Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:11pm

WTF

Seriously, this is not a big surprise.

Poster Emeritus

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#2If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:13pm

Not surprised. Sorry to hear that they think Menzel is irreplaceable, because I was somewhat taken with the show. It had some wonderful stuff.

Pootie2
#3If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:14pm

I thought it might extend to the end of March to capture more possible spring break people, but oh well. Decent run, all things considered.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#4If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:16pm

As expected...

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#5If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:17pm

So, the show flops.

Guess they relied to heavily on her and yet her name alone was not good enough to turn a profit.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Bucky Builder Profile Photo
Bucky Builder
#6If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:17pm

Menzel isn't irreplaceable. Heck even Streisand wasn't irreplaceable. But I get it.

Pootie2
#7If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:20pm

No official comments about a possible tour, even though the logo appeared on that tour site. Huh.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#8If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:24pm

Her next show should be a Wildhorn one. This way, the show may run longer than a month. Of course, her fans would be torn between seeing her in a Wildhorn show or staying away.

Poster Emeritus

RW3
#9If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:24pm

One thing that I've noticed is that BWW and Broadway.com are running that the show will close after 401 performance, but Playbill says it is closing after 430 performance. So, which one?

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#10If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:28pm

This truly to my opinion was a great show, so sorry for it to close If/Then is closing

though we were expecting it sooner or later. Updated On: 1/9/15 at 05:28 PM

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#11If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:28pm

"One thing that I've noticed is that BWW and Broadway.com are running that the show will close after 401 performance, but Playbill says it is closing after 430 performance. So, which one?"

If you read more closely, it's 401 performances + 29 previews - which totals to 430 actual performances.

Sad to see it go, but on to the next new production! Happy I'm living in NYC by then and can be in the audience that night.

Updated On: 1/9/15 at 05:28 PM

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#12If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:29pm

No. No. No.

Not surprised though. One of my favorites.

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#13If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:30pm

Though I can't say I'm surprised, I am very saddened. I adored this show.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#14If/Then is closing

What's next for the Rodgers as it will be tough for Gigi to open here by the end of the season April 23

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 1/9/15 at 05:30 PM

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#15If/Then is closing

Not to be *that guy*, but can GIGI swoop in and claim an opening in April?

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#16If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:35pm

Any discounts valid for March? Pm me!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#17If/Then is closing

Isn't it a tad early for TCP revival? We saw it 10 years ago. I guess this is the new norm. With new original musicals dropping like flies, maybe the way to go is to keep reviving shows that have not been off the boards for a long period and putting a star in it.

Without Idina, If would have been gone a long time ago. We may see more & more famous stars coming in to give a show a decent shot of running for awhile instead of instantly folding.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 1/9/15 at 05:35 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#18If/Then is closing

I guess anything is possible as all depends on the reviews at the Kennedy Ctr. but the opening deadline for this season is by April 23 not a lot of time for Gigi to open @ the Rodgers

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#19If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:36pm

It just didn't work in so many ways.

getlucky2
#20If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:37pm

Err....who said Idina was irreplaceable? More to the point, who WOULD want to replace her? This isn't Book of Mormon, it's not a show that can sell tickets regardless of who's in it. It's a show built around the star so they need a marquee name to sell tickets. What person important enough to actually sell tickets would want to be a replacement in a show let alone a replacement for IDINA MENZEL. They'd never be able to find anyone to do it who'd help them recoup.

massofmen
#21If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:38pm

Ugh this show was horrible,

Mr. Musical Profile Photo
Mr. Musical
#22If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:39pm

One of the Color Purple articles (I forget which), mentioned a Schubert theatre to be announced

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#23If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:40pm

Horrible? no. Great no. Entertaining yes

Poster Emeritus

Bucky Builder Profile Photo
Bucky Builder
#24If/Then is closing
Posted: 1/9/15 at 5:46pm

I mean that's what happens when one performer is expected to carry an entire show. It's not like anyone expected this to run for years. Idina wasn't the problem the show finically flopped, it was just the mediocre material.

Videos