pixeltracker

THE VISIT presale and new artwork

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#1THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 10:27am

THE VISIT presale has begun. You can get 2,500 bonus points. I just purchased Orchestra A101 for the first preview. So excited.

And the artwork can be seen here: http://m.audiencerewards.com/offersview.cfm?venueid=102&showid=2975

MUCH better. Looks beautiful.

Updated On: 1/26/15 at 10:27 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#2THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 10:31am

I do like the logo itself, but I hope the poster is something more than a photo of Chita standing there.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#2THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 11:08am

The logo is gorgeous, and Chita looks stunning. Very excited for this.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#3THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 3:10pm

Full image

Plus, the NY Times has a story about the shoot. http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/01/26/behind-the-poster-the-visit/

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.
Updated On: 1/26/15 at 03:10 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#4THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 3:12pm

It's perfect! That's the eeriness I was hoping for.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#5THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 3:32pm

I wasn't too impressed with the image on Audience Rewards, but wow I love the full image! Very striking and evocative!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#6THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 3:42pm

Yes, the full image is wonderful. Very creepy.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#7THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 3:46pm

Perfect.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#8THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 3:50pm

Love it!

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#9THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 3:51pm

The way her dress is makes it almost look like she is a ghost. The more I look at it, the more I like it.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#10THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 3:51pm

Not even a ghost- an angel of death.

MusicAndPassion Profile Photo
MusicAndPassion
#11THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 3:58pm

Much better! Glad the darkness and yellow from the show were added to it. But just like the show itself, it's nothing more than Chita Rivera just standing there.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#12THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 3:59pm

Love it.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#13THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 4:32pm

an angel of death.

Hehe. Bingo.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#14THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 4:42pm

Really like it, I think it captures the idea of the show without giving away much.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#15THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 4:46pm

Love it.

Can not wait to see this.

....but the world goes 'round

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#16THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 4:56pm

I like the logo, and the artwork itself is beautiful, but the poster as whole doesn't tell me anything about the show. If I were a tourist from middle America who had to decide between seeing WICKED, CHICAGO or something new like THE VISIT... nothing in this poster would make me choose the Visit unless I were a huge Chita fan, but that didn't do much for THE MYSERY OF EDWIN DROOD revival a few years back.

The poster doesn't even really advertise the fact that it's a KANDER & EBB musical, it just lists their names at the bottom as if no one famous wrote the music.

I miss the blood drop logo from past incarnations, and I think they should add the mysterious men in white masks from the publicity photos behind her... to give people a sense that this musical is mysterious and possibly deadly and also a good ole KANDER & EBB production.

Just my thoughts... I can't seem to get a job in Broadway PR so maybe I should just keep my mouth shut, lol.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#17THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 5:05pm

But the eeriness of the artwork could entice people to find out more about the show. I think it's perfect.
Before the image was released, my imagination created an image of Chita's silhouette in a smokey train station, and that's pretty similar to what we have! The eerie train station IS the set for this production, so I am thrilled to see that it's the setting for the artwork.

Visceral_Fella
#18THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 5:07pm

I really like the new artwork, hated what they used at WTF

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#19THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 6:34pm

ljay,It's perfect! That's the eeriness I was hoping for.
---
I agree, There she is front and center back at the station ~ Elegant & Alluring!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#20THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 8:25pm

I hate that. The actual title looks like it's a fun comedy romp. And the poster itself is just kind of dull. It doesn't really entice me, and I'm someone who wants to see this show.Yellow is just not a very scary color...

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#21THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 8:31pm

totally agree with RippedMan. The Yellow makes me think its a comedy. Although chita and everything around her looks great. I can't wait!

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

sctrojan65
#22THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/26/15 at 9:22pm

I think it looks great. Super way to showcase this grand dame of Broadway.

sctrojan65
#23THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/27/15 at 2:05am

Planning a trip to NYC in April and was wondering for those of you who have access to the pre-sale site….I will be in NY on April 2, 3, 4, and 5. Are there matinees for The Visit on April 2 or 3. Or is there an evening performance for April 5? Thanks.

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#24THE VISIT presale and new artwork
Posted: 1/27/15 at 2:25am

No to each of your questions.

April 2 8 pm
April 3 8 pm
April 4 2 and 8 pm
April 5 3 pm