News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Forbidden Broadway is returning!

Forbidden Broadway is returning!

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#1Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 1:53pm

Good news!
Forbidden Broadway

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#2Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 2:04pm

This is awesome news! I saw it once in 2006, I think. from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Ed_Mottershead
#2Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 2:11pm

I always loved their shows. Great to hear that it's coming back!

BroadwayEd

ChildrenwillListen
#3Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 2:16pm

YAY! Finally some good Broadway news! I've always wanted to see a Forbidden Broadway show!

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#4Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 2:16pm

YAY!!!!!! I've missed it so much.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#5Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 2:32pm

Just hope they don't spend TOO much time making too-easy Spider-Man jokes; making fun of that show has already been done to death. (though I know they'll have a great take on it)

FindingNamo
#6Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 2:34pm

It's a bright and hopeful day on the Corner!

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#7Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 2:44pm

I would love it if Christine Pedi was magically available to do this.

Gothampc
#8Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 2:53pm

This is great.

Years ago I saw Gerry Alessandrini in Footlight Records. I glanced over at the records he was looking at because I'm sure he was researching his next edition of Forbidden Broadway.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#9Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 2:55pm

Somewhere Corine peed herself just a tad.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

once a month Profile Photo
once a month
#10Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 3:33pm

Now this is a show I'm looking forward to! I found it at Palsons (?sp)Supper Club eons ago, and this will make my 6th visit. Always such a fun evening!

Pammylicious Profile Photo
Pammylicious
#11Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 3:42pm

I remember their spoof of Light in the Piazza. I seriously peed my pants from it.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#12Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 3:53pm

Corine is already calling and demanding comps.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#13Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 4:05pm

Can't wait to see what they do with the Mormons!

I know you. I know you. I know you.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#14Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 4:14pm

Just hope they don't spend TOO much time making too-easy Spider-Man jokes; making fun of that show has already been done to death. (though I know they'll have a great take on it)

I admit that it's not very original, but I was listening to the FB Cleans Up its Act album the other day and I thought that they wouldn't need to change many of the lyrics to "Can You Feel the Pain Tonight" to make it work for Spider-Man.

I hate Julie Taymor.
She doesn't have a clue...

Can you feel the pain tonight?
The cracking bones,
The tearing cartilage
Kills all living things.
etc.

Updated On: 5/10/12 at 04:14 PM

bwaylvsong
#15Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 4:16pm

Woohoo! I never got to see the "original" live bit have listened to most of the CDs and love them. I can't wait to finally see it!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#16Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 4:20pm

Very glad to hear it!

I worked a couple of years at Palsson's Supper Club, where the show first ran, back in the mid-'80s. It was still fairly new. I waited tables and even ran the FB box office a few times. Such good memories ...

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Ejm105989 Profile Photo
Ejm105989
#17Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 4:48pm

Sweet!

FindingNamo
#18Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/10/12 at 11:34pm

Corine's been so depressed since the show closed. I hope they talked to her first so she could get the scoop, and that we'll see her around here more now.

Jonwo
#19Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/11/12 at 12:16am

Never mind Spider-Man, Leap of Faith will be ripped to shred by Forbidden Broadway.

I loved FB's Disney parodies especially Beauty's been Decreased and Can You Feel the Pain Tonight and Circle of Mice. Hope they do a good parody of Newsies but nothing can beat The Light in the Piazza spoof.

FindingNamo
#20Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/11/12 at 12:17am

They tend to do more with shows that had long runs or are still running.

Matt2 Profile Photo
Matt2
#21Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/11/12 at 1:05am

I've only recently found this legendary Corine and her, um, shall I say interesting Corner here on BWW. And I gotta say that I don't know how I managed to live without her before. She just leaves you (and her interviewees it seems) speechless... just for all the wrong reasons. So sad I came to this board too late to really get in on the wonderful wackiness. The message board must have been just a treat to come to!

Updated On: 5/11/12 at 01:05 AM

voteforsaraberry Profile Photo
voteforsaraberry
#22Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/11/12 at 7:30am

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/165819-New-Edition-of-Forbidden-Broadway-With-Spoofs-of-Newsies-Once-Mormon-Spider-Man-Will-Begin-in-July

"The new edition will include spoofs of Ghost The Musical, Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, Once, Newsies, Nice Work If You Can Get It, Jesus Christ Superstar, Godspell, Evita, The Gershwins’ Porgy and Bess, Follies, End Of The Rainbow, Clybourne Park, Other Desert Cities, Death of a Salesman, The Book of Mormon, Anything Goes, Sister Act and more"

I'm really way too excited about this.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#23Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/11/12 at 7:41am

Still no official word from CoCo?

Has anyone heard from her?? I fear she's fallen and she can't get up...

broadwayjim42
#24Forbidden Broadway is returning!
Posted: 5/11/12 at 8:03am

A lot of the cast was involved in "Newsical The Musical," but were most of the writers and composers as well? Have seen various incarnations of FB and have mostly loved them, but I thought "Newiscal," save for Christine Pedi's Liza, was awful.

Videos