pixeltracker

Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful

Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful

RW3
IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#2Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful
Posted: 1/20/15 at 10:50am

Jessica Keenan Wynn is also replacing Anika Larsen during her maternity leave. She will be a fantastic Cynthia Weil! Loved her in Heathers.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#2Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful
Posted: 1/20/15 at 11:29am

The rumor was true after all, Chilina Kennedy will be going from I Don't Know How to Love Him to Will You Love Me Tomorrow. Very excited that she's coming back to Broadway!

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#3Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful
Posted: 1/20/15 at 11:36am

Jessica Keenan Wynn was in Bring It On at the St. James, so Beautiful will not be her Broadway debut, as the article says. I also loved her in Heathers.

Edited to add:

CORRECTION: I was mixing up my Heathers, sorry. Elle McLemore was in Bring It On. Sorry!

Updated On: 1/20/15 at 11:36 AM

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#4Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful
Posted: 1/20/15 at 12:08pm

Can someone refresh my memory on Chilina Kennedy? For some reason I remember people (and critics) not really caring for her in that JCS Broadway revival. (For the record, I liked her fine in the show.)

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

getatme
#5Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful
Posted: 1/20/15 at 12:11pm

Jessica Keenan Wynn wasn't in Bring It On. Beautiful certainly will be her Broadway debut and she'll be absolutely fantastic as Cynthia.

Chilina's casting isn't too exciting, she was all right in Jesus Chris Superstar, and she's got huge shoes to fill.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#6Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful
Posted: 1/20/15 at 12:22pm

Chilina did play Phoebe in A Gentleman's Guide to Love & Murder when it was at the Old Globe in San Diego.

Here's her from a recent production of South Pacific... Updated On: 1/20/15 at 12:22 PM

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#7Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful
Posted: 1/20/15 at 12:41pm

Sorry, I was mixing up my Heathers! I'll amend my post.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#8Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful
Posted: 1/20/15 at 1:39pm

An absolutely lifeless Mary Magdelene (but to be fair that whole revival was awful).

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#9Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful
Posted: 1/20/15 at 1:49pm

I loved her and the whole cast of Jesus Christ Superstar. I think she'll be great in this. It's certainly not a name I would have immediately thought of to replace Jessie but the more I think about it the more I love the idea.

canmark Profile Photo
canmark
#10Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful
Posted: 1/20/15 at 2:20pm

I vaguely recall Chilina being good as the daft Philia in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. I don’t recall her being all that in Jesus Christ Superstar. I do wish her the best of luck. Poor Stratford, losing so many of their young musical stars (Chilina, Josh Young, Paul Nolan) to the Broadway stage.

Coach Bob knew it all along: you've got to get obsessed and stay obsessed. You have to keep passing the open windows. (John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire)

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#11Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful
Posted: 1/20/15 at 2:26pm

I'm not all too familiar with Chilina Kennedy, but she beat out a lot of big Broadway talent to land this job. I'm excited to see her take on the role.

Jessica Keenan Wynn is terrific casting for Cynthia.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 1/20/15 at 02:26 PM

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#12Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful
Posted: 1/20/15 at 4:24pm

I've been meaning to return, since I haven't seen this show since previews. I was pulling for Margo Seibert as replacement though.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#13Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful
Posted: 1/20/15 at 6:53pm

I wasn't a fan of Kennedy in JCS, but Jeremy Kushnier was the best part of the production.
I do want to see Beautiful again, so I'll keep an open mind! I'm VERY excited about Wynn. She was fantastic in Heathers (which I didn't really like either).

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Visceral_Fella
#14Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful
Posted: 1/21/15 at 12:02am

I want to see Beautiful, but I don't know if I should see it with Jessie, or wait so I can see Jessica Keenan Wynn

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#15Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful
Posted: 2/1/15 at 8:53am

Saw the show last night. Wow. Kicking myself for taking this long to see it...and Jessie leaves early March. Will try and see it once more before Jessie leaves.

Curious, as anyone seen any of Jessie's u/s? Sara or Rebecca?

Would like to see the show when Chillina joins too...

mj21723 Profile Photo
mj21723
#16Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful
Posted: 2/1/15 at 9:25am

I saw the show yesterday afternoon with Rebecca. She was good, but I really want to see Jessie. Decided to get a ticket for her final performance!

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#17Chilina Kennedy to officially replace Jessie Mueller in Beautiful
Posted: 2/1/15 at 3:16pm

I also saw the matinee yesterday (Sat) with Rebecca LaChance. I thought she did a really nice job and overall I loved the show - the whole ensemble was great. Certainly I had hoped I would be seeing Jessie Mueller but I wasn't disappointed at all by Rebecca's performance. She's got a great voice and felt natural in the part.

That being said, I just did the same thing as @mj21723 and purchased a ticket to Jessie's final show! I need to see her in this role.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

Videos