Everlast85
#25Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 1/27/15 at 2:50am

This was stunning.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#26Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 1/27/15 at 3:14am

Realy? I've actually read more negative reviews than positive for this? And the audience I saw didn't seem that impressed. Hm.

I wonder what theater it would even sneak into. It's not a big show by any means. All the play houses are spoken for. And even something like the Nederlander seems too big.

LightsOut90
#27Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 1/27/15 at 4:14am

i mean, if Only a Play doesn't extend, theres a good 3 weeks to get it up and running in the Jacobs.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#28Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 1/27/15 at 9:32am

Let the Right One IN was at the Apollo in London (after the Curious left due to the ceiling collapse). The theatre - with balcony - seated 775 - but the balcony was closed, knocking capacity down to about 625. Even still, it was not a difficult show to get tickets to. So, if I were the producer, I wouldn't risk a bigger venue on Broadway. The smaller venues are owned by Theatre Companies - Friedman (MTC)/American Airlines (Roundabout) - so, there's not really a home for the show.

LightsOut90
#29Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 1/27/15 at 9:34am

this would have been fantastic at the Hayes....

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#30Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 1/27/15 at 9:39am

"And the audience I saw didn't seem that impressed. Hm."

We gave it a standing ovation on Sunday afternoon...

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#31Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 1/31/15 at 8:57pm

Extends To March 8 - and its American future is under discussion.

Three Week Extension Updated On: 1/31/15 at 08:57 PM

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#32Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 1/31/15 at 9:23pm

I've been hearing rumblings about this and I'm very interested. After Once and Macbeth I have absolute faith in John Tiffany.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#33Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 1/31/15 at 9:34pm

I feel the same about John Tiffany - especially after last years The Glass Menagerie, GlindtheGood22. And Steven Hoggett as Associate Director of this production! I am so, so torn about seeing this. The story just doesn't intrigue me much, but the "stunning" and "beautiful" production I keep hearing about here makes me want to run and see it in this space before it makes any kind of transfer.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#34Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 1/31/15 at 10:26pm

Greased: Go. Get a $45 dollar ticket and go. You'll be happy.

I actually see this fitting nicely in Studio 54. Might be too big of a space, but it's got the right eerie atmosphere.

Tom5
#35Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 1/31/15 at 10:58pm

A thriller such as "Wait Until Dark" worked for me (Not the original with Lee Remick I'm sad to say) because it was a story I could believe was real. This deals with vampires and for me that would pose a fatal disconnect. Of course if you're a teenager it might prove appealing, but how many teenagers are into theatre?

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#36Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 1/31/15 at 11:11pm

There is only one vampire - but the monsters and the danger come from other than the vampire. Those aspects, sadly, are all too real.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#37Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 1/31/15 at 11:11pm

Uh, Tom, have you seen this? FIrst off, they never utter the word "vampire." And secondly, the beginning is so completely creepy in its complacency.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#38Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/1/15 at 1:44am

A thriller such as "Wait Until Dark" worked for me (Not the original with Lee Remick I'm sad to say) because it was a story I could believe was real. This deals with vampires and for me that would pose a fatal disconnect. Of course if you're a teenager it might prove appealing, but how many teenagers are into theatre?

That doesn't even make sense. This isn't Twilight, it is a deep perspective on bullying and connecting with those who are worth your time regardless of differences. The staging and effects are very well done. Far from a banal tween movie.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#39Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/1/15 at 1:49am

I saw this today. Absolutely wonderful. Engaging, beautiful, not contrived.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

15minutecall
#40Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/1/15 at 2:10am

For me, the plot of Wait Until Dark makes little sense. But the central idea - how a blind woman turns the tables on the bad guys - is so strong emotionally, I go with it. Similarly, the mythic aspects of Let the Right One In a so strong, it doesn't matter that vampires aren't real.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#41Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/1/15 at 11:50pm

I caught the Sunday night show. It's very creepy, lots of tension, lots of blood and violence, some graphic makeup effects, many surprises. Truth be told, it's really not my type of subject matter, and I was sitting very close to the stage, making it very intense. I was covering my eyes at a few points. However, for those who like this sort of thing, it's great. Performances are solid, the staging very effective, the set design beautiful, interesting movement. The pool at the end was very cleverly done. Some celebs in the audience tonight: Alan Cumming, Marcia Gay Harden, Alysha Umphress.

Updated On: 2/2/15 at 11:50 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#42Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/2/15 at 2:10am

I think Roundabout would be stupid not to produce this at Studio 54 for a few months. The creative is already a huge hit over here, and I'm still mad I missed Blackwatch.

LightsOut90
#43Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/2/15 at 5:33am

^ not happening, She Loves Me is going into Studio 54 after the Parsons thing.

neonlightsxo
#44Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/2/15 at 1:16pm

As far as I know, there is no desire to transfer this from St. Ann's. Hoggett and Tiffany have a relationship with St. Ann's which is why it's there now.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#45Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/2/15 at 1:26pm

SHE LOVES ME doesn't start until the spring. I highly doubt AN ACT OF GOD is going to run past Labor Day. RTC could conceivably have a fall show at Studio 54. I'm not suggesting LET THE RIGHT ONE IN would transfer, but it's just possible for there to be a show in between AN ACT OF GOD and SHE LOVES ME.

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#46Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/2/15 at 1:30pm

Roundabout has the Keira Knightley show and Noises Off for Fall/Winter, so I'd assume one is going to Studio 54 and one to American Airlines.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#47Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/2/15 at 1:44pm

Both are in the AA. THERESE RAQUIN is running October-November and NOISES OFF is starting in mid-December with an opening in mid-January.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#48Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/2/15 at 1:45pm

I can't see this having a Broadway run. Something in a space like Second Stage, maybe.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#49Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/2/15 at 3:22pm

Hoggett & Tiffany also have great credits on Broadway... I don't think they did this solely based on their "relationship" with St. Ann's Warehouse. And if it can be successful elsewhere - they won't say no.

No way Second Stage does anything like this. I'd say MCC would be the first to grab this sort of thing if it were to transfer off-Broadway.

I don't think Roundabout would take this either, although it sounds like it'd fit beautifully in the Studio 54 atmosphere. The Hayes would also be a beautiful fit if it weren't going under the 2ST renovation/takeover.