#25THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/27/15 at 2:41am

Thanks, JPeterman! Helps me to plan.

Eurotrash Profile Photo
Eurotrash
#26THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/27/15 at 5:50am

THE VISIT presale and new artwork

Love it overall, it completely draws you in. The pic itself is brilliant, the typography less so. Interesting to compare with the wildy camped up Vienna version from last year:

Why don't you go? Why don't you leave Manderley? He doesn't need you... he's got his memories. He doesn't love you, he wants to be alone again with her. You've nothing to stay for. You've nothing to live for really, have you?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#27THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/27/15 at 10:44am

^ Yeah, no thanks. This production is anything but camp, especially Chita's restrained and chilling portrayal.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#28THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 2/3/15 at 1:57am

Anyone notice that if you search "The Visit Broadway" in google the website doesn't even appear? Hope they get their marketing people to fix that soon.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#29THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 2/3/15 at 2:12am

Chita looks gorgeous!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#30THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 2/3/15 at 2:58am

Anyone notice that if you search "The Visit Broadway" in google the website doesn't even appear? Hope they get their marketing people to fix that soon.

---

It's there top of page - The Visit Musical Broadway

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

binau Profile Photo
binau
#31THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 2/5/15 at 6:19am

Must be a regional thing

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

anmiller07 Profile Photo
anmiller07
#32THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 2/5/15 at 7:55am

I notice that somehow you don't have ads or sponsored links at the top of your search results, which could be why you are not seeing it. That's where it comes up for me.

Updated On: 2/5/15 at 07:55 AM

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#33THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 2/5/15 at 8:02am

I admit, I've been living under a rock and haven't found this show until this production's announcement. This poster intrigued me (seemed very mysterious) and made me look it up and do my research. So, the artwork worked for me and I'm excited for this production.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#34THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 2/5/15 at 9:09am

^ that is great to hear!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#35THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 2/7/15 at 9:09pm

Tickets from $25

http://www.broadwaydiscounts.com/the-visit-tickets.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=141025-six_under_60

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#36THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 2/7/15 at 11:10pm

Thanks for the heads-up, Robbie2! I just bought two tickets to a performance on the Saturday after opening night!

I'm hoping that they'll offer a student / general rush for the show, but I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to know for sure that I'll get to see this show at an affordable price!

Mr. Musical Profile Photo
Mr. Musical
#37THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 2/8/15 at 10:43am

Has anyone ever sat in the balcony in the Lyceum? How is it? $25 is hard to pass up

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#38THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 2/8/15 at 10:54am

I sat in the balcony of the Lyceum once for The Nance. Honestly, the climb up there feels pretty treacherous on a never-ending spiral staircase, and the balcony seating is so incredibly steep. That being said, my seats and view for the show were excellent. The $25 seats for The Visit are only for Rows F and G, and I haven't sat that far back before, but I really just had to buy them at that price!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#39THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 2/8/15 at 11:23am

Someone on ATC said that it's the worst balcony in New York, but they usually exaggerate. Can't be worse than the Walter Kerr's balcony.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#40THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 2/8/15 at 11:27am

I've heard endless complaints in the past about how absolutely horrible the Lyceum balcony can be, but both times I've sat up there I had a great time and did not enjoy the show any less than if I were in the orchestra.

That being said, it IS high and steep, and you feel that. But for $25, it's perfect. Waaaay better than the Kerr balcony, or even the mile-high rear mezz of the Hirschfeld - in my opinion.

Updated On: 2/8/15 at 11:27 AM

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#41THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 2/8/15 at 11:49am

The Kerr's balcony was designed only to be decorative and was not meant to be used as an actual balcony, so it's unfortunate that it has been pressed into service for seating.

I think the thing that is unnerving about the Lyceum balcony is that in addition to the long walk up, it is raked at an unusual angle, where it sort of comes to a peak in the middle, with the side seats on a downward slope. It is very disorienting, but the view is really not an issue.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#42THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 2/8/15 at 3:57pm

cardamon Profile Photo
cardamon
#43THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 2/12/15 at 1:51pm

They've released the first 30 second teaser trailer. It looks beautiful!

Teaser Link