pixeltracker

Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE- Page 2

Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#25Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/24/12 at 2:47pm

I am thinking the bottom pile of tickets must be for scalpers. I just found a seating chart and looked at where the guy with us got seats. Not as good as ours. My tickets and my co-workers tickets are next to each other.

Also meant to add that a nearby deli hands out their menu. You can call and they will deliver the food to you in line. They are much cheaper than the Delacorte food being sold.

This morning some people from the New York Times were there passing out the novel "Summerland" by Elin Hilderbrand to everyone in line. Hardback copies.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 7/24/12 at 02:47 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#26Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/24/12 at 2:53pm

The complaining thing, dramamama.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#27Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/24/12 at 2:59pm

Yeah, someone ahead of us got their tickets and yelled out "I sat for six hours and this is what I get"?

I am just happy that I will be inside the Delacorte this evening. And the set is on multi levels so the higher seats will probably be fine for this production.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#28Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/24/12 at 3:18pm

Honestly, there aren't really any truly bad seats in the Delacorte.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#29Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/24/12 at 3:21pm

That's what I was thinking.

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#30Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/24/12 at 3:32pm

uncageg - where did you find a seating chart?! link?

ghostlight2
#31Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/24/12 at 3:38pm

"The complaining thing, dramamama."

And here I thought it was the Kyle thing, Kad :)

Seriously, though, it's true. Every year people have some complaint about this free show. It boggles my mind.

mar97
broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#33Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/24/12 at 3:43pm

oh! btw, meant to say that I entered lotto and lost, but my friend entered and she won, so we're going!! thrilled beyond belief. I've entered a ton of times and never won!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#34Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/24/12 at 3:55pm

Thanks mar97. I should have posted the link.

Just something that I forgot to share...after the park got busy, people were allowed on the grass. However you couldn't move your blankets and chairs onto the grass. Some people had air mattresses!

Have to say, I already have goosebumps. This is my first time seeing a show at the Delacorte and I am extremely excited! Will post my thoughts when I get back.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#35Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/24/12 at 3:57pm

Quote:
I am thinking the bottom pile of tickets must be for scalpers.

Uncageg, how would the people giving out the tickets behind the counter be able to spot the scalpers? They would just be waiting on line like everyone else, right? Just curious.

Congrats to all who got tickets! Please post your reviews after the show!

Updated On: 7/24/12 at 03:57 PM

ghostlight2
#36Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/24/12 at 3:57pm

Oh, you'll love it. Can't wait to hear about your experience, uncageg.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#37Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/24/12 at 4:07pm

mac, I really hate to say this but by looks. There were some people in that line that you knew were not going to see the show tonight. They were towards the front and sleeping on cardboard.

ghostlight2, I hope I do! I think I will! From what I saw of the rehearsal I am excited.

BWayFanatic Profile Photo
BWayFanatic
#38Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/24/12 at 4:07pm

Has anyone ever tried the 5 borough distribution? I've never heard anything about it, but I assume it must be a little less crowded, no?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#39Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/24/12 at 4:14pm

mac, they are dicussing it in the other thread on the show.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#40Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/24/12 at 5:37pm

i too would like any info about the 5 borough lines, but can't find any info in the other thread.

Updated On: 7/24/12 at 05:37 PM

FANtomFollies
#40Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/24/12 at 6:13pm

double post

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#41Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/24/12 at 6:16pm

Is there a certain time that the standby line begins forming?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#42Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/24/12 at 6:37pm

^^^ LIke everything else concerning this show, the earlier, the better! There probably won't be too many tickets available for standby except on those days the weather forecast is for thunderstorms.

dtzumbrunnen Profile Photo
dtzumbrunnen
#43Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 6:38am

7/25 morning report: At 5:58 am the line outside CPW stretched just a little past 83rd street.

Edit: Updated date! :-/
Updated On: 7/25/12 at 06:38 AM

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#44Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 7:20am

At 5:15 there were 60 people in line (about a third of which were homeless). Once inside the park at 6:30 there were about 200 people in line.

To answer someone's question from the other thread, you are not allowed to switch out with someone in line for part of the time. Also you apparently aren't allowed to smoke in line or out of the line. The guy said you will be kicked out if he smells smoke on you. Seems like a bad deal for smokers.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#45Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 10:02am

I decided to randomly just check in on the stand by line yesterday around 4:00 PM and there were only 13 people on line! Around 7:45 the guy told us that we have about a 10% chance of getting in. We got tickets around 8:07 and we weren't let in for another 10 minutes so I missed the first 15 minutes or so but I was just happy to get in. Really enjoyed the show, now I have to go back to see what happens in the first 15 minutes!

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#46Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 10:35am

I walked past the line on the way to an appointment around 8:30 this morning and it was about parallel with the northern edge of the Great Lawn.

FANtomFollies
#47Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 10:40am

anyone have any info about the tix in the Boroughs? Would I have a chance if i went over now? They are distributing tix today at Museo del Barrio on the east side...

anothervodkastinger2 Profile Photo
anothervodkastinger2
#48Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 11:23am

My boyfriend won the online lottery yesterday (which I honestly thought was a ploy) and we ended up getting better seats than some friends who got in line at 5 am.