#50Dumbest Tony Awards Decisions
Posted: 6/3/13 at 5:40pm

Not nominating Lilla Crawford.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#51Dumbest Tony Awards Decisions
Posted: 6/3/13 at 5:49pm

Once

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#52Dumbest Tony Awards Decisions
Posted: 6/3/13 at 7:04pm

Where do I start?

Not nominating Josh Rhodes for his outstanding work in Cinderella.

Contact.

David Henry Hawng's nomination for best book in Flower Drum Song.... WHAT THE HELL?!!?!?!?! WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!?! WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS THIS!?!?!?!?!

Gypsy Snider for not having her name next to Chet Walker for Pippin because she did most of the work for the show to be revived in the first place.

Follies not winning Best Revival of a Musical last year. A dumb mistake for Paulus's least liked work to get the award. Pippin's upcoming win does make up for it.

Yeah the cruise thing.... I won't say anything that has already been said.

Billy Porter and Bertie Carvel to compete for Best Leading Actor in a Musical is beyond the universe retarded.

There you go.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#53Dumbest Tony Awards Decisions
Posted: 6/3/13 at 8:53pm

"Wicked is clearly the superior musical. Avenue Q is great but WICKED is on a whole other level."

Um...exactly, why?

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#54Dumbest Tony Awards Decisions
Posted: 6/3/13 at 10:18pm

The mash-up of Stockard Channing singing "Bewitched..."/Aaron Tveitt singing "I'm Alive."

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Plum
#55Dumbest Tony Awards Decisions
Posted: 6/3/13 at 10:25pm

Oh, are we still pretending that Avenue Q and Wicked weren't both left in the dust by Caroline, or Change? Heh.

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#56Dumbest Tony Awards Decisions
Posted: 6/4/13 at 9:32am

Contact!

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#57Dumbest Tony Awards Decisions
Posted: 6/4/13 at 10:20am

Nominating LEAP OF FAITH for Best Musical

Nikki M. James winning over Laura Benanti (Still fuming about that one)

Steve Kazee winning over Danny Burstein and Audra McDonald winning over Jan Maxwell Superstar

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Princeton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
#58Dumbest Tony Awards Decisions
Posted: 6/4/13 at 10:37am

To the person who said about Into The Woods vs Phantom, Phantoms score maybe iconic now, but at the time it was just new

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#59Dumbest Tony Awards Decisions
Posted: 6/4/13 at 4:25pm

For me it was Jersey Boys beating Drowsy Chaperone. I'm still mad about that!

(FWIW, I was thrilled when Avenue Q beat Wicked. I enjoyed Wicked a lot but thought Avenue Q was just brilliant.)

Wilmingtom
#60Dumbest Tony Awards Decisions
Posted: 6/4/13 at 5:58pm

To the poster using the word "retarded," not nice. Here's Ben Wright, the original Jack in ITW, and his thoughts on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8vfZgQyT48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPlyMkWulx8

Get with the program, dude.

b-way obsessed
#61Dumbest Tony Awards Decisions
Posted: 6/10/13 at 12:51pm

Macbeth not being nominated for Sound Design is the dumbest decision this season I think. I mean, I haven't seen the other plays in that category, but I can't imagine them having better sound than Macbeth.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#62Dumbest Tony Awards Decisions
Posted: 6/10/13 at 1:57pm

True Colors during the In Memorium. Of all the musical theatre songs to choose from- including those written by people who passed away- they pick this? The same tired song Cyndi Lauper carts out for all her guest appearances on bad TV shows?

It's pretty sad that the Oscars did a better job honoring Marvin Hamlisch than the Tonys.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#63Dumbest Tony Awards Decisions
Posted: 6/10/13 at 2:08pm

I thought True Colors was a great choice. The theater tends to attract people who are very unique and the song celebrates each person's uniqueness and individuality. I see nothing wrong with that.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#64Dumbest Tony Awards Decisions
Posted: 6/10/13 at 2:48pm

You're stretching so much you look like Bloomberg next to Sigourney Weaver.

There were countless more appropriate song choices for the Tony Awards.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

broadwayfreak4 Profile Photo
broadwayfreak4
#65Dumbest Tony Awards Decisions
Posted: 6/10/13 at 2:56pm

Kinky Boots winning over Matilda.

WickedAwesome
#66Dumbest Tony Awards Decisions
Posted: 6/10/13 at 3:02pm

4 Matildas getting a special award. They're great and talented kids but it was more like a pity award for not being nominated because they're kids. At least give Lilla one as well.