pixeltracker

IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!- Page 2

IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#25IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 12:49pm

Actually, most places that house Broadway tours have subscriptions. So, no one will technically decide to see If/Then, if they subscribe to the season, they will already have tickets to If/Then... only when a season has enough potential clunkers whereby people will alter their subscription level is there an issue.

Occasionally, you might get a show where a Alice Ripley tours N2N, but normally, you are seeing the show on tour, not a name.

I mean, people are seeing Nice Work If You Can Get It on tour now... without Kelli or Matthew. And to my taste, that was way less interesting than If/Then...

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#26IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 12:49pm

I'm sorry but no one knows Eden or Shoshanna. Jackie has toured and played WICKED extensively so she is on par with them. I'd prefer Jackie to tour since she knows the role and has a better voice than Idina at this point (less burned out and screechy)

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#27IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 12:58pm

^agree

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#28IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 1:21pm

I agree with Bettyboy72. Shoshana has only done music (as far as I know) since her vocally-rough stint on the Wicked tour with Hilty. I could see Eden in the role, but she is also working on music in CA and who knows if she wants to step into another Menzel part.

Jackie has the most recent exposure/experience (Hair revival, Rock of Ages, Wicked tour, Wicked on Broadway, stepping into If/Then often) so I don't see why her name keeps being tossed out. No, she's not a name draw like Menzel...but is anyone, really? Idina's had an amazing couple years and performing all over the place. I don't know what "name" could be brought in. Either risking an unknown or going with Jackie are my best guesses.

Oh, wait. They could TOTALLY cast Allison Williams.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Pootie2
#29IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 1:32pm

Allison Williams seems way too young for the character. Not to mention whoever they pick must have the experience and stamina to handle 5-show weekends for such a large role.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#30IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 1:33pm

Please, for the love of all that is holy, no one let Shoshana Bean anywhere near this show or any other musicals for that matter.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#31IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 2:20pm

"Allison Williams seems way too young for the character. Not to mention whoever they pick must have the experience and stamina to handle 5-show weekends for such a large role."

I was strongly joking, Pootie2. Williams couldn't handle Peter Pan ("in my opinion" before another discussion breaks out), let alone an actual show. Still curious as to why her name ever came up in a casting discussion. I've watched all of Girls and I find her to be the worst (both in performance and character) of the whole damn thing.

I did picture Lena Dunham doing this show and had a good laugh. Let's get that audition tape, Theatermania.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Pootie2
#32IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 2:29pm

^Ha! Okay, the suggestion is much better as a joke, that's for sure. IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!

Placing bets on Jackie Burns for now.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#33IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 2:33pm

I'd be more than happy with Jackie, but a little part of me is hoping that it's Jenn.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#34IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 2:51pm

I don't want to hear Jenn singing in the lead. Her voice is very country. Judge me, but any Elphaba veteran can be the lead in the tour and I'd be 100 percent okay with it. If the actress makes me cry then she did her part correctly I'd say. We will just have to see.

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#35IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 3:09pm

I would like Eden to do it.

Shoshana has pretty much stated she's done with theater - or at least why she's chosen to focus on her solo music instead.

I don't think they need any star to carry the tour, based on the subscriber theory. I mean, I've seen dozens of tours in Texas, not caring one bit about who was in it. The fact that it was in my city was why I went.

If it was Idina, it would be a huge benefit to those fans who couldn't make it to DC or NYC for it, and it would almost guarantee a sold out tour. But would she go out on another tour, immediately after a tour?

broadwayfan1995
#36IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 3:46pm

Based on Eden's last run as Elphaba in San Francisco, I don't think playing this role would be a smart decision for her.

I think Jackie Burns is best fit for the tour.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#37IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 3:59pm

I'd take Jackie or Carmen Cusack. They are appropriate for the role, and in my opinion two of the few Elphabas that really care for their voice in order to sing the score properly.

If/Then is also a ballbuster vocally.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#38IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 4:04pm

I could see Carmen. Thats actually a great idea. If First Wives Club doesn't go to broadway (again), she would be free this fall. I would also love to see Heidi Blickenstaff as Elizabeth. She could sing the sh*t out of the score!

broadwayfan1995
#39IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 4:05pm

Carmen and Heidi are both awesome choices^

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#40IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 4:07pm

I well Idina booked a pilot so even if it doesn't get picked up, she has no intention to tour with the show. Let that be known.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#41IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 4:09pm

What about supporting roles? Kate, Ann, Lucas, Josh, etc? Any ideas?

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#42IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 4:15pm

Never wanted to see If/Then because it read like people I might not find an attachment to, and that's a problem for me, couldn't stand American Sniper because of that. But I've seen Jackie Burns, and one of the articulate posters in here loves the show, and N2N had me mesmerized. So yeah, come to town with Jackie Burns I'll be in.

Stephanatic

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#43IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 6:53pm

"Never wanted to see If/Then because it read like people I might not find an attachment to, and that's a problem for me, couldn't stand American Sniper because of that."

Well, I didn't like American Sniper and I loved If/Then?! I'm not sure there's a correlation, though. IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!

Bwaydide92
#44IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 8:24pm

South Florida, I also loved N2N. But If/Then is no N2N. If you really love Jackie Burns, that's a reason to see it. But don't see it for the N2N team. They really dropped the ball with this one. The score isn't too bad, but the book and direction are disappointing.

Pootie2
#45IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 8:34pm

^According to you. It seems to resonate strongly with others, so *subjective. As long as the target audience is reached, that's a good thing. The primary ticket site hasn't fallen below a 4-plus rating out of 5 with 1.8k viewers, for example. You just weren't in the target audience.

Whether this does well on tour still remains to be seen, but that's a gamble the producers are willing to take, so more power to them.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#46IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 8:35pm

There is no correlation, heh.

Stephanatic

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#47IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 8:50pm

I got it! Alison Luff! She's perfect for the role!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#48IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 9:29pm

Julia Murney? Jessica Phillips? Heidi Blickenstaff?

Really, I have no idea. The show was so-so in my eyes, but if it's in my subscription for my city, I'll see it.

IloveBroadwAY3
#49IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/30/15 at 10:32pm

IF/THEN and American Sniper are not even at all about the same thing.
FTR American Sniper was good but not excellent

Updated On: 1/30/15 at 10:32 PM