Oh boy.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 5:18pm

Oprah on Broadway?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

AEA AGMA SM
#2Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 5:24pm

Well, with the ages of everyone else they've been casting I guess she could play Ruth opposite Denzel in A Raisin in the Sun.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 5:30pm

The sad thing about this is that she doesn't even have to be right for a role. All she has to do is say she wants to be in a play and producers will come running with dollar signs in their eyes.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#3Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 5:44pm

Ugh I am sick and tried of these people just coming to Broadway without paying dues. You have to work for it, BABY!

Like Debbie Allen said, "You have to pay... in SWEAT". Oprah has not paid.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#4Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 5:47pm

Was Oprah an actress before her talk show? Or where did she get this acting clout from? Just being her? I mean, she doesn't strike me as someone who is going to strip away the pretense and really get into a character.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#5Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 5:49pm

Academy Award nominee...

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#6Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 5:51pm

Oh yes, Oprah, who has had everything in life handed to her on a silver platter.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#7Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 5:57pm

Oprah is disgusting. Allowing that moron Jenny McCarthy to use her show as a platform for her wacky and dangerous ideas about vaccinations.

That ain't Broadway.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#8Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 5:58pm

Like you use the board as a platform for your wacky and stupid opinions?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

dramamama611
#9Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 6:02pm

So talk shows should only cover what YOU agree with? And what she had on her (excrutiatingly successful) talk show has diddly squat to do with B'way.

I saw her on an interview for The Butler, and she talked about working with an acting coach to prep for the role -- so she has respect for the craft.

She isn't a BAD actress, by any stretch, let's just hope that it turns out to (whenever it may be) to be something of quality that employs a lot of people.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#10Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 6:18pm

I just think Oprah is a sick and disturbed woman and doesn't belong on Broadway. She should stay the hell in Montecito and count her billions.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#11Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 6:32pm

Man, you just have a thing against black, female talk show hosts. It's a trend.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#12Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 6:35pm

Maybe she can do something like "The Blonde In The Thunderbird"

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

N2N Nate. Profile Photo
N2N Nate.
#13Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 6:42pm

Calm down, lovebwy. Oprah has had anything but an easy life. As others have said, she is an academy award nominee and has played characters in respectable Tv series and Movies. Calling her 'Disgusting' is a bit much.

So Lauren Bacall me, anything goes! *wink*

dramamama611
#14Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 6:48pm

'Sick and disturbed' is more than a bit much.

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#15Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 6:48pm

I'm curious to see how she'll do on stage. Kerry Washington seems to have a lovely voice

Liza's Headband
#16Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 6:49pm

Yeah! What broadway guy said!

Minadnan
#17Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 6:56pm

Oprah is a professional she will do it and do it well. She works really hard she did not get her millions by accident

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#18Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 7:19pm

Lovebwy, I canno believe you are starting your vile crap again, basically expressing the same thing here that you did with Wendy Williams. You sound like a complete raving lunatic.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#19Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 7:38pm

Oprah, disturbed hysteric that she is, has given over 400 million to education charities, funded 400 scholarships to Morehouse College, founded Oprah's Angel Network which has raised over 80 million (with Oprah personally covering all administrative costs), donated 12 million to the Smithsonian's museum for African American culture- not to mention her school in South Africa, and is generally considered one of the leading philanthropists of the time.

What a sick, sick woman.

Updated On: 8/13/13 at 07:38 PM

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#20Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 7:39pm

Clearly, Oprah is gunning to be in Pippin once/whenever Patina Miller leaves the show. Or maybe she wants to be the latest Elphaba or Roxie Hart. :-p

Matt Rogers
#21Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 7:46pm

Let's not forget her book club, which has inspired millions to oh, I don't know, read a book. But I'm sure lovebwy will soon be screeching about how "that ain't Broadway, baby."

What a total fool. Lovebwy that is, not Oprah.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#22Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 7:46pm

^I see Oprah more as the Mama Morton type.

Minadnan
#24Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 7:48pm

is a sick and disturbed woman and doesn't belong on Broadway. She should stay the hell in Montecito and count her billions.

Is that a description of you

Updated On: 8/13/13 at 07:48 PM

Matt Rogers
#25Oh boy.
Posted: 8/13/13 at 7:49pm

You don't really think she is going to go into something as a replacement, do you?