PIPPIN Movie Cast

Starship
#100PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/30/14 at 11:52pm

^ I agree. I wasn't even thinking 2018 at the EARLIEST (for filming).

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#101PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/31/14 at 12:30am

Joseph Gordon Levitt as Pippin? I know he sings and was in consideration for the Guys and Dolls big screen adaptation, but I don't know his range. It's a tough part, so I'm intrigued to see who they go with. I also feel like they announce that movies are happening and they never come to fruition, so I always take it with a grain of salt.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#102PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 12/31/14 at 1:21am

Liza as Berthe, perhaps? I'd almost rather see Liza than Babs.

Also, realistically, how old should Pippin be? This is a project I wouldn't mind seeing a boy band member in (like Liam Payne, Harry Styles, etc.) compared to other movie musicals.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Showface
#103PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/1/15 at 12:49pm

IMO the best way to go for casting is:

LP- Usher...he can sing, dance, and he is the Leading Player; his godfather is also Ben Vereen which could make a good story. He is also the one name that they would need on the poster, and they would make a ton of cash!

Pippin- Unknown or Broadway Star

Berthe can be a cameo role with a big star like Johnny Depp as the Wolf

Bucky Builder Profile Photo
Bucky Builder
#104PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/1/15 at 1:04pm

Not sure why but I think a Male Leading Player would work better on film. Usher was my first thought also. How big of a Name is Taye Diggs? He was my 2nd choice.

Updated On: 1/1/15 at 01:04 PM

Showface
#105PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/1/15 at 1:16pm

^Because the LARGE female names who could play this role seems to be down to Beyonce', Rihanna, Lady Gaga, and Katy Perry. In my opinion, they all would not go a good job. The best out of that group would be Beyonce', but she would probably to a serviceable job.

Which is why I think the best choices in my opinion would be: Usher (talented, Ben Vereen connection, and could pull of the suave and mystery), Justin Timberlake (talented could possible act really well), Taye Diggs (could do all of this, but he may not be the big name producers will be looking for to sell the film, because the leading player will be the face that sells the film)

Updated On: 1/1/15 at 01:16 PM

Showface
#106PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/1/15 at 1:35pm

My idea of how to make this at least somewhat cinematic would have it cut from the "stage Pippin" and the "real Pippin". The story will take place as the "real Pippin" story, but the musical numbers would cut over to the players performing exaggerated, theatrical representations of what they really were/are (like in the stage show). Think: the film versions of "Chicago" and "Cabaret"

Example: "Glory" would basically play out exactly like it did in the filmed version of Pippin, except, it would start out looking like a real war fighting scene, then the LP, and the players would perform the song (with cuts and fades back and forth). I think this could prove to be creepy and effective, and maintain the same tone the stage show had.

Is this confusing? I could explain more of my idea in-depth if I get a specific question. PIPPIN Movie Cast

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#107PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/1/15 at 2:37pm

I repeat: NICOLE. SCHER. ZINGER. Leading. Player. Please!! PIPPIN Movie Cast

rjm516
#108PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/1/15 at 6:47pm

Oh man I would love if this was Taye Diggs' big return to film and musicals. Oh man. Also love the idea of Liza as Berthe hahah but really they won't go wrong with that casting; there are just too many good options.

broadwayboy223
#109PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/1/15 at 7:01pm

Again im gonna say Julie Andrews for Berthe. IMO she has enough star quality to pull off the role with the likes of Liza and Babs. I wouldn't be surprised if they approach Idina for some part in the show. She's become quite popular.

Bucky Builder Profile Photo
Bucky Builder
#110PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/1/15 at 7:07pm

I cold see Idina as Catherine. I doubt they would cast her though.

Starship
#111PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/1/15 at 7:35pm

Julie Andrews as Berthe...I would see the film 1000 times.

Visceral_Fella
#112PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/1/15 at 7:51pm

Taye Diggs as the LP will cause Glory and maybe a few other songs to be significantly lowered.

I too feel that this film will do better with a male leading player.

broadwayboy223
#113PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/1/15 at 8:13pm

I know Julie can't sing like she used to (her botched surgery) but she could definitely pull off Berthe. Plus it would introduce her to all the younger kids who have no idea what a legend she is. I'm gonna campaign for her now.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#114PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/1/15 at 8:34pm

I can almslt guarantee that Berthe will not be a sweet old dear in the original mode, but will be a vivacious and fit senior like in the revival. Darling old ladies have no cultural cache unless they are bitchy like Dowager Countess Grantham.

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#115PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/2/15 at 12:35pm

Julie Andrews as Berthe is nothing short of perfect and it can be like a comeback film for her if she is cast.

Starship
#116PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/2/15 at 2:04pm

I really hope they consider Julie Andrews. She hasn't done anything since 2010, and maybe for a reason, but it would be so wonderful to have her on the big screen again, especially not in an animated role.

I feel as if they're going to try and cast a female LP before they cast a male LP. I can't think of too many big male names for the LP (other than Usher) who have the charisma, acting chops, and pipes for the role.

StephieElise
#117PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/4/15 at 2:58am

I would LOVE P!nk as LP! I was watching a filmed version of her Truth About Love tour the other night and was saying how amazing she'd be in musical theatre. Plus, I think she appeals to a broader demographic than some of the other names mentioned.

I'd really like an unknown as Pippin though.

Lovinbroadway2 Profile Photo
Lovinbroadway2
#118PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/4/15 at 7:47am

Meryl Streep as Berthe
Catherine Zeta Jones or Idina as Fastrada

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#119PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/4/15 at 8:01am

Did Patina Miller get a mention in here?

Stephanatic

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#120PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/4/15 at 8:56am

I never found the story of Pippin to be all that compelling. It's the presentation of it that makes it interesting to me. If you strip the music AND the theatrical concept(s) out of it, the story alone is kinda boring.

As a film, it's going to be even harder to make a success, and it will need a few big box office names to get butts in seats.

Usher sounds great for the part, but has no previous box office hits in movies. Pharrell Williams would be in the same boat.

And because of the age of the characters (a young pippin surrounded by mostly older people), it also makes casting current "box office names" a challenge.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 1/4/15 at 08:56 AM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#121PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/4/15 at 1:04pm

Darling old ladies have no cultural cache unless they are bitchy like Dowager Countess Grantham.

Tell that to Betty White.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#122PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/4/15 at 1:16pm

Betty White has some bite to her. She's never called on to be sweet, cute or quaint.

bstrumwasser Profile Photo
bstrumwasser
#123PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 1/4/15 at 4:23pm

PIPPIN Movie Cast

Grab your limited edition copy of Carly Hughes as the Leading Player in Pippin the musical. Get your own signed copy before we say goodbye to this Tony award winning revival. Proceeds benefit BC/EFA

http://www.brianstrumwasser.com/store/p18/Carly_Hughes_as_the_Leading_Player_in_Broadway%27s_Pippin.html
http://www.brianstrumwasser.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

B Strumwasser www.BrianStrumwasser.com

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#124PIPPIN Movie Cast
Posted: 7/10/15 at 3:26pm

what happened with this?

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY