pixeltracker

Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE- Page 3

Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#50Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 12:39pm

Regarding the smoking. Yes the guy did say that. I am a smoker and I really had no problem with it. The time flew by so fast.

Also, after seeing the show I would say that there really isn't a bad seat in the house. If I had to choose where not to sit I would say in the first few rows far left. We were up in Section H Row R and it was perfect.

Just give the world Love.

stevenycguy
#51Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 12:51pm

Usually (don't know why, for such a lengthy show) they always start 10 minutes late at 8:10pm. What was the excuse why they couldn't seat you at 8:07pm? Did your ticket have a big "standby" stamped on it ?

kyle4
#52Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 12:52pm

i won tickets on the VIRTUAL LINE yesterday....

and (honestly) i ALWAYS have luck with the VIRTUAL LINE...

here is what i do... i set a reminder on my phone at 12 30 am EVERY DAY... at that time, i send in my VIRTUAL REQUEST...

i pretty much ALWAYS have success within a week of doing that... usually early in the week...

just my TIP !!! good luck !!!

ip.s. i LOOOOOOOOOVED the show... it is TRULY special....

here are my thoughts on the FIRST PREVIEW >>>

http://thetheaterbuff.typepad.com/the-theater-buff/2012/07/into-the-woods-first-preview-thoughts-1.html

WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO KNOW?!!!!!

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#53Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 12:53pm

Kyle4, I'd worry more about your relationship with punctuation than the virtual line.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

kyle4
#54Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 12:57pm

i'm not worried about my relationship with the VIRTUAL LINE...

we have the COOLEST relationship !!!

thank you for you input, kelly !!!

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#55Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 12:58pm

I really genuinely don't understand why anything in this world could warrant three exclamation points. Maybe if Aaron Sorkin wrote another play. That's all though.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

kyle4
#56Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 1:04pm

you're HOT !!!

you're BEAUTIFUL !!!

and you are going to have a GREAT day, kelly !!!!!!!!!

those are my thoughts... and my wish... for YOU !!!

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#57Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 2:10pm

I would like to make a comment about the scalpers because I actually got the chance to see the entire thing play out.

There were people in front of me in line that were clearly not interested in the show (i.e. homeless or close to it). I happened to be leaving the park at the same time as two of them were going over to a sketchy looking man at a computer who they gave the tickets to and he gave them $50 total. He was feverishly working to, I assume, post the listing on CL. I think it's interesting that these people waited more than 9 hours for $25 and that sketchball is going to make way more than that selling 4 tickets.

I don't know what I expect to come from telling this story but I feel like there should be rules put in place to keep this from happening when there are people willing to wait that long and actually want to see the show.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#58Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 2:27pm

And I see on Craigslist that people are charging anywhere from $45 to $60 a seat, and maybe more. Assuming those are even genuine.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#59Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 2:31pm

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot the Public can do. The shows in the park actually do have regular attendees that appear to be homeless, who come every summer and genuinely enjoy the productions.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#60Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 2:33pm

The Public does request that Craigslist remove the listings whenever they see them and Craigslist generally complies. Beyond that, the only way to really police it is to catch someone in the act. As Kad wrote, it's unfair and inaccurate to assume that someone who is or appears to be homeless is not going to be seeing the show. The show is free, don't forget. People with extremely limited means definitely could enjoy getting free entertainment.

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#61Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 2:33pm

Clyde, with all of the rules we have to follow while waiting in line and with them monitoring the line, it surprises me that they don't have some of those monitors or someone working for them not in a work tee follow these people and possibly have a policeman ready to nab them. Seems it would be so easy to do. Just my thought.

Just give the world Love.

broadwaydevil
#62Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 2:35pm

^Can the police nab them? Not sure it's actually a crime...someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Most likely, their best recourse would be just to invalidate the tickets.

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#63Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 2:35pm

Couldn't they write your name on the tix and check ID upon entering the theater?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#64Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 2:46pm

Sadly, scalping is NOT illegal in NYC, provided it's not over 5% of the ticket price.

Since these tickets are free, people are, instead, paying for the "service" of someone standing in line for them.

FANtom- unfortunately, checking IDs at the Delacorte gates would be too time consuming. And then there are instances of someone suddenly being unable to attend and passing their ticket off to a friend.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#65Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 2:54pm

I thought Schumer got rid of the percentage over face value policy and scalping was free game now?

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#66Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 3:03pm

"Can the police nab them? Not sure it's actually a crime...someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Most likely, their best recourse would be just to invalidate the tickets."

No, not a crimes -- and due to recent legislation, it is ok to jack up the price as you will -- but all theater tickets are voidable licenses that can be revoked, essentially, at any time. In the case of a show you pay for, a ticket holder would be entitled to receive their money back. In this case, the tickets are free (whether you are waiting in line or donating) so they can be revoked without the need to compensate their holder.

That said, I think Public-peoplez could follow out suspected scalpers and revoke there entrance on the spot. Logistically though, this could be *very* difficult.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#67Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 3:17pm

After some quick Westlaw research (this post is not to be trusted for legal advice!)..it looks like the law was extended until May 14, 2013.

I could be wrong, though and would be happy to stand corrected. Criminal law is not my general area of law.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#68Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 3:27pm

The Public does try its hardest to nab scalpers, but as you said,it's very difficult. Seat locations are already randomized and the tickets are as state of the art as they can be.

pli1018
#69Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 4:11pm

For those who were asking, apparently the Museo del Barrio had handed out all their vouchers by 1:30PM. The line was much more bearable than the park according to a friend who was there.

Pedro Filho Profile Photo
Pedro Filho
#70Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/25/12 at 9:34pm

is there wi-fi in Central Park? I know some locations have it, but can you access it from the line?

I only want variety--notoriety!

keb2 Profile Photo
keb2
#71Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/26/12 at 12:13am

Got there a little before 8, didn't even get a voucher (before the Rock of Despair or whatever it's called). I guess there were fewer seats available to average Joes today (or at least to the people in line) because it was Manhattan's day and there were a lot of friends of the production who'd reserved tickets in advance.

Stuck around for the standby line, ended up being around 20th for that (behind the 38 vouchers who showed up and could claim 76 tickets). The cutoff for the standby line was a few people behind me, but I ended up making it in after the opening number—and to great seats, too!

Public staff were recommending people arrive around 6 if they really want a ticket. Also, no surprise here, but they're expecting this weekend, and all weekends, to be particularly insane.

ETA: There is wifi if you're close enough to the Delacorte—but unless you're SUPER early, you probably won't be close enough to get it.

Updated On: 7/26/12 at 12:13 AM

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#72Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/26/12 at 12:39am

Are these "line sitters" on craigslist legit? Has anyone had any experience with them?

I only ask because my friend and I are going to come into the city for a day or two, but don't know if we will arrive early enough to get in line.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#73Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/26/12 at 10:09am

Random, but I've read in other threads about Shakespeare in the Park in the past that some places will actually do food delivery to you in line. Does anyone remember what some of them were?

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

broadwaydevil
#74Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
Posted: 7/26/12 at 10:11am

Andy's Deli. They will come by to pass out menus or you can look them up online.