pixeltracker

Digital Lotteries...the new thing?- Page 5

Digital Lotteries...the new thing?

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#100Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
Posted: 1/18/16 at 10:02am

^^ Exactly. I love digital lotteries for just that reason. Other than easy rushes where I can show up at 6:30 and still get a rush ticket, that's the only way for me to use these policies.

But I do agree that ALL digital lotteries should absolutely implement two things:

1) Require you to claim your tickets within an hour (like TodayTix does, saving your card details so you can claim with just a swipe or click) and give unclaimed tickets to other lottery participants

2) Lock winners (who claimed their tickets) out of the lottery for a month or so. (they should do that per in-person lotteries too!)

I've been in a situation before where I entered an online lottery and won, but then couldn't make it. It was one of those where you just pick up and pay at the box office so there was no way to give the ticket back. I felt bad, send them an email saying "please give this to another person who entered the lottery" but obviously got no reply.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#101Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
Posted: 1/18/16 at 6:21pm

There are definitely pros and cons. What I like about the in-person lottery is you can see the winners firsthand and know there is no sort of corruption going on Digital Lotteries...the new thing?. I tried the digital lottery every single day for Fun Home this past summer and never won... same for my friends. It made us think that perhaps it may be rigged? I'm sure it wasn't but the thought was there.

What's cool about in-person lotteries is if you really want to see the show cheaply, then it is possible. My friend had her 25th birthday last August and she invited all her friends to go to the Hamilton lottery with her that day for 15 minutes and guess what.... two of them won (and yes, she got to see it for $10!) We then grabbed a drink with her afterwards in hells kitchen and she and 3 of our friends got to see the show.

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#102Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
Posted: 1/18/16 at 6:29pm

Wick3 said: "I tried the digital lottery every single day for Fun Home this past summer and never won... same for my friends. It made us think that perhaps it may be rigged? I'm sure it wasn't but the thought was there."

I won Fun Home digital lottery once this past summer (after entering several times), so I highly doubt it's rigged. But that sucks to have entered everyday without a win! 

My complaint with the digital lotteries is that you don't get a pin for winning! If you are paying over $30 for tickets you won, then they should come with a pin.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#103Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
Posted: 1/18/16 at 6:39pm

Well, if people that PAY FULL price don't  get a pin.....

(Of course, you might be referencing something I know nothing about )

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#104Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
Posted: 1/18/16 at 7:48pm

RaiseYouUp said: "My complaint with the digital lotteries is that you don't get a pin for winning! If you are paying over $30 for tickets you won, then they should come with a pin."

A severely discounted ticket isn't enough?

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#105Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
Posted: 1/18/16 at 10:33pm

It's enough. In fact it's plenty. But still, many lotteries are pushing $40, which isn't nothing. Especially when some lotteries are $25 (or less). 

hdl
#106Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
Posted: 5/7/16 at 8:03am

It's my first time back to the city in a long while!  With the digital lotteries, if you enter multiple lotteries, can you win for multiple shows and then pick your favorite?  I see for the shows on Broadway Direct, you can only win for one show.  Is this the same for the shows on Today Tix or the ones through SocialToaster?  Thanks!

Updated On: 5/7/16 at 08:03 AM

Jakeevan942
#107Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
Posted: 5/7/16 at 9:21am

It is possible to win all 4 platforms-Broadway Direct from Nederlander, ScoailToaster from Schubert, Turnkey Systems from Jujamcyn, and TodayTix from the independent/non-profits. I think each will only let you win one show for a performance slot.

What you really have to balance is when you need o reply for-The one hour window for Today Tix and Broaway Direct may be up before all of your results have come back.

Oak2
#108Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
Posted: 8/31/16 at 12:14am

Sorry for bumping, but this seems to be the thread on lotteries and I didn't want to start a new one as I've seen people be yelled at if they create a new thread when there's already an old one on a similar topic, but I'm getting increasingly frustrated and could use some help:

How do you sign up for the Socialtoaster lotteries? I keep trying to sign up for the Matilda and School of Rock lotteries, it keeps telling me to put in my info when I try to link it with Facebook, I do, and then it gives me the same message of "Please sign in with a social network you have used before to connect Facebook to your account." I sign into my facebook and I don't see any way to link it. I don't have any of the other social networks they show. I've been trying 50 times now and can't figure out any way to get in, and I'm getting so frustrated with it I'm about to cry. Does anyone know what I need to do to be actually allowed into the lotteries? Any help would be appreciated! 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#109Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
Posted: 8/31/16 at 12:55am

I've only entered social toaster lottos through twitter, with success. Have you tried emailing them?

http://www.socialtoaster.com/support

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Notreallysilent 2
#110Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
Posted: 8/31/16 at 7:34am

I've tried before entering Facebook, and there is always problems. I'd try entering through twitter as well.

Hairspray0901
#111Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
Posted: 8/31/16 at 8:56am

I agree with the above posters. Facebook always gives me problems so I always enter through Twitter. 

KathyNYC2
#112Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
Posted: 8/31/16 at 9:41am

I still say the biggest problem with online lotteries IS that people can and do play multiple lotteries and win..and then not use them. At least when you went in person, because you made the effort -you used the tickets.

I know that there are many shows where people had hoped to win the lottery but didn't...but then the lottery seats are empty for the show because none of the winners claimed them. That rarely happened with in person lotteries, it happens all the time now.

I know that Today's Tix will at times call people who "lost" because they had extra unclaimed winner tickets...but I don't think anyone else does.

I understand the convenience for those who don't live close by or can't take the time but there should be ways to avoid this. It's better for everyone if the house is as "sold" as possible but this system just encourages empty seats.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#113Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
Posted: 8/31/16 at 10:01am

I think the only way to solve this KathyNYC2 is that if you win the lottery you credit card is automatically charged. 

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Kate Monster3
#114Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
Posted: 8/31/16 at 11:34am

Huss417 said: "I think the only way to solve this KathyNYC2 is that if you win the lottery you credit card is automatically charged."

I actually really like that idea Huss.  It would discourage people from just entering lotteries all willy nilly, plus would actually help the people who somehow miss the deadline to pay for the tickets (because they didn't see the email or whatever the case may be) but still wanted to see the show. 

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#115Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
Posted: 8/31/16 at 12:18pm

I'm not a fan. I live in Chicago so I don't get tons of lottos to enter, but I entered the digital War Paint one for every single day that it was here, and never won. Same thing with a smaller production of Heathers a few months ago, through TodayTix. After those I decided I didn't have much luck with lottos, but went down this summer to enter the Book of Mormon lotto for fun. I won on my first try. They handed out 20 tickets and only about 20 people were there, only 2 people didn't win. So I much prefer regular lotto, at least in this city.