6:11pm

Tootsie. Done.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#40What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/4/11 at 8:21pm

I don't remember his exact name, but there's a man mentioned in "A Normal Heart" that struck me as someone I didn't know, so my friend and I went home and we looked him up and he had the most interesting life. I forgot his name, but it's when he's naming all of the gay men throughout history.

Zingingtobway
#41What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/5/11 at 10:20pm

I personally would love to see a musical adaptation of "What's Love Got to Do With It" The Tina Turner Story.. It's an Empowering story. (I know it may fall under a Juke Box musical but if done right it can be amazing)

There is nothing in the world better than Live Theater.

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#42What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/5/11 at 10:28pm

MISS SONDRA PRILL

Look her up on YouTube ("Nasty" and "Pump Up the Jam") and Wikipedia as well.

Just what Broadway (or OB more likely) needs.

Dollypop
#43What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/5/11 at 10:32pm

Loretta Swit. (Then again, she's working on her new one-woman show called SWIZZLE SWITZ which should be amazing!)

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
#44What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/5/11 at 10:46pm

ETHEL MERMAN. LuPone mentioned something about this in a gypsy broadway.com interview a couple years ago. It could have a mix of songs she did in her career and some new songs too.

also I feel like a Rat Pack musical would just feel like another Jukebox musical--like MDQ or Baby Its You or Buddy Holly Story

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#45What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/5/11 at 10:48pm

There is a Rat Pack musical. It doesn't have a story really, it's just a reenactment of of one of their Vegas shows. I saw it on tour and quite frankly it was the lamest excuse for a musical I have seen.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#46What subject or person/character would you like to see a NEW MUSICAL written for?
Posted: 6/6/11 at 12:24am

Oh, dahling dearest, cguiteau. There was indeed an unfortunate stage musical version of WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE? not so long ago. It starred Millicent Martin as Jane and Jan Hartley as Blanche (London) and Leslie Denniston (in Houston). It died a deserved death thereafter. I have the London cast recording. It's everything you'd hope it wouldn't be -- and more!

Updated On: 6/6/11 at 12:24 AM