Message Board Update!

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#75Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/3/15 at 3:03pm

I think we've now fixed the spellcheck issue? 

We also bumped the font size up a tiny bit, and added in a quote message link next to the reply to message link as suggested. Message Board Update!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#76Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/3/15 at 3:18pm

Spell check is fixed.  Thank you!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#77Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/3/15 at 3:21pm

Bumping up the font size makes it so much better. Thanks

Poster Emeritus

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#78Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/3/15 at 3:39pm

I love it all!

....but the world goes 'round

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#79Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/3/15 at 4:34pm

"As you've probably noticed, we made a ton of tweaks throughout the day and night yesterday based on everyone's helpful feedback. We're working on one small issue today, affecting those using versions of Internet Explorer prior to 10. Naturally my personal recommendation (for a multitude of reasons) would be to upgrade or switch your browser --- BUT, we're working on a fix / workaround of one clever sort or another. 
We've also upgraded the PMs this morning as well which will now also be mobile friendly, and contain the new editor. 
More to come! "

Thanks so much for the much-needed update to the message boards. 

I was wondering if there was a way to go to the "last read" post of a thread you had already visited so that way you don't have to guess which page was the last page you've read? Also, it'd be nice to be able to get on-site notifications that threads you had posted in or "subscribed" to have new posts in them rather than have notifications flood your personal email inbox.

Updated On: 4/3/15 at 04:34 PM

Scripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
#80Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/3/15 at 4:41pm

Much easier to read and navigate on my LG G3 - thank you.

The only odd thing is that when I hold the mobile in portrait position and then move it to landscape, BWW stays in portrait whereas all other sites move to landscape with the mobile. 

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#81Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/4/15 at 5:45pm

I'm having the following problem - If I click on the person's name who was the last to post in a thread, I get a blank page. the only way to read the thread is to click on the original title , in the left column, and then select the last page if I want to read the final post.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#82Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/4/15 at 9:32pm

I want to publicly thank Rob for responding promptly to my post and fixing the issue right away!Message Board Update!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#83Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/5/15 at 11:29pm

I still can't upload pictures. I've put them on tinypic, tried using the "insert" feature and still just get and "x" like this:

Message Board Update!

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#84Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/6/15 at 8:06am

When you insert the image, you just need to put the address of the picture... 

ie: http://i61.tinypic.com/2e4bzfb.jpg

You don't need the [IMG] thing before or after. 

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#85Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/6/15 at 12:15pm

The chosen font makes the message board list hard to quickly read when looking for a thread.

Showface
#86Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/7/15 at 7:08pm

Is there a way to do drafts?

I love the new look and the new system! I just think that it's a pain to write a long, wonderful post, and then something happens, and it's gone...and you can never recreate what you have done. 

I can understand the difficulty, and I appreciate all of the hard work on this! That's just one minor thing I would like to see happen.

Thanks! Message Board Update!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#87Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/8/15 at 7:22am

Hey, Rob, the new look and feel is great! One quick suggestion for users who paste in hyperlinks ... those links seem to take your browser directly to the linked site, meaning they're leaving BWW.

I know there is a target option under the hyperlink tool to open in a new window (which is great), but I would almost take away that option and force outside links to open in a new window (as a default). You'll keep more people on BWW that way.

Plus, if they paste a link in a post directly now (without using the link tool, which many still do), they will leave BWW after clicking the link.

Just a thought. I've closed a few windows only to realize that I just exited BWW without wanting to (because the opened window was the same window).

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#88Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/8/15 at 7:48am

Thank you, good idea and we'll have that tweaked momentarily!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#89Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/8/15 at 12:00pm

I am not able to click on any threads on the mobile app or safari browser on iPhone 6 plus.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#90Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/8/15 at 12:08pm

When I'm using the site on my iPhone, I get those full screen pop ups that I'm not able to get rid of so I just end up having to close the page and try to load it again until that pop-up doesn't "pop-up".

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#91Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/8/15 at 12:27pm

I'm able to click now. But I think the mobile board was smoother on the old app.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#92Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/8/15 at 2:27pm

Pasted-in URLs still aren't linking. Example.

Also, after clicking to close an ad (I only see this on mobile), the entire page refreshes, causing another slow-down.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#93Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/8/15 at 3:06pm

This may not be a problem, but I can't title my links anymore.

I put the title in the correct field but when it posts it's the whole url

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#94Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/8/15 at 3:08pm

What you want to title the link should go into the 'Text to Display' field... 

I'm able to click the 'Example' link Lizzie? 

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#95Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/8/15 at 3:10pm

D'oh! That was easy.

Thanks Rob.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#96Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/8/15 at 3:21pm

I meant, mine was right and the pasted-in link in the Fun Home thread wasn't clickable.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#97Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/8/15 at 5:40pm

"I meant, mine was right and the pasted-in link in the Fun Home thread wasn't clickable."

Ooh, gotcha. To auto-link something, one just needs to add a space, or hit enter after a link. 

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#98Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/9/15 at 10:04am

Mind as well as this here:
Why doesn't Broadwayworld embed tweets in their news stories?  (especially when the stories are about tweets…ie. "twitter watch")

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#99Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/14/15 at 9:57am

I skimmed thru this thread but didn't see this mentioned: the message board is fine on my phone, but all of the surrounding ads and stories are very old? w.broadwayworld.com, iPhone, Safari.

The ad at the top of the message board is announcing the premiere of Smash Feb 6 after The Voice. When I click on 'top stories' the top three stories right now are:
- announcing the cast of the world premiere of the new musical Stephen Ward
- announcing that Annie closing on Jan 5, 2014
- the 20,000th performance of The Fantasticks will happen on Sunday Sept 15, 2013

Do I need to delete something in order to get the current ads and news stories when I'm on the site? Again, message board is fine - most recent post is 04/4/2015, 9:56am - that's all fine and in real time. Everything surrounding it is old, though.

Videos