pixeltracker

Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife- Page 3

Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife

AwesomeDanny
#50Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 4:30pm

After misunderstanding the thread title, I now really want to hear her sing Meadowlark. I have some reservations about this casting, but I think she could be great. What I think would be really interesting, though, is if Joanna Gleason could possibly play the witch. Does anyone else see this?

Overkill Profile Photo
Overkill
#51Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 4:38pm

I wish they'd cast Brian d'Arcy James as The Baker. Perfect.

onedaymore Profile Photo
onedaymore
#52Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 5:10pm

Interesting but exciting choice. I hope to go see this. I'd kill to see her do "Moments In The Woods".

Whoever says money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to shop. - Bo Derek

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#53Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 5:20pm

After misunderstanding the thread title, I now really want to hear her sing Meadowlark.

I was thinking the very same thing. I mean was it so hard to end the thread title with in "Into The Woods".

I'm wondering, "WTF, I didn't know they were reviving Schwartz' THE BAKER'S WIFE"?

Anyway..I don't really have an opinion on her casting in this. I can take her or leave her.

However, they need to impress me by casting a bad-ass witch or I ain't goin'...

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#54Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 5:47pm

The names I've heard for the Baker and the Witch are not TV/Movie names, but Broadway actors. I assume we'll hear those two announced soon, too.

I can see Adams doing this role very well, particularly in this production. She is often typed as kittenish, but she has more depth than that.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

The Josh Profile Photo
The Josh
#55Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 6:12pm

I could not be more excited. After re-watching The Muppets, I actually think Jason Segel could make a good Baker.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#56Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 6:14pm

I just tried buying a summer supporter seat and it said "connection timed out." Has anybody else had a problem?

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#57Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 6:28pm

ljay889, where did you go to try and get the Summer Supporter seat? This is the only thing I can find on their site: http://www.publictheater.org/content/view/127/222/

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#58Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 6:32pm

I wonder if Amy Adams will talk her pal Meryl Streep into doing it.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#59Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 6:36pm

Interesting and happy casting choice! Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife                                                  ^^ I hope that she DOES influence Meryl to officially join.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#60Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 6:43pm

My order did go through! The seats are actually $175. Not $200.

Here is the right link.

http://tickets.publictheater.org/summersupporter/

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#61Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 8:22pm

I also made my donation.

Does anyone know when you're notified which of your preferred dates you're getting?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#62Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 8:27pm

So Kad, is the witch a TONY winning Broadway musical Actress as rumored over on the other board?
That narrows it some.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#63Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 9:41pm

That is what I've been hearing, yes.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#64Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 9:49pm

Please, please, please Murphy, Ebersole or Ripley (in that order).

Please, please, please not Catherine Zeta Jones.

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#65Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 10:00pm

Well that leaves out Julie Andrews I guess.

CurtainPullDowner
#66Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 10:04pm

Of the three Henrik mentioned, Ripley I don't see so much, Murphy would of course be sublime but Ebersole is the most interesting and the voice I wanna hear when I'm sitting outside the Delacorte everynight smokin' a doobee.

#67Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 11:42pm

it's certainly one of those three Updated On: 4/4/12 at 11:42 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#68Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 11:45pm

double post Updated On: 4/4/12 at 11:45 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#69Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/3/12 at 11:45pm

I really like Murphy, but (if true) it's really such an unexciting choice for this type of event. Then again, she blew me away in ANYONE CAN WHISTLE.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#70Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/4/12 at 12:13am

At first I thought of Murphy as a rather standard ho hum choice, but then I actually started imagining her in the role, especially in light of her work in Tangled, and I fell in love with the idea. I think, on top of everything else, she would be genuinely frightening.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#71Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/4/12 at 1:04am

Murphy would be simply brilliant as the Witch, I'd be elated if she was picked and accepted the role.
Amy Adams is just an incredibly inspired choice, she's so versatile, much more than people realize. She's also really charismatic and has great presence, she always surprises me with every one of her films, she never fails to give a fully fleshed out, completely fresh performance, she's going to make a fantastic Baker's Wife. What an exciting production this is turning out to be!

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

CurtainPullDowner
#72Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/4/12 at 1:53am

I ask again: has anyone seen Amy on the Stage?

Owen22
#73Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/4/12 at 6:18am

For those who don't know the concept of this particular production, she sorta plays two roles...and she will be perfect and poignant as both...

random person 112
#74Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
Posted: 4/4/12 at 6:22am

She did a lot of dinner theater in atlanta when she was younger if that helps at all Curtain.