Sardi's Caricatures

AEA AGMA SM
#75Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 8/13/15 at 8:38pm

Well, they couldn't lighten his skin anymore (seriously, look at anyone who's not lily white and you'll notice that they lighten their skin tone at least several shades) so they decided to lighten his hair.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#76Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 8/13/15 at 8:46pm

All I see is Chris Pine.

Or Robert Pattinson.

....but the world goes 'round

ArtMan
#77Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 6/1/16 at 9:55am

Jane Krakowski's caricature is awful.  They really need another artist.

Hairspray0901
ArtMan
#79Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 5/14/17 at 8:40am

Bumping this thread.  Have you seen Laura Osnes caricature?  Hers is not as bad as most of the others. ( Although it makes her look older)  She is a beautiful woman with gorgeous eyes.  The eyes on her caricature look so odd. Maybe if the artist had not made them bright blue.  Something about it is off to me.

Updated On: 5/14/17 at 08:40 AM

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#80Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 5/14/17 at 9:37am

"I've been told the food there isn't what it used to be, either."

I went back there for the first time in many years and I was disappointed with the food and the service. It is a shame because the place has special memory for me because it was where I took my wife on our first date.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#81Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 5/14/17 at 9:53am

Prosecco + Baked Alaska + Caricatures = A good time at Sardi's

VintageSnarker
#82Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 5/14/17 at 2:21pm

It looks a tiny bit like Sherie Renee Scott and Emily Skinner got morphed into the Laura Osnes face. And also a little bit botoxed. But all things considered, it's more accurate than a lot of those caricatures lately. I don't know why they went with such a serious expression. It seems like the artist put all his effort into the hair.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#83Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 5/14/17 at 3:24pm

ugh looking back at this thread just makes me sad. why is whoever is responsible for these "caricatures" still employed??

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#84Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 6/2/17 at 7:56pm

Sardi's Caricatures

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#85Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 6/2/17 at 8:01pm

Sardi's Caricatures

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#86Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 6/2/17 at 8:29pm

Since there are so many "fans", I was scrolling through Audience Rewards merch to see what I can get with my bajillion points and guess what? You can get your very own Sardi's caricature illustrated by the "Famous" Sardi's artist...for 100,000 reward points. I think I'll pass.

There are noticeable "artistic interpretations" today that differ from the older ones, but if it was me, I'd be thrilled for the honor of this tradition. Seeing AK's debut on the wall this week is terrific. I thought he got one for Rocky but guess not; I still think he stole the show in both Drood and 20th Century, so I'm glad he's finally there. 

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

10086Sundays
#87Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 6/2/17 at 8:36pm

Andy's portrait looks like a sketch artist's approximation of Iain Armitage as an adult.

Updated On: 6/2/17 at 08:36 PM

VintageSnarker
#88Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 6/2/17 at 10:45pm

It looks nothing like Andy Karl and yet I can see elements. The hairline, the chin (kind of), the lips (sort of... but they're too full, the nose (sort of... but it's too thin and the shape of the tip is off)... but the eyes are completely wrong. It's not like the person doing this caricatures is actually on the street. There's no time limit. Can't he start again when he knows it doesn't look like the person or is he only allowed one try?

ArtMan
#89Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 6/2/17 at 10:58pm

I think the problem is that the artist really thinks his finished product looks like the subject.  In his mind...he doesn't need to start over.  He should read this thread for a wake up call.

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
#90Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 6/2/17 at 11:01pm

Josh Groban got his today. It actually isn't terrible at all, hopefully the artist is on an upward trend... 

Sardi's Caricatures

Updated On: 6/2/17 at 11:01 PM

VintageSnarker
#91Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 6/3/17 at 12:16am

Still a little wonky but all things considered, I'll take it. Of the newer ones, I think I'd rank it above the Lin Manuel Miranda caricature with its weird kissable lips. Did the same artist do Of Mice and Men? Those weren't too bad. This portrait of Josh feels like it's heading back in that direction. 

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#92Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 6/3/17 at 2:37am

followspot said: "Sardi's Caricatures

"

Love Andy's expression, like "Who the F is this supposed to be?!" LOL

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#93Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 11/4/17 at 1:22pm

Julie Taymor holding a picture of Cobie Smulders?
Sardi's Caricatures

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#94Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 11/4/17 at 1:44pm

Tag said: "Julie Taymor holding a picture of Cobie Smulders?
Sardi's Caricatures
"

Pleeease. Anyone can see that's Laura Benanti. 

ahhrealmonsters
#95Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 11/4/17 at 6:40pm

Why did it take so long for Julie Taymor to get one? I don't know if she's a household name, but she's a Broadway name. I'm surprised she didn't get one after The Lion King. What is the criteria for getting a Sardi's caricature, anyway?

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#96Sardi's Caricatures
Posted: 11/4/17 at 8:11pm

These are not charicatures. They are poorly executed portraits. Charicatures distort features to form a likeness.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!