A New Cinderella

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#150A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/18/14 at 9:17am

The excitement with which Carly is preparing for this excites me! I think I may have rushed judgment.

SamIAm2
#151A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/18/14 at 4:03pm

Patash, Laura Osnes has played the role at ages 27-28.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#152A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/20/14 at 8:33am

Carly Ear Jepson is going to be on GMA really soon. Turn it on now if you want to watvh

frapperia
#153A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/20/14 at 9:20am

When does she actually start?

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#154A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/20/14 at 10:05am

"When does she actually start?"

February 4.

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#155A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/20/14 at 10:56am

Anyone catch her on GMA? I missed it, hopefully BWW will have it posted later today?

NYCBound91
#156A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/20/14 at 11:15am

I went to GMA this morning to check out her performance and it turned out that she didn't sing after all, just did the interview and pre-taped backstage segment. As far as I could tell, anyway.

KathyNYC2
#157A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/20/14 at 2:50pm

No she did not sing = backstage tour and then an interview.

I have no idea how she is going to do but I gotta tell you, it's heartwarming to hear someone who is making mega-bucks in the pop music industry talk about being so excited to be on Broadway..and that it's always been her dream. It's a lot of good PR for the theater....

I hope she takes only good things away from this experience.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#158A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/20/14 at 2:53pm

Her enthusiasm is adorable. You can tell that she is really excited about this. She seems very dedicated, and I really hope she pleasantly surprises us come February.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#159A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/21/14 at 9:35am

I saw this Friday evening and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I wanted to see it before the major cast changes. I hope it does well with Carly and Fran. It's a beautiful production that deserves to run.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#160A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/21/14 at 10:07am

^ Agreed. Truly one of the most magical and enchanting evenings I have ever spent in a theatre.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#161A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/21/14 at 10:30am

/ / Agree, agree. A very underrated show, and it's not only for little/ teen age girls.

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

boggess Profile Photo
boggess
#162A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/21/14 at 1:21pm

I went on Saturday afternoon to see the show and I'm beyond happy that I did. My only regret is not seeing it with my mother, who I'm sure would have loved it just as much if not more than I did.

I'll be another to add that I may have pre-judged Carly Rae. I'm excited now to hear how she does in the role, and hope she can surprise many of us.

disneybroadwayfan22
#163A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/21/14 at 2:06pm

I am hoping to finally see it tomorrow if the snow isn't too terrible. But, I seriously doubt that I am going :/

Tink2 Profile Photo
Tink2
#164A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/21/14 at 5:53pm

I saw it in Feb and loved it! Laura and Harriet Harris were wonderful. I do love Fran, though, and would love to see her in the show.

disneybroadwayfan22
#165A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/22/14 at 1:53pm

We tried to go today, but then the deheater on our car started to not work halfway there, so we had to turn back. Turned out that we had to car off and let it heat to work. I missed the show for nothing. I missed Laura and Santino

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#166A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/22/14 at 2:03pm

Laura and Santino no doubt were pretty bummed you weren't there as well.

disneybroadwayfan22
#167A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/22/14 at 2:07pm

If you aren't being sarcastic, thank you :)

FishermanBob
#168A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/22/14 at 2:12pm

Of course not!

Have your parents check with the box office. Because you couldn't get in due to the weather, they might be willing to exchange the tickets for a show at a later date that has seats available though it probably won't be with Laura and Santino since I think they are out of it come Sunday. But at least you'll get to see it and will probably still enjoy it.

disneybroadwayfan22
#169A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/22/14 at 2:20pm

I really don't have the heart to see it without them. I may see it on tour, but it's just not without them. What I can tell and hear, they make the show. And it's sad because we literally tried all month to see them. And every week, it's either snow or some stuff came up

FishermanBob
#170A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/22/14 at 2:39pm

So you'd rather pay to see it on tour without them than possibly get exchanged tickets to see the Broadway version without them? Who knows, Carly and Fran Drescher may also make the show and I'm sure it would still be a fun experience. But whatever, Obviously, it's your decision.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#171A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/22/14 at 3:03pm

Also Producers have said that the tour will be scaled back too- so you will miss out on the full effect of the show.

Darreyl with an L!

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#172A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/22/14 at 3:03pm

Also Producers have said that the tour will be scaled back too- so you will miss out on the full effect of the show.

Darreyl with an L!

disneybroadwayfan22
#173A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/22/14 at 3:25pm

Thanks for telling me, darrelyl and Fisherman. I'll think about it.

#174A New Cinderella
Posted: 1/22/14 at 3:30pm

That's too bad the tour is going to be scaled back. I wonder how much?