pixeltracker

Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread- Page 4

Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread

ryandl15 Profile Photo
ryandl15
#75Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/5/14 at 6:13pm

Does Emma usually perform both the matinee and the evening show on Wednesdays?

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#76Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/5/14 at 7:26pm

I saw Emma's second performance and it was one a Wednesday night. She performed that afternoon but did not stage door.

Broadway World's Fireman.

ThatMezzoGirl
#77Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/8/14 at 8:45am

Updated On: 3/11/15 at 08:45 AM

hdlswps
#78Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/9/14 at 12:03pm

I actually preferred Michelle's subtle portrayal a lot more than Emma's.

rjm516
#79Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/9/14 at 3:45pm

Oh FFS Brantley. It's like he's trying to out-Brantley himself with that review. Sybarite? Semaphore? They don't even work there. UGh he's losing it.

PrinceCaspian Profile Photo
PrinceCaspian
#80Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/9/14 at 8:20pm

Just realized my tickets are for the same day as the SAG awards. I know theres no way of telling if someone is going to go on or not (or even be nominated for a SAG award) but in the past, do actors/celebrities tend to call out for award show flubber??

riptide
#81Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/9/14 at 10:07pm

How's she look in the show? I heard someone say she "oozes sexual confidence". Does she show a lot of leg?

SM13
#82Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/9/14 at 10:11pm

Will be in NYC the weekend of Jan 31. This is Emma's last weekend in the show. Wondering if people have opinions on what the best show will be btw 8 PM Sat and 2 PM Sun. I'm not sure if it would be more special to be at her last Sat night show, or at her truly last show.

goodmanK
#83Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 8:07pm

And Emma is out tonight (and was this afternoon). FYI not sure what the rest of the week looks like folks.

stargazer2 Profile Photo
stargazer2
#84Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 10:59am

Oh no! I sure hope she is back tonight. Flew in just to see this show.

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#85Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 2:33pm

OMG, I hope she is back tonight Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread. Have tickets for this evenings performance. Will be so disappointed if she's out. Anyone have any news?

How does that work if the star is out, do they offer refunds or an opportunity to come back? I have heard of this but don't know what the policy is exactly.

Thank you!

CoreyRyan3
#86Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 10:15pm

Has anyone heard if she was back in the show tonight or not? I am seeing it on Sunday afternoon. Really hope that whatever is going on doesn't keep her out that long!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#87Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 10:22pm

Im sure her last show will be pretty special.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#88Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 10:27pm

Emma was out again tonight.

Sutton Ross
#89Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 10:44pm

There's always a risk that that person will be out at anytime. Michelle seemed be out often, I remember people being very disappointed.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#90Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 10:52pm

^ I agree. If you have flexible time, you could exchange for another night, or take pleasure that you get to see someone who doesn't go on very often.

Sutton Ross
#91Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 10:58pm

I saw Cabaret a day before Michelle left. I have never been to a Saturday matinee, but all the principals were on, there were no as*holes on cell phones in the audience, and she gave a wonderful performance. So, I was happily surprised.

CoreyRyan3
#92Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/12/14 at 12:57am

I hear that they aren't exchanging Hiptix because all of the Hiptix are sold out for the rest of the run.

cknick
#93Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/12/14 at 1:10am

I have a HIPTIX for a Wednesday matinee in late January. I'm guessing chances will be high that Emma's out. I think it's the risk you take when "movie stars" are on Broadway. The schedule can be very rigorous for someone who's not used to it. I love the show so I won't be TOTALLY crushed, but I really would love to see her. I totally respect her as an actress and hope she stays healthy and well enough to perform!

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#94Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/12/14 at 11:04am

I'm seeing this again the oscar nominations are announced. Should be interesting.

cwebb2327
#95Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/12/14 at 3:35pm

I checked with Roundabout today and as of about 2PM EST time Emma was "expected" to perform. Has been under the weather. Probably best to call ahead.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#96Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 12:22am

Did Emma end up being in the show on Friday night?

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Incarnadine
#97Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 10:22am

There are pictures of Emma signing autographs outside Studio 54 last night so it looks like she performed.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#98Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 11:41am

Incarnadine, thanks for the info! I hope she is feeling better. I'm worried that between illness and other professional obligations, she might be out quite a bit.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

cwebb2327
#99Emma Stone as Sally Bolwes in Cabaret Review Thread
Posted: 12/13/14 at 12:04pm

She has a tendency to lose her voice even without the rigors of a Broadway musical. I wondered about that upon hearing of her taking on Cabaret.