Side Show Rush

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#25Side Show Rush
Posted: 12/21/14 at 1:22am

The box office indeed opens at noon on Sundays. The line today wasn't as bad as I expected for a show that's closing soon, got there about 1.5 hours before the box office opened and was about 10th in line (for a two show day).

Monty12112
#26Side Show Rush
Posted: 12/21/14 at 9:47am

Rushed this on Saturday and was about 40th in line when I arrived about half hour before the box office opened. There was no problem getting tickets. (Got 4 tickets seated all together).

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#27Side Show Rush
Posted: 12/21/14 at 11:02am

Does anyone know for sure if they're still selling front row? Twice I've been when they didn't sell any front row seats, wondering if it was just a fluke.

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#28Side Show Rush
Posted: 12/21/14 at 2:53pm

I'm honestly not sure. I do think a couple of people on the rush line when I went on Wednesday were seated in the front all the way to the left. Not sure about the rest. And I ended up in Orchestra E20. I have no idea how many people were in front of me or the ratio of who was getting 1 or 2 or for which show.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

hanabana
#29Side Show Rush
Posted: 12/22/14 at 11:45am

Thanks for your responses! I rushed yesterday and was about 18th in line or so, and got tickets without a problem. I got two tickets for extreme left orchestra. Not sure if they still offer front row though.

Lucy Harbin
#30Side Show Rush
Posted: 12/22/14 at 7:55pm

Are they definitely still carding people for age and turning away anyone over 30? (Didn't know if the impending closing and the big financial losses they're facing might have caused the producers to relax the rush age limits and take whatever money they can get.)

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#31Side Show Rush
Posted: 12/25/14 at 1:47am

Can anyone tell me if they will accept credit card for rush?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#32Side Show Rush
Posted: 12/25/14 at 2:52am

Yes http://www.broadwayspotted.com/lottery-rush-policies/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#33Side Show Rush
Posted: 12/26/14 at 12:25pm

Thanks Lizzie! Lucy, they didn't card me but I often get mistaken for a teenager.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#34Side Show Rush
Posted: 12/26/14 at 1:01pm

I also didn't get carded, but nobody believes that I'm 30 by looks alone. I don't think they were checking at all last Wednesday though.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Lucy Harbin
#35Side Show Rush
Posted: 12/29/14 at 5:23pm

Thanks everybody!

Any advice on what time one should be in line by tomorrow (Tuesday, 12/30) for a good shot at getting rush tickets to the evening performance? I see it's a two-show day (holiday schedule, I guess).

jbroadway4 Profile Photo
jbroadway4
#36Side Show Rush
Posted: 12/31/14 at 9:11pm

I'm planning to rush this Saturday for the matinee. What time do you think I should get there? It's the final weekend of the show so I imagine I'll need to get there early.

NicoleMWright2
#37Side Show Rush
Posted: 12/31/14 at 10:51pm

I rushed yesterday (two-show Tuesday). Arrived at 8:45 for a 10 box office opening and was #21 in line. Got H22 (single seat). Line easily reached 40 by 9:30. No clue how many tickets they gave out.

MegInManhattan
#38Side Show Rush
Posted: 1/2/15 at 1:42pm

I rushed this morning and there were a ton of people. Easily 50+ at 10am. Not everyone got tickets, by the looks of it maybe 40-50 tickets were given out assuming most people bought two. From the murmurings of people seems like you had to be there by 8:30am.

Gonna try again tomorrow for the matinee, hope it's not too cold!

They said they do intend to have rush for all remaining performances.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#39Side Show Rush
Posted: 1/3/15 at 11:21am

I rushed New Year's Day, when the box office opened at noon. I got there at 1:15, and they were sold out of rush for the day, so it looks like interest has definitely picked up for the final week. Good for them!

(As it happened, the man who had just picked up his tickets in line before me overheard me ask for rush, and he mentioned that he had an extra ticket and offered it to me for free! Hurray for good karma and kind strangers!)

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

jjohnson5
#40Side Show Rush
Posted: 1/3/15 at 11:38am

Last night's show was sold out at least an hour before curtain. I was going to rush but don't live close to the city so I ended up buying my seats on Tix4Students which worked out really well. Few days ago they had seats for the matinee and night show today, don't know if they are still there.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#41Side Show Rush
Posted: 1/3/15 at 1:10pm

It's heartening and heartbreaking to see a repeat of '97: it's suddenly a hot ticket, closing weekend. I've also heard everyone in the biz who hasn't seen the show, from friends of Condon's to the fearless, gifted authors, are seeing the show this week.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#42Side Show Rush
Posted: 1/3/15 at 8:57pm

Many are very SAD that once again SS is closing in January after a fall opening.
If Side Show were in a smaller theater in the 1000 seats or less range...I feel it would have lasted to the Tony Awards as I believe word of mouth would have caught on eventually but slowly for a show that is terribly hard to market even with the positive reviews

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 1/3/15 at 08:57 PM

Videos