pixeltracker

Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW- Page 3

Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#50Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/28/13 at 7:47pm

Wow, I don't think I've ever enjoyed a revival's recording better than the original - this is a first. What an amazing job and cast. Morning Glow is astounding.

defygravity24 Profile Photo
defygravity24
#51Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/28/13 at 7:51pm

I might have missed something, but what is with the people who are in "No Time at All"? Was there some sort of contest or something I'm just not aware of?

somethingbypuccini 2 Profile Photo
somethingbypuccini 2
#52Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/28/13 at 7:57pm

Rachel Bay Jones sounds really really wonderful. Possibly my favorite performance on the recording.

jnb9872 Profile Photo
jnb9872
#53Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/28/13 at 8:04pm

I think I'm a rare case who generally prefers revival recordings because, as an audiophile, I usually prefer the higher-quality engineering and production (usually-reduced arrangements be damned), so it's great having this score preserved in a much better recording than the original. Still don't love the songs, but at least I can hear these songs in a much more palatable soundscape.

Haven't listened to it all yet, but I don't think it'll knock the CINDERELLA recording from my perch of favorite cast album this year (so far... here's hoping the HARDBODY recording comes up aces.)

Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#54Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/28/13 at 8:09pm

Jnb9872, I'm the same way about revival recordings. Lol.

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#55Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/28/13 at 8:11pm

Morning Glow has me addicted!! I can't even begin to explain how obsessed I am with that song right now.

Joviedamian
#56Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/28/13 at 8:11pm

You can actually purchase MAGIC TO DO on ITUNES as we speak. I just bought it...I will buy the rest next week when it comes out!

slmlbl Profile Photo
slmlbl
#57Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/28/13 at 8:18pm

Saw the show in Cambridge. I thought i remembered 'I guess i'll miss the man' starting acappella ? Am I just remembering wrong or did this changeon B'way or in the studio? That was one of my fave moments of the show.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#58Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/28/13 at 10:26pm

I have listened to this way too many times today.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#59Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/28/13 at 10:34pm

> I might have missed something, but what is with the people who are in "No Time at All"? Was there some sort of contest or something I'm just not aware of?

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/PIPPIN-Offers-Fans-a-Chance-to-Record-No-Time-at-All-With-Andrea-Martin-20130502

A lot of folks commented about their experience here:
https://bwwclassicalworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1059499

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#60Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/28/13 at 11:27pm

Wow this, along with CINDERELLA have got to be some of the best Broadway cast recordings I have heard in my life. Morning Glow, Magic to Do, with both Andrea Martin and Rachel Bay Jones's own songs really makes me want to repeat them over and over again. I really admire the new orchestrations which makes a wonderful score feel new again, even though Danny Troob is going to steal the Tony for his beautiful work on CINDERELLA.

HANDS ON A HARDBODY sure as hell better live up to these two magnificent albums which have become my favorites of the year.

rclocalz Profile Photo
rclocalz
#61Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/28/13 at 11:32pm

Hey guys, Ghostlight Records had my production company put together a music video for "Magic to Do" from clips we shot from the cast recording session. Perez Hilton released it on their site today as an exclusive. Hope you all like it!
"Magic to Do" Music Video

http://www.glamsmash.com/ - Glamsmash Productions, a video production company in the heart of New York City

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#62Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/28/13 at 11:57pm

Great video. Thanks for sharing!

rclocalz Profile Photo
rclocalz
#63Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/29/13 at 12:08am

Thanks! We had a blast at the recording session, hopefully more videos to come!

http://www.glamsmash.com/ - Glamsmash Productions, a video production company in the heart of New York City

gchris11
#64Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/29/13 at 12:12am

That Video was AWESOME!!!!!

HoldThatThought Profile Photo
HoldThatThought
#65Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/29/13 at 10:43am

Love the video - thanks for sharing! Any chance this will be included with the iTunes download?

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#66Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/29/13 at 11:22am

I am in love with this recording. Going to Amazon later today and pre-ordering it.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#67Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/29/13 at 11:58am

LOVE the video but leave it up to Perez to present erroneous information. "This iconic production is the MOST nominated show of the 2013 Tonys…" While it is the most nominated of the season, it is not the most nominated of the Tonys.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#68Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/29/13 at 1:01pm

Does anyone know if Orion Griffiths ever sings anything solo? Can I hear him on the cast album or is he always just singing with the ensemble?

rclocalz Profile Photo
rclocalz
#69Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/29/13 at 2:05pm

Orion just sings with the ensemble on the recording.

Pippin just put the music video on their YouTube page if you don't want to venture over to PerezHilton.com, lol:

"Magic to Do" Music Video

kieranbec Profile Photo
kieranbec
#70Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/29/13 at 4:07pm

I love the new harmonies in "Love Song." Absolutely obsessed with Rachel Bay Jones's voice.

Updated On: 5/29/13 at 04:07 PM

eatlasagna
#71Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/30/13 at 11:40am

ok... I've never been a fan of Terrence Man... i never hated the guy just not a fan and I could never understand why he was Javert or the Beast... his voice just seems so weak for me for those two roles...

but I actually really love him in this recording!

hak5 Profile Photo
hak5
#72Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/31/13 at 9:35am

anyone know/hear if the physical cd will be available at the music box prior to the july street date?

gchris11
#73Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/31/13 at 10:13am

It will not... I asked. It will be available on JULY 9th. Or at least that is what they keep telling me.

Updated On: 5/31/13 at 10:13 AM

hak5 Profile Photo
hak5
#74Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
Posted: 5/31/13 at 11:20am

OBL order it from Ghostlight NOT Amazon you'll get it quicker, no shipping fee and you'll actually be supporting the show/label as opposed to the "conglomerate"