pixeltracker

Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming "Color Purple" Revival?- Page 3

Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming "Color Purple" Revival?

PattyO'Furniture Profile Photo
PattyO'Furniture
#50Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming
Posted: 1/9/15 at 9:52pm

Thread Thank-You Notes:
somethingwicked
broadwayfreak4
adamgreet

PattyO'Furniture Profile Photo
PattyO'Furniture
#51Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming
Posted: 1/9/15 at 9:53pm

*r

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#52Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming
Posted: 1/9/15 at 10:09pm

I LOVE her, but I think Shug Avery is a MUCH better part for her than Ceile. Not saying that she couldn't do 8 shows a week as Ceile, but it will be infinitely easier for her to do it as Shug.

Get that EGOT, gurl.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#53Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming
Posted: 1/9/15 at 10:14pm

I feel this piece of poopy closed last month. Can't believe it is coming back.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#54Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming
Posted: 1/9/15 at 10:33pm

I think she should just wait five years for a revival of CAROLINE, OR CHANGE. Or an original piece. But she'll probably be a great Shug!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#55Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming
Posted: 1/9/15 at 11:01pm

I personally love the idea. Yes it's too early but I bet La Cage is gearing up to come back around soon too.

And honestly, I think EGOT has a lot to do with it. She plays her cards right and she can snag that TONY.

gcal
#56Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming
Posted: 1/10/15 at 2:47am

Does the revisal give "I'm Here" to Shug? Or is "Push Da Button" enough of a showcase for Hudson?

sparepart973
#57Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming
Posted: 1/10/15 at 3:08am

Having seen the US National Tour in Chicago, and was bored to tears, I was really captivated by the Menier production and thought it was just superb. JenHud is well cast here and will kill Push the Button.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#58Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming
Posted: 1/10/15 at 3:26am

On what planet would Jennifer Hudson wait for a revival of Caroline, or Change? Not only is that piece far less well known, but I can't think of a worse part for her to play.

Anyway, I don't think very highly of this show, but I think Hudson's right to play Shug rather than Celie. This way, not only does she get some great material, but the entire show won't be on her shoulders, so if she sucks it ends up being less pressure.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Visceral_Fella
#59Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming
Posted: 1/10/15 at 3:46am

I like Cynthia Erivo a lot, but I also think that Patina Miller would be really great as Celie.

If they went with Miller then this show would be full of the top three women up for Effie in the Dreamgirls movie as I'm sure they'll reach out to Fantasia to play Celie if ticket sales begin to dip.

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#60Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming
Posted: 1/10/15 at 4:39pm

Stunt casting for mediocre repeated shows end when the 'star' leaves. Saw the tour. It was fair. Just another opinion.

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"

javero Profile Photo
javero
#61Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming
Posted: 1/10/15 at 5:18pm

"The score is fine. But that BOOK. My God, that book is atrocious!!!"

I passed on an offer of free tickets the first time based. Reviews of friends of mine were similar to quote above. But, I gotta admit that this time I'm somewhat intrigued.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

indytallguy
#62Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming
Posted: 1/10/15 at 8:03pm

"Stunt casting for mediocre repeated shows end when the 'star' leaves. Saw the tour. It was fair. Just another opinion."

But this new production is in no way the tour.

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#63Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming
Posted: 1/10/15 at 11:58pm

This is Lomdon was truly a stunning night , but not sure how it will play in a larger house. It was the simple yet intimate moments that made this soar.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#64Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming
Posted: 1/11/15 at 12:14am

The Music Box would be the perfect house for this production.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#65Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming
Posted: 1/11/15 at 4:37pm

I too feel like it's far too soon for a revival of this show. Also, what did Hudson win an Emmy for?

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#66Jennifer Hudson in Upcoming
Posted: 1/12/15 at 11:55am

The Music Box would be the perfect house for this production.

---
True but feel the producers will put it in the slightly larger yet still intimate Schoenfeld-1079 or Jacobs-1078 to the Music Box-1009 seats.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 1/12/15 at 11:55 AM