clybourne park or the best man?

raladony2 Profile Photo
raladony2
#1clybourne park or the best man?
Posted: 8/15/12 at 4:57pm

hey guys, looking for your opinion, which is best, or more fun of the two?? any suggestions and opinions appreciated.. thanks, aj

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#2clybourne park or the best man?
Posted: 8/15/12 at 5:11pm

THE BEST MAN, handily.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#2clybourne park or the best man?
Posted: 8/15/12 at 5:11pm

Agreed

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#3clybourne park or the best man?
Posted: 8/15/12 at 5:13pm

I enjoyed both a lot though I know many here aren't fans of Clybourne Park.

I don't really think you can go wrong with either but The Best Man has had some cast replacements while Clybourne Park's original cast is mostly still in place. I haven't seen the replacements in either show but that is something to consider.

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#4clybourne park or the best man?
Posted: 8/15/12 at 5:20pm

If you're looking for the most fun, The Best Man is definitely that. (And the new cast is even better than the first, IMO) Your future regional production of Clybourne Park will probably be just as good as what's currently on Broadway.

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."
Updated On: 8/15/12 at 05:20 PM

AlfieByrne
#5clybourne park or the best man?
Posted: 8/15/12 at 5:23pm

The original cast of Clybourne Park isn't a "must see," possibly because (IMO) none of the parts really stand out. It's an ensemble piece. And this particular ensemble is not out of the ordinary. Something I'd expect out of a regional/community theater. I'd much prefer to read the script than pay any amount of money to see it.

I thoroughly enjoyed the performances in The Best Man.

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#6clybourne park or the best man?
Posted: 8/15/12 at 5:28pm

Disagree with the above

Clybourne Park is a great new play.
Best Men.. while good was a bit old fashioned and formulaic and doesnt compare with Clybourne Park.. IMO

I suppose which you will enjoy better depends on you.
If you want to see stars.. Best Man is a better choice.
If you want to see new and vibrant theatre with a top notch cast
Clybourne Park wins.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#7clybourne park or the best man?
Posted: 8/15/12 at 5:34pm

I wouldn't call either great or "fun" at all.

Go see ONE MAN, TWO GUVNORS instead. Great. And tons of fun! Although it's closing next month so maybe you're visiting after it closes.

raladony2 Profile Photo
raladony2
#8clybourne park or the best man?
Posted: 8/15/12 at 5:45pm

yes, i saw one man, two guvnors and loved it! a friend of mine told me about clybourne park and said it was great... i guess i will research a little more and read some reviews..lol.. anyways, thanks for your opinion, appreciate it.. clybourne park or the best man?

lenstersf
#9clybourne park or the best man?
Posted: 8/15/12 at 6:16pm

I enjoyed The Best Man more than Clybourne Park...but I think a big part of that was seeing James Earl Jones and Angela Lansbury.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#10clybourne park or the best man?
Posted: 8/15/12 at 10:12pm

Best Man even though I had no use @ all for Vidal.

Poster Emeritus

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#11clybourne park or the best man?
Posted: 8/15/12 at 10:30pm

I didn't see The Best Man but I did see Claybourne Park and thought it was a bit full of itself. For me it was trying to make you feel that you just saw something really important. JMO

Just give the world Love.

grumpyoptimist
#12clybourne park or the best man?
Posted: 8/16/12 at 12:05am

I liked both shows, but since you did in part ask which was "more fun", I'd definitely recommend Best Man (although I saw it with the first cast) for you. Clybourne Park is a pretty heavy think piece with some humor sprinkled in, Best Man is essentially political satire. FWIW, I made the exact opposite recommendation to someone I met in my hotel lounge who had asked me "which was more meaningful". All depends on what you're looking for.

Videos