pixeltracker

Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!- Page 2

Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#25Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/21/13 at 11:47pm

OMG. I haven't stopped laughing in five minutes.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#26Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/21/13 at 11:51pm

I'm very glad you are laughing.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#27Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!

But I'm not gonna let you bring me down, BABY!

And you are beautiful no matter what we say?

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#28Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!

Actually Phyllis, I don't have a Facebook account. I would love to see her again after 4-5 years.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#29Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/21/13 at 11:53pm

Girl, you should try Facebook. It's never been easier open old cans of worms!

I also hate bag ladies because once when I lived in Chicago I was walking down the street and a homeless woman with a shopping cart locked eyes with me, cackled, and charged straight ahead at me.

I hate lovebwy because it is insufferable.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#30Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/21/13 at 11:59pm

Hate is such a waste.

Kindness is the new currency. Try it sometime, Phyl.

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#31Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 12:01am

@lovebwy So, did you hear the wonderful reception that was given to Oprah for her performance in The Butler? Reviewers are saying that winning a OSCAR for Best Supporting Actress is insight for her

Updated On: 8/22/13 at 12:01 AM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#32Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 12:02am

There are a LOT of bad white women actors.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#33Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 12:02am

"Hate is such a waste.

Kindness is the new currency. Try it sometime, Phyl."

Where have we heard this before....?

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#34Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 12:04am

Being mean is the waste.

Understanding is the new way, try THAT sometimes lovebway.

Updated On: 8/22/13 at 12:04 AM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#35Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 12:09am

That heifer is right, though. I don't hate it. Just insufferable.

That's why I hate musicals.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#36Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 12:16am

I don't want to fight with you, Phyl. I don't have to.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#37Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 12:19am

I hate white people.

Fire and Music
#38Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 12:23am

Is it possible to pass out from laughing too hard? Seriously, this is the funniest discussion here in a while.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#39Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 12:25am

Someone who thinks Christie Brinkley has never had to pay her dues or sweat a little has never seen Billy Joel

FindingNamo
#40Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 12:27am

First of all, correct your mistaken use of Wendy O. Williams. Wendy O. Williams was a creative goddess and I will not have her dissed.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#41Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 5:03am

Wendy O. Williams should have done Broadway.

Reform School Girls - the musical!

....but the world goes 'round

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#42Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 9:34am

My brother dislikes musicals because he feels that they are unrealistic since people in his world apparently don't burst spontaneously into song. He much prefers movies that more realistically depict his life, such as the Star Wars series and others, in which people travel faster than light speed, levitate spaceships with their minds, etc. He and I live very different lives. I much more frequently burst into song than do any of those things.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#43Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 9:59am

In my experience there are four kinds of people who hate musicals.

Those who can't suspend disbelief to accept it as persuasive theater.

Those whose musical tastes don't comport with the musical style of most musicals.

Those who are knee-jerk prejudiced because they think it's cool to hate musicals.

And, finally, those whose musical theater experience has been limited to shows they genuinely didn't like, and so they generalize their opinion of musicals. Even those of us who love what musical theater can do at its best often don't like particular musicals. And many of us who love musical theater at its best had very positive experiences with the first shows we saw. If we hadn't, if we had seen junky show after junky show, we might feel very differently about the genre.

Updated On: 8/22/13 at 09:59 AM

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#44Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 10:01am

HA Adam right on!

I like comedys where the big fat ugly guy has the young hot wife on his arm!

and cop shows where one partner has some sort of mental disease that makes him supercop!

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#45Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 10:36am

In all seriousness, the person who got me hooked on musicals HATES them: My dad.

He brought home a video (yes, I'm dating myself here) of "The King and I" and I was maybe five or six. I was not happy because it was not the latest Disney film (which was checked out of the video store). Well, he said "You'll like this"-put it on, and I watched it on repeat pretty much until it was due at the video store. I couldn't stop watching it or being transported to that magical world. Well, soon after, I was asking for more of those movies (saw most of the R&H Collection by the time I was seven) and...the rest is history. (I came into the city with my parents, eventually just my mom, and saw my first few shows.)

To this day, I still remember my dad (who again, HATES musicals, because "in real life people don't just burst into song!") bringing home that movie and starting this passion for musical theater (although I enjoy plays as well).

Just goes to show that someone who detests musicals can indeed introduce someone to the genre.

Updated On: 8/22/13 at 10:36 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#46Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 11:20am

So if someone from a different medium wants to do bway, they have to do what? Wait tables? Be unemployed? Sleep on their friends couch? For how long? Or do they have to just be in a couple of crappy off b'way shows and then the chorus?

Except for the likes osf the Kardashians and the Hiltons, nearly everyone has "paid in sweat". Just somewhere else.

It didn't take Jon Groff too long to land a b'way lead. So does he not deserve his success either?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Fire and Music
#47Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 2:36pm

I believe "paid in sweat" was merely a Debbie Allen quote to prove lovebwy isn't racist. Let's not take this little nugget of wisdom out of context.

carlodowd Profile Photo
carlodowd
#48Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 2:48pm

All my rugby friends are too "straight" to like musicals. They think there just full of gays and s**t songs. Shows them they touch each others asses the whole time! Its just their brain hasn't been expended full yet. Haha

JMPlayer6 Profile Photo
JMPlayer6
#49Share your stories of those you know that hate musicals and why!
Posted: 8/22/13 at 2:58pm

There was a great episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" in which people all of a sudden were busting out into somg---and dancing too. Just saying.