pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 172

Hamilton Cancellation Line

10086Sundays
#4275Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/21/17 at 4:09pm

mmmbop said: "If anyone has any updates on what the line is like now, please share! Haven't been to the city in 5 years and trying to make a plan! Would love SRO but don't know if I can convince my husband to pay for regular price lol."

It's died down considerably, but with summer coming it might pick up again.  Basically, if you want to guarantee you see the show, get there by 6am-ish.  If you're willing to risk it, come by the theatre later in the day and if the line is short, hop in.

act926
#4276Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/23/17 at 1:06am

Hello all!

Planning to do cancellation line sometime within the next two weeks, but I'm a bit worried that getting tickets will be harder now that it's summer. Has anyone tried the line in the last week or two, on a Wednesday perhaps? I'm not sure of a good time to get in line now that students are out for the summer. Thank you for reading! :)

Daniel Knopf
#4277Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/24/17 at 12:29pm

Hi can someone clarify the difference between SRO and cancellation tickets? If I wait in line for tickets, will the tickets I receive be Standing room or full price cancellation tickets? Is there any way for me to request standing room tickets, because I would prefer not to pay 230$. Also, are standing room tickets good view? Thank you!

Updated On: 6/24/17 at 12:29 PM

Big Apple2 Profile Photo
Big Apple2
#4278Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/24/17 at 12:33pm

As of an hour ago, there are 18 people in line for today's shows. 

10086Sundays
#4279Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/24/17 at 2:17pm

Daniel Knopf said: "Hi can someone clarify the difference between SRO and cancellation tickets? If I wait in line for tickets, will the tickets I receive be Standing room or full price cancellation tickets? Is there any way for me to request standing room tickets, because I would prefer not to pay 230$. Also, are standing room tickets good view? Thank you!"

Yes, you can request SRO, if it's offered. (It's all one line.)  I've never done it, but never seen any reports that it's bad, but that the second level of the set is cut off, although not too much happens up there.

Big Apple2 Profile Photo
Big Apple2
#4280Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/24/17 at 4:42pm

The people I know who were 18th in line at today's matinee got two SRO tickets. 

mariellie
#4281Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/24/17 at 4:58pm

I did the cancellation line on Friday 6/24 as a singleton -- got a ticket 5 minutes before curtain thanks to the great tips from you all! Here's how it went down. I joined the line around 12:30pm and was #17. First person had arrived at 6 am. Everyone on line was just buying a ticket for themselves, so a true #17, but I'd heard the night before only released 6 spots. A group of three people decided to leave the line around 5:45 (WHY?!) so I moved up to #14. They didn't release any tickets until around 6:45 pm at which point they gave 5 seats (2 pairs and 1 single). 2 more people decided to get last minute stubhub tickets, so I was now #12 from the original start, #6 without a ticket yet. No movement again until about 7:30 pm and then they called in 1 ticket, a pair, and another pair, each about 5 minutes apart. I got called in at 7:55 and went straight to my seat. 3 more people behind me (who only joined the line around 6 pm) ended up getting in. All of the seats (total of 15) were the cancellation tickets at $229 -- mine was orchestra row G seat 107, an AMAZING seat!  No standing room was available for the line that night. 

I had a great time hanging out and making friends in the line - everyone was so nice, held spots for food/drink/bathroom breaks, and cheered and gave high fives all around whenever someone was called to the box office to buy their tickets. Best part was we all ended up sitting together in a 2 row section (probably better for the other patrons, too, since it was HOT outside and no one had time to shower!) Such a fun experience!

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#4282Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/17 at 2:53pm

SRO are just that..standing room.  Cancel tickets are patrons or performers who don't need tickets and offer them via the box office.  If someone buys their ticket via Ticketmaster, the box office will not re-sell it for the customer.  The box office will try to sell patron or performer premium for full price if they can.  If not, they sell them at the last moment at a discount.

katiesalmon
#4283Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/27/17 at 2:09pm

Is my cat allowed to stand in line for me? He has a credit card.

chuckydisc
#4284Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/27/17 at 4:26pm

katiesalmon said: "Is my cat allowed to stand in line for me? He has a credit card."

You hadn't heard?  This is a cat'ist theatre ... ONLY mice are allowed on the cancellation line.

10086Sundays
#4285Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/27/17 at 4:33pm

chuckydisc said: "katiesalmon said: "Is my cat allowed to stand in line for me? He has a credit card."

You hadn't heard?  This is a cat'ist theatre ... ONLY mice are allowed on the cancellation line.
"

You don't know how right you are! 

One time when I was waiting the RR staff brought out a mouse that they had found backstage to release it. (Even though it probably just found its way back in an hour later.)  The mouse proceeded to run directly through the cancellation line.  You'd think it was going to maul someone the way everyone jumped up.  I thought that was just a movie/TV cliche.

Browneyes142
#4286Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/27/17 at 10:47pm

10086Sundays said: "chuckydisc said: "katiesalmon said: "Is my cat allowed to stand in line for me? He has a credit card."

You hadn't heard? This is a cat'ist theatre ... ONLY mice are allowed on the cancellation line.
"

You don't know how right you are!

"

The 2nd time I did the line, there was apparently a mouse living under the stairs of the stage door. It was running under our pillows. After it ducked back in his hole, we blocked it in.

SarahNYC2
#4287Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/30/17 at 4:33pm

I had the craziest experience today. I was in the Times Sq about 2:20pm today. I passed TKTS and saw Little Foxes listed for 40% off and thought about getting on line to wait  till they opened at 3pm. Then I thought I'd go see how the cancellation line looked for Hamilton. No one outside. I went in and a woman standing inside asked if she could help me. I said I was wondering where the cancellation is, and she said tickets were given out already. But she said to check with the box office. I asked if they had any tickets left. She said  you just need one. I am like just 1. She said she has 1 for 229. I said I'd take it.

Row, seat 2. I am in shock that I literally went up to the box office and got a ticket for tonight without paying a premium price.

countabby
#4288Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/3/17 at 9:58am

On 7/1 my friend and I decided to try the cancelation line after we got out of the Great Comet matinee. We got in line 4:30pm and we're 7/8 in line. The first people in line got their tickets around 6:00pm. The 4 people in front of us were waiting for SRO. We got our tickets at 7:00pm. I'm not sure how many tickets were sold after us that night but everyone I talked in line to got into the theater. I'm guessing at least 10 people behind us got tickets. 

I'm rushing for Charlie and the Chocolate factory right now. The Hamilton cancelation line has about 20 people 5 minutes before the box office opens. The line stops at the end of the steps. 

rosemary234
#4289Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/4/17 at 3:40pm

yaoqian said: "Hi all, I'm planning to wait in the cancellation line for tomorrow (Saturday 6/17)'s matinee performance, I will be going around 5:00 am. I will gladly grab a ticket for you if you pay for mine! Or you can pay for half of my ticket if you come switch with me around 9-10am. Pm me if interested! Feel free to negotiate with me the switching time.

curious if 5 am was necessary and how did it work out for you...?

10086Sundays
#4290Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/4/17 at 4:24pm

It's not necessary.  7am would be the earliest, probably.  However, there are always the unpredictable days when everyone has the same idea and there's a longer than normal line, just like there are days with a shorter than normal line.

nabajamba
#4291Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/8/17 at 9:54am

Hi All! Dumb question and already sort of answered: if I'm only trying for SRO, and I tell them that, will they only call me if SRO becomes available and just move down the line if it's premium? Would one lose one's spot in line if the first available is SRO? Thanks all!

broadwaynyc3
#4292Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/8/17 at 7:07pm

We lined up on the right side facing the theatre looking for the matinee show but we left when I found out I won the DEH matinee lottery. While my daughter and I watched DEH, hubby went to line up to get tixs for the evening performance, and he said the line was on the left side facing the theatre.  Got excellent row A seats!!!  I say if you see a line, just ask the last person if it's the line for the cancellation. 

nabajamba
#4293Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/8/17 at 9:09pm

I tried for the matinee today! Got there at 11:30 and was third in line. I was only trying for SRO and everybody ahead of me got in. Unfortunately, no SRO today, but it was worth a shot!

100% of people who waited for regular tickets, however, got into the matinee.

Updated On: 7/8/17 at 09:09 PM

Caroline Palicz
#4294Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/10/17 at 12:07am

Hi guys! I am near the city for the rest of the summer and am willing to wait in the cancellation line for Hamilton and grab a second ticket if you help out with the price of my ticket  on any day!!! (I'm a college student so hamilton's a bit pricey for me...). If you need more than 1 ticket I can bring a friend, but they would also need help with the price of their ticket and the dates I could do would potentially be less flexible (I can do any day, any time. with a friend is more likely to be a weekend). Please PM me!!!

Origamigal2
#4295Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/10/17 at 11:18am

"100% of people who waited for regular tickets, however, got into the matinee."

Great to hear that everyone got in! 

The cancellation line has always been hit or miss...waited 12 hours last fall and got standing room- a bit challenging to stand for the show after that long wait -but worth it! 

Burgcenafan
#4296Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/11/17 at 12:53am

Does anyone know when they hand out unclaimed lottery tickets usually and if so are there usually unclaimed winners?

10086Sundays
#4297Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/11/17 at 1:42am

Burgcenafan said: "Does anyone know when they hand out unclaimed lottery tickets usually and if so are there usually unclaimed winners?"

There usually are unclaimed seats,  but the amount varies greatly.

If they are going to hand them out, it can be anytime after the window for claiming has closed. Sometimes that's 30 minutes, sometimes they put the tickets up for sale and don't release them to the line until just before curtain time, sometimes it's sporadically during the day. You just have to line up and see what happens. 

Burgcenafan
#4298Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/11/17 at 6:29pm

How does the cancellation line operate for the second show on a two show day?

yaoqian
#4299Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/17 at 5:18pm

I waited in line today (Wednesday 7/12) for the matinee show. I went in line 12:30 and was around the 17th in line. During the process, three people left because they wanted to try Great Comet, and 4 people in front wanted sro. With tickets being released now and then, I was the first in line five minutes before curtain. I was giving up hope but I ended up getting a seat! I was the second to last that got a seat, and I was orchestra G102. Not sure how many sro were released today, but at least five since the friend of the person sitting next to me got an sro and she was behind the 4 that wanted sro.