pixeltracker

Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!

Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
iflip4musicals Profile Photo
iflip4musicals
#2Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!
Posted: 6/15/11 at 4:03pm

wow!

"I've never encountered such religiously, you know, loyal fans as Broadway musical theater fans. It's amazing." --Allison Janney

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#3Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!
Posted: 6/15/11 at 4:04pm

I think this summer is too soon. It will probably be forgotten by the Tonys. Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!

madlibrarian
#4Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!
Posted: 6/15/11 at 4:06pm

May we also look forward to a cast recording?

MichaelRhodus Profile Photo
MichaelRhodus
#5Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!
Posted: 6/15/11 at 4:09pm

Hopefully B. Pete transfers too! x

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
moljul Profile Photo
moljul
#7Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!
Posted: 6/15/11 at 4:10pm

Can anyone offer opinions on the dates? How fast can it be transferred and is there anything scheduled in the Marquis that would kick Follies out eventually?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#8Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!
Posted: 6/15/11 at 4:12pm

More details

Looks like August-January. Apparently the Marquis is booked this spring.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/06/15/follies-is-coming-to-broadway-this-summer/

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#9Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!
Posted: 6/15/11 at 4:15pm

OH MY GOD!!!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
Brian07663NJ
#11Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!
Posted: 6/15/11 at 4:17pm

HAHAHA you mean I drove 500 miles round trip last Saturday and now it is going to be a few blocks away! Reminds me when I flew to London to see Equus with Daniel Radcliff because there was no intention on transferring that to Broadway.

moljul Profile Photo
moljul
#12Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!
Posted: 6/15/11 at 4:17pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
#13Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!
Posted: 6/15/11 at 4:19pm

YES. Best news I've heard in a while. HOpefully it will extend into a longer run.

And, at the very least, it'll have Maxwell and Lavin - so here's to hoping Burstein, Peters, Raines, Paige, and the rest of the folks will stay. I wouldn't even mind seeing Regine again.

Who is producing it?

Wonder if they'll add/change anything to the set or anything like that.....

EDIT: Misread the Paige and Lavin part...let's hope they will still do it...or maybe Donna Murphy would do it!!! Updated On: 6/15/11 at 04:19 PM

once a month Profile Photo
once a month
Deester2
#15Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!
Posted: 6/15/11 at 4:21pm

Lavin is the one it's NOT going to have.

I'm driving down this weekend for the final DC performance. LOL.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#16Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!
Posted: 6/15/11 at 4:21pm

Here's to hoping Schaeffer makes some of the needed changes to act 1, especially with the ghosts.

It's NOT a perfect production, but I rather have a 'good' FOLLIES on Broadway than no FOLLIES.

Maybe they'll use the original book this time! HAHA JK! Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer! No point in hoping.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#17Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!
Posted: 6/15/11 at 4:22pm

Wow! Congratulations to all involved!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#18Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!
Posted: 6/15/11 at 4:23pm

I bet this won't be open when I'm in New York the first week of August Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
Updated On: 6/15/11 at 04:23 PM

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#19Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!
Posted: 6/15/11 at 4:25pm

And it says they are keeping the number of musicians at 28 members!

moljul Profile Photo
moljul
#20Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!
Posted: 6/15/11 at 4:29pm

Oh SondheimFan5, you don't think Bernadette's going to let this open without her. LOL I think it can pretty much be assumed she'll be in the production. I do hope Maxwell and Burstein can be worked in. I could take or leave Raines. Would be great if the young versions of the leads make the move too.

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#21Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!

Very exciting! I was planning to go see it in DC but some stuff came up and I was unable to make it. But now it looks like I have something to see in September during the flea market!

moljul Profile Photo
moljul
#22Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!

So excited about the full orchestra.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#23Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!
Posted: 6/15/11 at 4:30pm

Gee!
I'd like to be
At the MARQUIS!
All twinkling lights.
A spark
To pierce the dark
From Battery Park
Way up to Washington Heights!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#24Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summer!
Posted: 6/15/11 at 4:30pm

If Jan Maxwell doesn't transfer with this show, I will have very little interest in seeing it again.