pixeltracker

Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher Extended in Cinderella- Page 2

Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher Extended in Cinderella

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#25Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 2/23/14 at 8:30pm

While I get why they're not including Victoria Clark in any advertising, I don't 100% agree with the way they rearranged curtain call. Just like I didn't like all the articles on Carly as Cinderella that EXPLICITLY made it sound like the production was just opening now. "The show opens February 5th." No, it doesn't.

"Nice is different than good."

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#26Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 2/27/14 at 9:20pm

I can't believe they said that it is just opening

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

beautywickedlover
theatregeek6 Profile Photo
theatregeek6
#28Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/6/14 at 6:09am

So a show running at 70% was sold out on a Tues and a Weds night. Damn those matinees must be empty

muscle23ftl
#29Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/6/14 at 7:51pm

I'm talking about the previous week, when it was close to making a million dollars...the show is selling well though. Thanks for the link beautywickedlover!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

brdway411
#30Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/6/14 at 10:58pm

A friend gave us comps for Tuesday night (the night of bad behavior) and I was BLOWN away by CRJ and FD. I was totally in love with CRJ by the end of the show. I have always enjoyed FD and thought she did an amazing job as well. As for Prince Topher on the other hand, was not impressed.

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#31Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/8/14 at 8:32pm

So funny, that's exactly the opposite of what I felt! I really liked Joe Caroll in the role. To each his own!

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#32Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/9/14 at 3:09am

Has anyone done the stage door lately? who all is coming out and signing? it seemed that earlier a lot of the other cast weren't coming out. I have already stage doored with the OBC and met all of them, So if Carly and Fran aren't coming out, there is no reason for me to go- especially if it's chilly. LOL.

Darreyl with an L!

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#33Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/9/14 at 9:43pm

Yesterday, after the saturday matinee, Fran came out, and waved, posed, and said hi as she walked to her car. Carly came out. She spent at least 20 minutes signing every playbill, and taking pictures with whoever asked. She had the people rotate so no one was missed.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#34Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/9/14 at 10:59pm

Did any of the other cast come out? How crowded was the stage door?

Darreyl with an L!

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#35Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/9/14 at 11:16pm

Many others came out. It was crowded. I would say 10 people deep on each side. But if you wanted something signed by a person signing, it was possible.

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#36Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/10/14 at 9:26am

I'd love to see a Wednesday matinee, but since Ms. Jepsen feels she's not a strong enough performer to do two shows a day (like MOST Broadway performers do) I guess I won't be seeing her.

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#37Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/10/14 at 10:04am

Patash, I'm sure that your absence will be felt deeply by the cast and everyone else associated with the show.

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#38Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/10/14 at 11:44am

Serious question, without checking grosses, how is this selling? I noticed on telecharge that the prices are still a bit steep even in the mezzanine. Are these two ladies really bringing in the tourists or do they usually show up at TKTS? No discount codes available that I've seen. Just wondering...

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#39Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/10/14 at 12:18pm

RaisedOnMusicals, is that how you interpreted my post? That when I go to a matinee my "absence will be felt deeply"? Why would that be true if I'm there? I didn't say I won't see the show, only made a point that she's not doing ANY Wednesday matinees, so unfortunately I'll miss her.

If you want to be super snarky, it might help if you actually READ a post before you snarked on it.

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#40Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/10/14 at 12:48pm

Patash, it was you who piled the snark on in your reference to Jepsen " not feeling that she's a strong enough performer to do eight shows a week". I understood your post just fine.

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

kurt.perry41
#41Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/10/14 at 5:18pm

Honestly, I saw it last week and I didn't know what I expected but it was not what I got. What I got what a truly wonderful evening at the theater. I saw it with the original cast a few weeks after opening and it was flawless and everyone gave performances for the ages, Laura's was equal to Ms. Andrews in my opinion. So, when I went back with a dear friend, we're both massive fans of Ms. Drescher, I expected to hate Ms. Jepsen. Let me tell you, I was so incredibly charmed by that girl, is she giving a performance for the ages like Laura was? No. Is she giving a lovely, amiable performance that is a great night out? Yes.

Ms. Drescher is hysterical in a different way, but honestly I'm so blind to what she does. I love it all, she was hysterical and flawless.

Mr. Carroll was quite amusing in the role of Topher, I didn't have strong feelings regarding him. I think they scaled him back vocally for Carly, which is fine but I missed the plushness.

Victoria Clark remains the best part of the show for me, she's hysterical and touching without ever making it seem effortful or labored.

I mean there's transposing being done and some rewriting of the harmonies between Cinderella and the other characters but I didn't mind too much.

Overall I had a great time.

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#42Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/10/14 at 10:11pm

"RaisedOnMusicals, is that how you interpreted my post? That when I go to a matinee my "absence will be felt deeply"? Why would that be true if I'm there? I didn't say I won't see the show, only made a point that she's not doing ANY Wednesday matinees, so unfortunately I'll miss her."

No, that's not what you meant. You know it and anyone reading your nasty, sarcastic comment knows it. You strike me as the type of person who when you were a kid in school, would hit someone on the back of the head in recess when they had their back turned and when the person turned around, you would do the "What's the matter... I didn't do anything routine" and tell the teacher they were picking on you. If you are going to talk smack about someone, at least have the balls to own it when called on it.

muscle23ftl
#43Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/11/14 at 8:19pm

A certain poster attacked Carly Rae first for no reason. It wasn't her decision not to perform two-show days, that was her contract and she signed it the way it was offered to her.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#44Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/11/14 at 9:50pm

Really? Do you know why they did that? it's not very common.

Darreyl with an L!

AEA AGMA SM
#45Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/11/14 at 9:54pm

"It wasn't her decision not to perform two-show days, that was her contract and she signed it the way it was offered to her."

It was offered to her? I'd be more inclined to believe that she requested it and the producers decided it was worth it and granted her request. Unless you are saying the producers went into negotiations with her already believing she couldn't/wouldn't do eight shows a week.

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#46Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/11/14 at 9:59pm

Yeah, I sincerely doubt that they offered her 6 shows a week as their first offer... doesn't seem likely.

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#47Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/13/14 at 2:33pm

I think my comment that she didn't think she was a strong enough performer to handle 8 a week is legitimate -- especially unless someone can actually CONFIRM that bizarre story that she signed it the way it was offered to her, which seems really unlikely.
Why on earth would they hire someone as a "draw" but tell her, but we don't want you to do two of the shows a week"?

And while I was honest is expressing my unhappiness that she's not doing the Wednesday matinees, my comment that I will miss her stands -- both literally and figuratively. I can only get into the city to see weekday matinees, so I am unable to see her perform the role which I'd really like to see.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#48Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher in Cinderella
Posted: 3/13/14 at 4:16pm

Producers most be happy with Fran and Carly Rae because they both just extended into June.

beautywickedlover

Videos