pixeltracker

How I Met Your Mother big reveal...

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#1How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/13/13 at 8:38pm

After eight years and many teases the mother will FINALLY be revealed. And it will be none other than Once's Cristin Milioti. Great high-profile role for her. Go Cristin!

HIMYM: Cristin

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#2How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/13/13 at 8:42pm

I was literally about to post this!! Not many of my friends knew who she was even though I immediately recognized her! Should be a big role for her next year

rjm516
#2How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/13/13 at 8:44pm

So excited that it's Cristin! She's going to be great.

But so disappointed in this episode! Wasn't it supposed to be B&R's wedding? Lame.

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#3How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/13/13 at 8:51pm

I was BEYOND excited to see her. As many posters pointed out on IMDb, it is possible she's not the mother (she could be another memeber of the mother's band and is bringing her instrument and is borrowing her umbrella) as the creators are known to do stuff like that. But I hope she is- she matches the description (about Lily's size, as they share shoes, she's dark haired, could have clearly been in college in 2008, etc.) and she is a wonderful actress.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#4How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/13/13 at 8:56pm

Thanks for the spoiler alert.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#5How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/13/13 at 9:00pm

What other 'big reveal' could this show have??

Emmaloucbway
#6How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/13/13 at 9:00pm

This is so exciting! They made a great casting choice. Thrilled for Cristin. Can't wait for next season!!

And I agree, I wanted more with the wedding, but alas.... we have to wait for the next season I guess.

SporkGoddess
#7How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/13/13 at 9:36pm

I didn't recognize her but knew as soon as I saw the name. So excited!

Edit: According to the article in the OP, a CBS rep has confirmed it.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
Updated On: 5/13/13 at 09:36 PM

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#8How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/13/13 at 10:22pm

"What other 'big reveal' could this show have??"

They have been advertising the finale and I thought this thread was to discuss it. Not to have the secret revealed with no warning.

If I had wanted to know ahead of time, I would have asked my friend who works on the show.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Jon
#9How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/13/13 at 10:25pm

To me, she'll always be the "very sexy baby" on 30 Rock.

Updated On: 5/13/13 at 10:25 PM

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#10How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/13/13 at 10:30pm

My Girl is.the Girl, again! I recognized those big Bambi eyes at once!

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#11How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/14/13 at 12:45am

I just about freaked out when they revealed it to be her. PERFECT casting and I'm so excited to see how it all plays out.

We already knew the Mother was a musician, but now that it's Cristin, does anyone else want them all to go back to MacLaren's and play some Irish and/or Czech ditties together? Just me? All right...

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#12How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/14/13 at 1:15am

No NOT just you. NOT AT ALL JUST YOU!!!

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#13How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/14/13 at 1:20am

Haha How I Met Your Mother big reveal...

willep
#14How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/14/13 at 3:19am

I was SO excited to see her. And yeah, she is the mother.

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#15How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/14/13 at 9:06am

this is soooo huge.... this has been building up for 6 years on one of the most popular shows of this century.

and it couldnt happen to a nicer sweeter girl.

TheaterDiva, if you didnt want spoilers you shouldnt click on something that says BIG REVEAL!! Daaa-DUUUUH

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#16How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/14/13 at 9:40am

The Josh Profile Photo
The Josh
#17How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/14/13 at 3:25pm

I hadn't notice before, but she kind of looks like a cross between Lily and Robin. Perfect for Ted!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#18How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/14/13 at 5:35pm

I've never watched this show so can someone quickly (if you don't mind) explain what the big deal is here with "the mother"?

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#19How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/14/13 at 5:39pm

The whole first 8 season have been framed by a guy (narrated by Bob Saget and played on screen by Josh Radnor) telling his kids the story of how he met their mother. It's basically been 8 seasons of build up to this.

Updated On: 5/14/13 at 05:39 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#20How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/14/13 at 5:41pm

Thanks! So that's awesome for Cristin! Couldn't happen to a sweeter person.

Jon
#21How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/14/13 at 5:45pm

So she'll most likely be featured all through next season.

Updated On: 5/14/13 at 05:45 PM

picturetaker9211 Profile Photo
picturetaker9211
#22How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/15/13 at 1:45pm

More spoiler stuff on the format of season 9
Vulture: How I Met Your Mother Nightmare Is Coming True

"Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, take the moment & making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."
-Gilda Radner

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#23How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/16/13 at 1:03am

So, basically the final season takes the show's title to heart. I'm fine with this. As it's a show that has implemented time jumps, both forward and backward, and many random anecdotes, I don't see how the overall arc is a "nightmare." It's just a framing device for the season. I mean, this wedding was first introduced a few seasons back.

SporkGoddess
#24How I Met Your Mother big reveal...
Posted: 5/16/13 at 10:17am

That's why it's a nightmare for fans. Barney and Robin's wedding has been the cliffhanger for, like, three seasons now. Just show it already!

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!