pixeltracker

LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters

LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
Posted: 8/12/14 at 5:42pm

Honeymoon will open at the Nederlander and Love Letters at the Brooks. Same dates.

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#2LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
Posted: 8/12/14 at 5:51pm

Interesting, wonder why they made the switch.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#2LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
Posted: 8/12/14 at 5:57pm

Good: I honestly think it would have been such a waste of Newsies closing if Love Letters took over. Because there's no sets, right? Just 2 people in a stage?

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#3LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
Posted: 8/12/14 at 5:57pm

Nederlander has 1,232 seats and the Brooks Atkinson has 1,069. Interesting. Odd though because many would argue Nederlander has one of the worst theater locations, and the Brooks Atkinson is pretty prime. Love Letters hardly needs the exposure though with their star power, meanwhile Honeymoon needs to be visible to the public, I would think.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#4LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
Posted: 8/12/14 at 5:59pm

What the hell is the difference if the next show at the Nederlander has a set or not?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#5LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
Posted: 8/12/14 at 6:00pm

LOVE LETTERS was booked into the Nederlander as a filler show between NEWSIES and the revival of ...FORUM, which was supposed to take the theater in the spring. Now that ...FORUM may not be happening at all without James Corden, the Nederlanders have made the appropriate switch with HONEYMOON IN VEGAS, since it's much better suited to the larger of the two houses.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 8/12/14 at 06:00 PM

AKarp2013 Profile Photo
AKarp2013
#6LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
Posted: 8/12/14 at 6:04pm

So now two Paper Mill productions have transferred to the Netherlander.

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#7LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
Posted: 8/12/14 at 6:05pm

I hope this doesn't mean FORUM is done for good LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
I was really looking forward to that revival!

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#8LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
Posted: 8/12/14 at 6:08pm

Ugh what a headache for both design teams. LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#9LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
Posted: 8/12/14 at 6:26pm

Too bad "Mama Mia" and "Side Show" couldn't switch. Just my opinion.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#10LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
Posted: 8/12/14 at 6:42pm

Newsies closing has nothing to do with whatever show was coming in next. NOTHING.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

MusicAndPassion Profile Photo
MusicAndPassion
#11LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
Posted: 8/12/14 at 11:13pm

This is a major setback for Honeymoon in Vegas. An awful location and larger theatre (and in my opinion, one of my least favorite houses on Broadway) could swallow this production whole. I love Jason Robert Brown and from what I've heard him say and perform from this new musical, it has the potential to be his first Broadway financial success! The Nederlander Theatre could greatly and negatively impact this. I do hope I am incorrect!

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#12LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
Posted: 8/12/14 at 11:17pm

Perhaps the move is occurring because another show really wants the Brooks Atkinson for the spring, which may not have been possible with an open-ended show in that theater?

Or maybe it's just as simple as wanting to have more seats to sell. I do agree, though, that the Nederlander's location is far less desirable.
Updated On: 8/12/14 at 11:17 PM

#13LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
Posted: 8/13/14 at 12:17am

The Nederlander has been home to both RENT and NEWSIES, so the location doesn't always hurt. Heck, even MILLION DOLLAR QUARTER played 500 shows there.

The only shows to play for long at the Atkinson lately have been GREASE and ROCK OF AGES, so the location doesn't always help.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#14LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
Posted: 8/13/14 at 12:50am

Makes sense. I'm sure it will fit nicely into that theater. And I would imagine this means Forum isn't happening. At least not this season since Honeymoon is open-ended.

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#15LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
Posted: 8/14/14 at 2:09pm

Looks like Love Letters wants to stay open after Anjelica Huston/Martin Sheen, as the website says "And Many More Brilliant Talents To Be Announced!"

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#16LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
Posted: 8/15/14 at 3:18pm

"Newsies closing has nothing to do with whatever show was coming in next. NOTHING."

Huh? You mean if Newsies wasn't closing, one of the other shows would still be coming in anyway? Wouldn't that cause a lot of confusion on the stage -- two shows going on at once?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#17LOVE LETTERS & HONEYMOON... VEGAS switch theaters
Posted: 8/15/14 at 4:13pm

^ A lot of the guesswork on here was that Newsies was leaving to free that theater up for Forum, but that Love Letters would be able to fill the gap between shows because it wasn't an open run. Of course, if you subscribe to this theory, it does beg the question why Newsies wouldn't have just played longer if there was a gap, and they are still selling tickets.