Bill Cosby Rape Allegations

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#101Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/23/14 at 12:39pm

Ex-NBC Employee is also speaking out.

As for Lisa Bonet - that is not her verified twitter account, and I believe her agent said she did not post that comment to twitter.
EXCLUSIVE: Ex-NBC employee Frank Scotti claims Bill Cosby paid off women, invited young models to dressing room as he stood guard

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#102Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/23/14 at 12:59pm

This one is a bit more baffling:

"Female staffers at “The Late Show With David Letterman” are breathing a collective sigh of relief they don’t have to deal with an upcoming Bill Cosby appearance. A source close to the show tells Confidenti@l that the disgraced comic had some truly bizarre backstage requests.

“He’d include as a request, before he arrived, that the young girls, interns and assistants, all had to gather around in the green room backstage and sit down and watch him eat curry,” our stunned source explains. “No one would say anything, and he would sit silently eating and make us watch and want us to watch.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/cbs-women-curry-favor-article-1.2020179?ref=Outbrain&ADLocation=footer&ADPosition=2

FindingNamo
#103Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/23/14 at 1:06pm

Jesus. If female staffers at the Letterman show find something creepy, you know it's bad.

The link YWIW? posted is fascinating, because there are always accomplices, unwitting or not, in byzantine situations like this.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#104Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/23/14 at 1:29pm

It's the NY Daily News, and it's their gossip section. It's crap.

YouWantitWhen????
#105Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/23/14 at 1:30pm

Namo, true dat.

If Letterman's folks are skeeved out, there clearly is something skeevy going on.

And I had the same thought about all those who enable predators - even if Cosby is not guilty of rape (which I think is highly unlikely, based upon the volume and breadth of the accusations), his conduct towards women is creepy and pathological, and folks have been enabling it for years.

I can only imagine we will be having this discussion again in a few months if the documentary on pedophiles in the entertainment industry "An Open Secret" gets more air time.

The same structure that allows men to prey on women in the entertainment industry allows men to prey on boys (IMO). If they make you money, you enable the behavior and look the other way.

An Open Secret

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#106Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/23/14 at 8:41pm

Whose silence has been deafening? Matt Williams writer of the early seasons of Cosby's show, story editor/show runner. He and the obvious handful of creatives who were decidedly on hand when the Cosby/Huxtable mythology was concocted, preserved, protected at all costs.

I agree with Namo. And why is this a particularly important myth to pierce? Because of the period in Cosby's life when it's exposed to the light and oxygen. A perverse ageism is at work in this toxic mix, since accusations against a beloved grandpa figure leave us with another layer of anxiety. To some, this is like a witch hunt against Mr. Rogers, so treasured is Cosby as a cultural arbiter and scold. To consider even the possibility of his guilt shakes us. We do not like to contemplate 77 year-olds as possessing or hampered by attributes of youth, i.e. sexuality run amok or the reckless abuse of power. We want to grant our white-bearded curmudgeons a strange grandfatherly immunity, because it serves our comfort zones, not theirs.

A woman in Chicago penned a pro-Cosby editorial, and appeared on CNN last night saying "the man is too old and tired to face this." Yet not to old and tired to secure TV series, sell-out auditoriums and receive standing O's just for walking and talking. Therein lies the creepy all-American ageism: when age cannot be used to block employment or the preservation of iconography, but is used readily as a shield against charges seemingly too unseemly for men past their prime. He gets to hide behind his age, because we're uncomfortable? No.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 11/23/14 at 08:41 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#107Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/23/14 at 11:14pm

The Daily News doubles down with a news article--not a gossip column--that spotlights the confession of a 90-year-old former NBC employee who claims to have arranged for Cosby to have sex with underage models.

NY DAILY NEWS: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-NBC employee Frank Scotti claims Bill Cosby paid off women, invited young models to dressing room as he stood guard: Veteran NBC employee Frank Scotti says he helped Bill

YouWantitWhen????
#108Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/23/14 at 11:18pm

PJ, that is the article I linked to above.

FindingNamo
#109Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/23/14 at 11:18pm

AND delivered payoff money!

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

NOB88
#110Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/23/14 at 11:29pm

Maybe it would help some people if they realized it is not Cosby they admire and idolize but Dr. Huxtable. Cosby isn't really a Dr. Huxtable, he just played one on TV.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#111Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/23/14 at 11:43pm

That is just your opinion. I think he is a Dr. Huxtable.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#112Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/23/14 at 11:44pm

Sorry--I only saw your indiewire link.

Do you think if any of these underage models come forward, they can break the expired statute of limitations? I read somewhere that only underage victims could sue after the stature expired.

YouWantitWhen????
#113Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/23/14 at 11:50pm

My understanding of state law is that it is tolled as long as the person is a minor. So, it would begin to run once the child reaches the age of majority. So, I think they would have expired.

And, no worries. I am surprised that there has been relatively no commentary on that other link.

Updated On: 11/23/14 at 11:50 PM

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#114Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/24/14 at 2:21am

Mr. Cosby has always been, off camera, an arrogant D-bag. I have worked with him on 2 occasions. I do admire his talent and on screen persona. As a fictional role model he has done a lot of good... in real life however... The house of cards seems to have encountered a brisk wind.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#115Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/24/14 at 11:43am

Wow. David Carr in the NY Times takes responsibility for "having looked away":

NY TIMES: Calling Out Bill Cosby’s Media Enablers, Including Myself

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#116Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/24/14 at 12:43pm

He needs to disappear . I am now beyond disgusted with him.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#117Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/24/14 at 2:25pm

You say that as if (a) you were the only one in the world experiencing "disgust" and (b) disappearing were possible.

Bill Cosby is now how we talk about rape.

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#118Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/24/14 at 5:35pm

Well I can only speak for myself.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
JbaraFan1
#120Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/25/14 at 12:07am

I think Kirk "Banana" Cameron has probably escaped being bill-cosbied.

"Celebtricity.com is a combination of real shocking news and satire news to keep its visitors in a state of disbelief."

^ From their contact / looking for writers page.

(Hi, Jordan! Hi, everybody! Been a while since I posted.)

http://www.celebtricity.com/contact-us/

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#121Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/25/14 at 12:11am

The site is pretty much all satire.

JbaraFan1
#122Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/25/14 at 12:23am

Looks it. People believe these parody sites though. I could just about swear that I saw the (false) $100 bill carjacking thing reported on some legit site in the last few days. (And I admit, I believed it! At the time!)

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#123Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/25/14 at 3:59am

The reason so many people fall for it is that the satire's not remotely well done. Lots of Onion imitators out there, but very few get it right.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#124Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/25/14 at 10:47am

That ex-NBC employee should be punished alongside him. He is just as guilty as Cosby. That's disgusting-I don't know how he sleeps at night knowing what he's helped perpetuate-and never told anyone?! Give me a break.

I hope someone who can break the statute comes forward because justice needs to be done.