pixeltracker

It Shoulda Been You Previews- Page 5

It Shoulda Been You Previews

pugsandcoffee Profile Photo
pugsandcoffee
#100It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 1:43pm

I did a demo recording for a friend/composer and he had a just gorgeous number from a little one-act he had done and he couldn't find a singer for. I managed to get her when she was available and I hope she'd be flattered to know I still listen to that song.

ETA: I know we're already crammed with Chenoweth, O'Hara, Rivera...but man, I would just lose my mind if she gets a Tony nom. Updated On: 3/18/15 at 01:43 PM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#101It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 1:46pm

I hadn't thought about her getting a nomination until today but I would be over the moon is she did.

....but the world goes 'round

pugsandcoffee
#102It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 1:49pm

I'm wracking my brain to think of who else would be eligible...I know Neverland will likely push Laura Michelle for lead, yes...and it's possible the twins in Side Show will sneak in despite their show being long gone...I couldn't say about An American In Paris...what else am I missing? Brynn O'Malley slaying it in Honeymoon? Jesus forgive me if they give Vanessa Hudgens a nod, and I imagine that they will not deem any of the fun Home women eligible for lead.

OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
OKBroadwayFan
#103It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 2:00pm

The Tony Committee ruled that the twins in Side Show will be considered separately and not together.

Updated On: 3/18/15 at 02:00 PM

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#104It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 2:44pm

"It's comforting to know that Philly will have the same opinion on Friday as he does today regardless of what happens tomorrow"

what do you mean by this?

and omg my thing just turned into legend today i guess! I was still a Star yesterday

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#105It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 2:50pm

What about Something Rotten?

Does anyone know is there's a female lead in that?

....but the world goes 'round

pugsandcoffee
#106It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 3:18pm

A glance at the cast list reveals:

Bea Heidi Blickenstaff
Portia Kate Reinders

My guess is those are supporting roles.

indytallguy
#107It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 3:38pm

"It's comforting to know that Philly will have the same opinion on Friday as he does today regardless of what happens tomorrow"

what do you mean by this?

It means you ignore reality.

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#108It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 4:52pm

Ah sweet youth is so self-centered---Look at moi, Look at moi !

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#109It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 5:46pm

I was afraid of this reaction, but was not expecting it to be quite so extreme! I didn't have much interest in this to begin with, so for me, its fate is sealed.

I was rooting for it, though, rather hoping for a hit for Burtka -- who seems like such a nice guy. After putting his career on hold, and NPH's insane success of late, I wanted him to land on his feet.

Sidebar: LOVE the ignore feature.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#110It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 5:59pm

I think with the names attached to this show, it'll run through the summer and likely close by Labor Day. Such a shame nothing was improved for this show.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#111It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 8:08pm

"The show presents us with a group of characters who are none too nice saying ugly and hurtful things"

Clearly, several members of this board are characters in the show.

Wilmingtom
#112It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 9:02pm

Ay-yi-yi, what was that supposed to be? I can't realy add anything to what Whizzer and others have articulated about the utter incompetance on parade. The talented, game cast notwithstanding, almost nothing here qualifies as a virtue. But my question is, if DHP wanted to direct a show, why in the world would he (and his agent) select this one? Daryl Roth is a pretty savvy producer, adding further to the mystery as to why this thing ever got mounted.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#113It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 9:52pm

I haven't seen the show yet, but my best friend just texted me her review in 6 brief words:

"It shoulda been good. It wasn't."

Oh, boy.

Jace2017
#114It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 10:42pm

Can anyone explain to me how the set is designed? Is it a unit set? Projections?

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#115It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 11:31pm

Wilmingtom, Daryl Roth is a pretty savvy producer, adding further to the mystery as to why this thing ever got mounted.
---
I agree and a class act not tacky like the show so I wonder why she is putting money into this piece of crap. It's beyond bad and won't last!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

jayinchelsea Profile Photo
jayinchelsea
#116It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 11:40pm

Saw this in NJ in 2011, it was dreadful. Hard to believe it hasn't improved since then. Why would actors of this calibre continue with this project? Yes, I know, actors want to work, but this one is dead on arrival.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#117It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 11:53pm

So the actors should not practice their Tony acceptance speeches?

Poster Emeritus

broadwayboy223
#118It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/18/15 at 11:58pm

Is it really that bad? It seems like it might be an enjoyable piece of fluff.

Mr Smith
#119It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/19/15 at 12:04am

Please close please
I would love to see another musical this season enter

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#120It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/19/15 at 12:06am

Remember yesterday when I said I've never used the ignore feature?

I just did ^

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#121It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/19/15 at 12:08am

Every season has a stinker and we all ask...why is this or how did it get to Broadway? It Shoulda Been You is this year's disaster!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#122It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/19/15 at 12:09am

Sheesh, people, the poor thing starts less than 48 hours ago. Give it a damn chance! I'd bet this brings in better numbers than Honeymoon. Or Holler.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#123It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/19/15 at 12:13am

Tis the BWW way. One or two shows are selected to be ripped apart by the mob each season. This is one and the other is Honeymoon. Last season, the pinata was Rocky. No rhyme or reason just pure nastiness. It will never change.

Poster Emeritus

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#124It Shoulda Been You Previews
Posted: 3/19/15 at 12:17am

I completely agree with you Mr. Roxy.

Honeymoon in Vegas and Rocky rocked my world!! Won't see It Shoulda Been You til the summer

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY