pixeltracker

Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?- Page 18

Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?

dtzumbrunnen Profile Photo
dtzumbrunnen
#425Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 5/29/12 at 10:26pm

Very excited to see this tonight. The NY performance was one of the most amazing theatrical experiences I've had. Can't wait to see how this compares!

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#426Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 5/30/12 at 10:38pm

How's the stage door been lately? who all comes out and how are they about signing and posing for pictures. I'm espcially curious of Paige, who was always 50 50 when it came to coming out in NY

Darreyl with an L!

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#427Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/2/12 at 12:19pm

I'll be there again tonight

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#428Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/2/12 at 12:25pm

I'm jealous!

TheatreDiva90016
#429Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/2/12 at 12:30pm

What's the word on the contest? Who won?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#430Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/2/12 at 12:30pm

Someone who wasn't me!

TheatreDiva90016
#431Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/2/12 at 12:43pm

Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#432Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/2/12 at 10:16pm

I found an audio of Colleen going on for Jan.
Could I leave you.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#433Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/2/12 at 10:22pm

^ I was at the performance. It was during Jan's van accident. Colleen was decent, but couldn't even come close to Jan. She seemed under-rehearsed.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#434Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/2/12 at 10:25pm

Is it just me or did she stop during the song?

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#435Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/2/12 at 10:26pm

Yup, she forgot the lyric for a second.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#436Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/3/12 at 1:03pm

Hotel and Flight booked...Who's going on Thursday June 7th?

Updated On: 6/3/12 at 01:03 PM

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#437Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/3/12 at 1:27pm

Maybe

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Wildcard
#438Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/3/12 at 5:43pm

I'll be seeing it again on Thursday

Alec3
#439Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/5/12 at 10:18am

I'm seeing the show Sat night!..
From out of town...Any guys want to meet
Before or after for a drink?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#440Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/5/12 at 10:53am

I'm so envious of all of you who are flying out to see it! Enjoy!

f13overture Profile Photo
f13overture
#441Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/5/12 at 4:47pm

Hey, I'm going again on thursday too!
Do you think there will be HotTix left this close to the end of the run?

Brian Byrne
#442Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/5/12 at 4:52pm

Was there last evening. Audience response was rapturous. Sat behind a cheering and sobbing Holland Taylor, and saw Noah Wylie buy a souvenier program! The show is in better shape than ever, I think I'll have to go once more this weekend.

decotodd
#443Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/5/12 at 7:49pm

I'm going back on Saturday evening for the closing night. Saw it last week (took out of town visitor) and was just blown away at how the performers have grown into the roles. Victoria Clark was mesmerizing in LOSING MY MIND, just gorgeous interpretation, and the others were on fire. Cant' wait to see it again. Wonder if the produces spring for private plane to take the nominees to NYC for the Tonys on Sunday? Probably too late in the evening for a commercial flight unless they flew out first thing in the morning

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#444Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/5/12 at 10:10pm

So glad to hear they're not running out of steam as they wind down this run. I don't get to see them until closing night.

decotodd - you may have missed it, but earlier in the thread we referenced a couple of articles about Tony night. Danny is performing "Buddy's Blues" on the Tonys. He's being introduced by Bernadette. Ron, Jan and Jane are also scheduled to fly out for the ceremony (though not as performers).

show2n2 Profile Photo
show2n2
#445Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/6/12 at 12:36am

I went to see the Sun Mat on May 27 and the stage door was amazing. Everyone came out after the show and we met Terri White, Jan Maxwell, Elaine Paige and saw the entire cast. We actually arrived early to find the stage door before the show and watched everyone go in to the theater. They were all so gracious and even took pics. The show was pretty amazing. The highlights for me were: Victoria Clark and Ron Raines singing Too Many Mornings. When she hit those high notes it literally took my breath away. Jan Maxwell from start to finish. Wow. Truly a production I will never forget.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#446Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/6/12 at 2:09am

Hey folks - about what time should the 8pm show on Saturday night get out? Making late dinner reservations for after the show.

Wicked Fanatic Profile Photo
Wicked Fanatic
#447Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/6/12 at 3:01am

Horse Tears It should be out by 10:20 pm.

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#448Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/6/12 at 4:36am

Saw the show tonight (Tues.) and it was immensely better than back in May, and that was terrific. Victoria was rapturous and and Jan was on fire. The entire cast was fantastic, garnering long and loving applause, especially Mirror, Mirror and I'm Still Here. Sadly, Danny Burstein was out tonight, so I won't get to see his brilliance again in this show. Mary Beth Peil said after the show that they thought he had allergies, but apparently it's a bad throat thing, so good thoughts for DB to recover, if not for the rest of the run, then in time for the Tony's (so he can give a proper acceptance speech!)

The man who went on tonight as Buddy, who's name escapes me (Joseph something I think) did a decent job in the role. During curtain call the cast cheered him on and seemed pleased he 'survived." Nice full house too, and on a Tuesday!

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#449Anyone seeing FOLLIES in LA tonight?
Posted: 6/6/12 at 4:36am

Thanks, WF!