pixeltracker

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 8

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

nasty_khakis
#175Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/26/13 at 6:21pm

I personally don't mind a younger Baker and Baker's Wife, but 22 is a BIT of a stretch to be desperate/worried for a child. As wonderful as Jennifer Lawrence is...

beautywickedlover
#176Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/26/13 at 6:52pm

Two other former Fiyeros from 'Wicked', who have experience in film and television as well, are Andy Karl and Sebastian Arcelus. They would also be great choices for the Princes.

kieranbec Profile Photo
kieranbec
#177Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/26/13 at 7:21pm

I only thought of this after the Oscars' Original Song category because until then I had forgotten that she could sing, but Scarlett Johansson would be an excellent choice for the Baker's Wife.

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#178Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/26/13 at 8:12pm

What about Seth Mcfarlane for the baker or one of the princes? I thought he was amazing at the oscars.

I'm also obsessed with the thought of Sutton Foster as the Baker's Wife, and also Bailey Buntain, the blonde girl from Bunheads, would be perfect for Little Red.

gabrieljwickedone Profile Photo
gabrieljwickedone
#179Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/26/13 at 9:00pm

I think Kate Winslet would be a great Baker's Wife.

And I've been saying Anne Hathaway for Cinderella for a long time, but I've changed my mind since Les Mis.

Princeton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
#180Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/27/13 at 2:23am

Matt Bomer and James Marsden for the princes?

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#181Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/27/13 at 2:38am

I'm not sure if I could handle Rebel Wilson and Melissa McCarthy in the same film. My body might explode from laughter.

My top choices for Baker's Wife:
Kristen Wiig
Jennifer Lawrence
Melissa McCarthy
Casey Wilson
Julie Bowen

If Anna Kendrick was not Cinderella, I'd really like to see Emma Watson if she could sing it. What about Daniel Radcliffe as Jack? Also, Zac Efron and Matt Bomer as the princes.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#182Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/27/13 at 5:27pm

Actually the stars of this film should be young because in the past time that these fairy tales are set in people didn't live past like 40 or 50 and married and had children much younger, like when they were 17 or 18, right?

Also, the Baker's sister is Rapunzel and she is very young I believe (isn't it stated somewhere she is 18?), so the Baker who was "no more than a babe" when his family moved into the cottage next to the witch, would not be that much older than Rapunzel when they had her. Updated On: 2/27/13 at 05:27 PM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#183Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/27/13 at 5:39pm

But who the hell cares about two newly married people in their early twenties who haven't had a kid yet? The stakes are too low.

EDIT: For what it's worth, Joanna Gleason was 35 and Chip Zien was 38.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 2/27/13 at 05:39 PM

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#184Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/27/13 at 9:53pm

But they wouldn't be newlyweds, they would be people who had been married for a long enough time in those days to be concerned that they hadn't had a child yet. They still would've been trying for years.

I now see the original cast members were a little too old, or their ages should be the definate cutting off point.

Johnnycantdecide Profile Photo
Johnnycantdecide
#185Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/27/13 at 10:16pm

I wish they would consider Josh Gad for The Baker. I feel like he would be really interesting in the role.

beautywickedlover
#186Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/27/13 at 10:18pm

"What about Daniel Radcliffe as Jack?"

In some past threads, that has been brought up. I think he'd be an excellent choice for the role.

bobs3
#187Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/27/13 at 10:46pm

Oh yes, I can see it now! Daniel Radcliffe, who will be 24 years old by the time this movie starts shooting, playing an adolescent boy who has his sexual awakening. (By the way, that's sarcasm, Sheldon!) This isn't an episode of GLEE ya' know!

Updated On: 2/27/13 at 10:46 PM

nasty_khakis
#188Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/27/13 at 10:52pm

Well if Lady Mary and Matthew can be worried about being childless after a year of marriage...

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#189Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/27/13 at 10:56pm

It's a fairy tale, people live as long as the story lets them.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#190Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/28/13 at 1:12am

"What about Seth Mcfarlane for the baker or one of the princes? I thought he was amazing at the oscars. "

Nonononono... Maybe he could be a Prince (though I admit I wouldn't be thrilled), but I've never seen him come off even slightly in person with any of the characteristics he would need to be the Baker.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#191Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/28/13 at 6:53am

I think Nolan Gould (Luke from Modern Family) would be terrific as Jack. Though not a big name, I think Nicole Parker would be ideal as the Baker's Wife. And I'd love to see the Hemsworth brothers as the Princes.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

chris d
#192Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/28/13 at 11:04am

I'd love to see Aubrey Plaza as Little Red and Russell Brand as the Wolf. "Hello Little Girl" would be a SCENE.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#193Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/28/13 at 11:06am

"I wish they would consider Josh Gad for The Baker. I feel like he would be really interesting in the role."

HOW. DARE. YOU.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#194Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/28/13 at 11:19am

I'm with Besty, something is lost when you have a 22 year old complaining about not having children. And I'm not sure what people mean when they say "back then it was common for young people to get married" since the show isn't set in a specific time, it's fantasy.
And Jordan, couldn't agree more with your reaction re Josh Gad. I've convinced myself that Ewan McGregor needs to play the Baker, and how about Todd Holland (a former stage Billy Elliot) as Jack?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Princeton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
#195Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/28/13 at 11:19am

Sheridan Smith as Little Red could work

Updated On: 2/28/13 at 11:19 AM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#196Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/28/13 at 2:10pm

Well if Lady Mary and Matthew can be worried about being childless after a year of marriage...

It isn't how long they've been married, it's the age of the characters. They aren't 21 or 22 hoping desperately to have a child before it's too late.

Even the actors are older. Dan Stevens is 30 and Michelle Dockery is 31. They aren't in their early 20s, and neither are the characters. And it's an "heir" they're worried about producing for Downton's sake, not just "let's try to have a baby." They had a lot of unspoken pressure on them to produce a male heir.

If the Baker and his wife are desperate to have a child at 21 or 22, most movie audiences older than them are going to think they're impatient and overly dramatic. It's not a huge problem at that age.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

bobs3
#197Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/28/13 at 2:22pm

A few weeks ago on an episode of MODERN FAMILY, Nolan Gould sang "Music of the Night". He has a lovely voice and certainly has the comedic chops to play Jack. As I watched the episode I couldn't help but wonder if that was his audition for INTO THE WOODS.

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#198Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/28/13 at 10:34pm

Thanks to this thread, I just fell in love with the idea of Bailey Buntain as Little Red. Can she sing? (Particularly cute if Sutton plays the Baker's Wife).
I'm so in love with the OBC of this show, it's not even normal.

"Nice is different than good."

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#199Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 2/28/13 at 10:34pm

nothing to see here folks

"Nice is different than good."
Updated On: 2/28/13 at 10:34 PM

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!